|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Elephant Gun wrote:
Managements cut and take approach from the American workforce is the problem. If your company is losing money management shouldnt get an 80% pay raise. If the ceo cant keep the company profitable they fail and are a non-producer so they deserve less pay than the lowest paid individual. I'm sure squeelie and the rest of the gop numbskulls would be outraged if they negotiated a contract and then were told it is being voided and you get nothing. Trying to explain economics to a republican is like asking a dead animal to roll over on its own.
Trying to follow your drivel is like having Elephant Dung in your living room and trying to get rid of it. The stench stays forever.
pants on fire

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Elephant Gun wrote:
Managements cut and take approach from the American workforce is the problem. If your company is losing money management shouldnt get an 80% pay raise. If the ceo cant keep the company profitable they fail and are a non-producer so they deserve less pay than the lowest paid individual. I'm sure squeelie and the rest of the gop numbskulls would be outraged if they negotiated a contract and then were told it is being voided and you get nothing. Trying to explain economics to a republican is like asking a dead animal to roll over on its own.
And how do you know the CEO is Republican? There are a lot of Democrat CEO's, or are you just going to ignore that logic in your twisted though process? And what the hell does politics have to do with it besides the fact that a union is involved and we know they only follow Democrats?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
Bob, I'm still waiting for the 30K figure from you. Please post where you got the number from or explain why you lied.
Had you bothered to follow the news, or perhaps read the story I linked you would have seen that there were a number of worker's unions involved with Hostess.

Yes, the Teamsters provided their employees with better wages, and the Baker's union employees made approximately $40k per/year before their pay cuts. The majority of employees for the company made less than these two groups.

The only people lying on this subject are the ones lying to themselves that executive payrolls should go up during a bankruptcy.....

Go figure out why you think that way!
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you bothered to follow the news, or perhaps read the story I linked you would have seen that there were a number of worker's unions involved with Hostess.
Yes, the Teamsters provided their employees with better wages, and the Baker's union employees made approximately $40k per/year before their pay cuts. The majority of employees for the company made less than these two groups.
The only people lying on this subject are the ones lying to themselves that executive payrolls should go up during a bankruptcy.....
Go figure out why you think that way!
Where did you get 30k and provide a link. If you are just going to throw out random numbers to suit your argument then just mind your own business.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get 30k and provide a link. If you are just going to throw out random numbers to suit your argument then just mind your own business.
Do the initials F.O. mena anything to you, or are you one of the tards that needs everything spelled out to you?

I said I saw it on THE NEWS. Since that entails something other than the blaze, I can see where that throws you, but tough!
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Do the initials F.O. mena anything to you, or are you one of the tards that needs everything spelled out to you?
That would just be you, short bus bob. The rest of us can find links to news stories that we claim to have seen because, you know...they have transcripts of those things.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I saw it on THE NEWS. Since that entails something other than the blaze, I can see where that throws you, but tough!
Sure Bob. I saw on the news and can't provide any documentation. What news are you watching that doesn't have a website? You throw out "facts" that are obviously wrong and get upset when someone wants to know where this information came from.

Typical liberal, don't like the facts so just make up new ones. We know your kind isn't into honesty anyway.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Good Day,

Developing:

Judge orders one last ditch mediation:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/19/news/companie...

Steelie
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Bob. I saw on the news and can't provide any documentation. What news are you watching that doesn't have a website? You throw out "facts" that are obviously wrong and get upset when someone wants to know where this information came from.
Typical liberal, don't like the facts so just make up new ones. We know your kind isn't into honesty anyway.
Bob "saw it on the news",Blue "read it in a newspaper" and Stevie "read an opinion". Quite the trifecta. Between the 3 of them, they couldn't find a link in a chain link fence.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Bob "saw it on the news",Blue "read it in a newspaper" and Stevie "read an opinion". Quite the trifecta. Between the 3 of them, they couldn't find a link in a chain link fence.
Funny how they always demand "links" all the time, but they never read them.
Their "opinion" means more.
Chip

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Bob "saw it on the news",Blue "read it in a newspaper" and Stevie "read an opinion". Quite the trifecta. Between the 3 of them, they couldn't find a link in a chain link fence.
They just hate actual facts don't they.
pants on fire

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
They just hate actual facts don't they.
fact interfere with revisionist history, didn't you know that? ;)
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how they always demand "links" all the time, but they never read them.
Their "opinion" means more.
Odd how they can say, "read it in a newspaper" and "saw it on the news" and everyone should just accept it as fact, but when others say the same thing, those people MUST provide proof or it's just another lie. Gotta hate when people demand the same proof from you, don't you?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how they can say, "read it in a newspaper" and "saw it on the news" and everyone should just accept it as fact, but when others say the same thing, those people MUST provide proof or it's just another lie. Gotta hate when people demand the same proof from you, don't you?
This c0oming from the fat cow who derieds every source used as being from the lame stream media......
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
This c0oming from the fat cow who derieds every source used as being from the lame stream media......
Started drinking a little early today, didn't you? Did your mom run an errand and leave the liquor cabinet unlocked again?

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Elephant Gun wrote:
I disagree. The bigger issue is that at one time, having a high school degree at least gave a person the chance to have a middle class income. Today that isn't true and the politicians and parents who are fooling folks by telling them they can make a "good" living with just a HS degree or less, are the ones really hurting the workers.

Salaries are based on competition. If I have a job open that pays $15/hour and I get qualified people who are willing to do the job for $10/hour, then that job just became a $10/hour job. It wasn't me that lowered the wage, it was the other qualified applicants. OTOH, if I have an open job at $15/hour and I can't find a qualified person, then the job goes up to $17.50...$20...$22 until I get the right person in the position.

If someone wants to make $X then they need the education and skills that are worth $X to an employer. If someone is running a cash register and the job pays minimum wage, after doing the job for 10 years, it is still a minimum wage job.

The second part is basic math. The bonuses amount to $1.75 million for the executives. Divide that by the 18,500 workers and its $95 per worker. Depending on the final agreement, the workers may get more than $100 in severence. Are the executives worth that much? Depends on the expectations but I would agree they probably aren't. But whether they get it or not has zero impact on the workers, their pay or the fate of the company.

And that's the big lie; that the pay of the CEO has some impact on the pay of the workers. And the one's who spout that are either ignorant or intentionally dishonest.
Really

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
any source you provide is from the lame stream media, Bob. You spell credibility "NBC, CBS, New York Time, Huffington Post". You are as lame as they are.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Good Day,

Mediation failed (no real suprise). Hostess to ask the judge to enter bankruptcy.

Steelie
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>any source you provide is from the lame stream media, Bob. You spell credibility "NBC, CBS, New York Time, Huffington Post". You are as lame as they are.
Too bad you village idiots can't provide a list of teabagger sources of news......

It would serve as a good joke!

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you village idiots can't provide a list of teabagger sources of news......
It would serve as a good joke!
Bob, what difference does it make whether the executives got $0,$1.75 million or $20 million? The amount given to the CEO or anyone else has zero impact on what the workers got paid or get if the company goes under.

Their compensation doesn't impact the pay of anyone else, it doesn't impact whether Hostess stays in business, it doesn't really impact the price you pay for a twinkie.

So other than the 5 year old "it's not fair" argument, what's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Rapids Discussions

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 4 hr FIan 712
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 6 hr Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans Thu Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Wed Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head Wed Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
•••
•••