pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#61 Jun 19, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
What argument? The best you've got is name calling, naysaying and foul language. I have yet to see anything come close to resembling a reasoned argument from you and I doubt we ever will since you've shown yourself entirely incapable of it.
Lets see you back something up lil stinker -- with credible, verifiable facts and sources. Lets see something besides fright wing gossip, excuses, rumor, lies, innuendo, tall tales, shuck and jive, baseless nonsense, non-facts, tap dancing.

I love doing this to you .... and I'm waiting.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#62 Jun 19, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Lets see you back something up lil stinker -- with credible, verifiable facts and sources.
LOL...says the loser who pulls out Wikipedia and YouTube as credible sources. Useful. Idiot.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#63 Jun 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
.That is the surprising new view of a number of economists in academia and on Wall Street, who are now predictingsomething the United States has not experienced in years, healthier, more lasting growth...T ........
Forgive me if I'm skeptical of their rosy little crystal ball prognosticating. These people are wrong just as often as they're right and, as I observed several times already, we have yet to see the full effect of Obamacare on the economy. Don't you think that employers cutting hours for their workers to avoid having to provide them insurance just MIGHT have a negative effect on the economy? Don't you think forcing people who are already stretched thin on their budgets to shell out hundreds a month for health insurance MIGHT have a negative effect on the economy (this with their hours cut and bringing home less pay). And that's but a few facets of the problem to consider.
Tell you what, Blue...if the economy is doing great a year from now, you can tell me, "I told you so". If it's not, you can take it to the bank I'll be saying it to you. Over and over.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#64 Jun 19, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...says the loser who pulls out Wikipedia and YouTube as credible sources. Useful. Idiot.
If you knew how to read and comprehend or had an ounce of critical thinking skills you might have a basis for claiming the sources -- either Wikepedia or the YouTube video -- have no credibility.

I just know you'll use Wiki or youtube when it suits your dumb a$$.

In any case, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see both my sources for what they are -- credible. Why? because there are a number of others out there that back my sources up.

So big boy. Show me how informed you are and give me your own sources to refute mine.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#65 Jun 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Since you are among those, unable to find current economic news.....(6-16-13) Nelson Schwartz...New York Times....For more than a decade, the econiomy has failed to grow the way it once did...Unemployment has not stayed this high, this long since the 1930's...But could the New Normal, as this long economic slog, has been called, finally be growing old?...That is the surprising new view of a number of economists in academia and on Wall Street, who are now predictingsomething the United States has not experienced in years, healthier, more lasting growth...The improving is one reason the stock market has risen so sharply this year, even if street-levelevidence for a turnaround, like strong job growth and income gains have been minimal, so far........The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office also see's relatively fast growth of 3.4 percent next year, and a 3.6 percent between 2015 and 2018.........
Jason just admit you troll the threads of Topix!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#66 Jun 19, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew how to read and comprehend or had an ounce of critical thinking skills you might have a basis for claiming the sources -- either Wikepedia or the YouTube video -- have no credibility.
I just know you'll use Wiki or youtube when it suits your dumb a$$.
In any case, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see both my sources for what they are -- credible. Why? because there are a number of others out there that back my sources up.
So big boy. Show me how informed you are and give me your own sources to refute mine.
Then show the "number of others that back my sources up" because Wiki and Youtube are rife with little pathological liars like you editing stuff to make it sound like they believe. You got nothing little man and everyone knows it.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#67 Jun 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
PROS: STEADY U.S. GROWTH RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...Both in Academia, on Wall Street, Forecasters upbeat.....For Details...Buy a Newspaper.....
Wow, Blue, I confess I wasn't aware that "academia" and Wall Street were experts. Seems not too long ago you were ragging on Wall Street for being "greedy". And as for academia, do you even have a clue what that is? By the way, looks like the Fed is getting ready to burst the bubble doesn't it? Gotta watch out for those Wall Street suits and the Fed.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#68 Jun 19, 2013
First you accuse Mr. Wiggly of being Jason, and now you accuse Go Blue. Hmmmmmmmmm, do you have an obsession with Jason??????????
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#69 Jun 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Would'nt it be wonderful, if we could freeze all foreign and military aid?........ then in televised hearings(no closed sessions)...add them back on a one by one basis......For years we payed Egypt, just to be nice to Israel......
And now we're paying the Muslim Brotherhood to Hate Israel!
Can you explain to us why you think the current situation is better?
Phil

Oxford, MI

#70 Jun 20, 2013
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>First you accuse Mr. Wiggly of being Jason, and now you accuse Go Blue. Hmmmmmmmmm, do you have an obsession with Jason??????????
I think your Jason too. Just admit it Jason. The boys are waiting for you get back to dancing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#71 Jun 20, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I'm skeptical of their rosy little crystal ball prognosticating. These people are wrong just as often as they're right and, as I observed several times already, we have yet to see the full effect of Obamacare on the economy. Don't you think that employers cutting hours for their workers to avoid having to provide them insurance just MIGHT have a negative effect on the economy? Don't you think forcing people who are already stretched thin on their budgets to shell out hundreds a month for health insurance MIGHT have a negative effect on the economy (this with their hours cut and bringing home less pay). And that's but a few facets of the problem to consider.
Tell you what, Blue...if the economy is doing great a year from now, you can tell me, "I told you so". If it's not, you can take it to the bank I'll be saying it to you. Over and over.
Do me a huge favor....read your newspaper's business section for a week, then come back and tell me our economy isn't well? Hopefully, i was counting on some of you having investments....skin in the game....

Location hidden

#72 Jun 20, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>And now we're paying the Muslim Brotherhood to Hate Israel!
Can you explain to us why you think the current situation is better?
Not sure yet, but are you asserting we are responsible for the revolution in Egypt?
Jason

Hudsonville, MI

#73 Jun 20, 2013
Let's hope the O man just bought a one way ticket. He can live in a hut with his brother.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#74 Jun 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
With an average of 39 posts a day, ya think??? LOL
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#75 Jun 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Do me a huge favor....read your newspaper's business section for a week, then come back and tell me our economy isn't well?.
Take a look at the recent jump in jobless claims and tell me it is. Take a look at the workforce participation rates and tell me...with a straight face...that all is well. The jobs we ARE adding are primarily in the lower paying sector. Again, not promising for a consumer driven economy.
Only an Obama shill would be posting all over Topix about how great the economy is doing and how happy days are on the way again according to 'experts'. Funny how others aren't so optimistic.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#76 Jun 20, 2013
Really wrote:
Wow, Blue, I confess I wasn't aware that "academia" and Wall Street were experts. Seems not too long ago you were ragging on Wall Street for being "greedy". And as for academia, do you even have a clue what that is? By the way, looks like the Fed is getting ready to burst the bubble doesn't it? Gotta watch out for those Wall Street suits and the Fed.
And not surprisingly, not everyone is all Pollyanna positive about the economy.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013/06/20...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#77 Jun 20, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Wikipedia can be contributed to by anyone and the stuff on YouTube is heavily edited, photoshopped and/or downright fake. There's a reason why neither of those sources are allowed as resources for papers or other scholarly works in high school OR college; they're simply unreliable. The fact that you are gullible to think otherwise or think ANYone is gullible enough to buy what you're selling is hysterically funny but oh-so-typical of progressives; anything they agree with automatically becomes irrefutable truth no matter how unreliable the source.
http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/education...
Really

Wyoming, MI

#78 Jun 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Do me a huge favor....read your newspaper's business section for a week, then come back and tell me our economy isn't well? Hopefully, i was counting on some of you having investments....skin in the game....
Read your newspaper's business section tonight Blue?
Chris Simcox

United States

#79 Jun 20, 2013
That's what President's do, give it a rest.

Location hidden

#80 Jun 21, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Read your newspaper's business section tonight Blue?
Please explain your attitude?...New kind of Patriot?.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 1 hr kookierecluse 136
tex-mex visits white house . . . without invita... 4 hr bobolinq 1
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 5 hr Amy 96
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 5 hr Times are a Changing 2,848
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 6 hr Really 64
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 128
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE