Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#168 Jul 12, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>This nation has Contract Laws....... Bond holders get paid first but instead the O stole it and gave to the Unions.... Plain and simple.....
Aren't you the chamber drone that said that union contracts weren't worth the paper they were written on? But now, non-secured bond holders get paid first?

You must have learned this BS when you signed up for your Ronnie RayGun email account!

Too bad you've never lived in the real world....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#169 Jul 12, 2013
Bob, plain and simple Bitchboi is one of the biggest dip-$hits on this site. You won't change that. Its hopeless. I'm sure he's been that way his entire miserable life. He's stuck on stupid.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#170 Jul 12, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the chamber drone that said that union contracts weren't worth the paper they were written on? But now, non-secured bond holders get paid first?
You must have learned this BS when you signed up for your Ronnie RayGun email account!
Too bad you've never lived in the real world....
You might want to live in Mexico..... You to Piper.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#171 Jul 12, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the chamber drone that said that union contracts weren't worth the paper they were written on? But now, non-secured bond holders get paid first?
You must have learned this BS when you signed up for your Ronnie RayGun email account!
Too bad you've never lived in the real world....
Speaking of drones, did you notice the segment on the news, about our U.S. Navy landing a Drone on the Aircraft Carrier...Just imagine the possibilities?.....We could cut defense spending, at last.....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#172 Jul 12, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Chamber member......
Bond holders should have known there was a risk in their investments, and dealerships weren't provided with the guarantees that legitimate union employees had bargained for. As far as I know, the government has sold a portion of the stocks they got in the bailout deal. Whatever they sold them for, the government would have lost a lot more had they failed to invest in those companies in the first place.
How would the government have lost a lot more if they had failed to invest in those companies? Worse case the companies would have gone through bankruptcy, been broken up into multiple companies which would have provided increased jobs and taxes.

There was never a possibility of GM simply disappearing, except maybe in the minds of those who have no clue regarding business.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#173 Jul 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
JOB OPENINGS, HIRES RISE SLIGHTLY IN MAY...AP Morning Line (7-10-13)...U.S. employers advertised slightly more jobs in May and hired more workers, further signs of steady improvement in the job market....The Labbor Department said Tuesday that job openings rose28,000 to 3.83 million in May from April. That's close to February's 3.9 million which was the highest in five years.....A measure of overall hiring increased 46,000 to 4.4 million.However there are nearly 3.1 unemployed for each open job......
Except most of those are part-time jobs.

"To be precise, there were 61.5 million full-time breadwinner jobs in the private sector during January 2000. There were just 56.5 million private sector breadwinner jobs contained in the allegedly “robust” report for June 2013.

Indeed, we have been losing private sector breadwinner jobs at the rate of 31,000 per months for thirteen and one-half years running. Yet the Keynesian money printers who inhabit the Eccles Building insist that the problem is cyclical and that just a few more months of lunatic bond-buying will bring the labor market back to full employment health. If the Cramer noise machine had a “sell” button, it would be screaming at the top of its lungs."

Stated differently, at the anemic rate of breadwinner jobs recovery it will take until 2025 to get back to the level that existed in January 2000.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-11/davi...
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#174 Jul 12, 2013
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#175 Jul 13, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
How would the government have lost a lot more if they had failed to invest in those companies? Worse case the companies would have gone through bankruptcy, been broken up into multiple companies which would have provided increased jobs and taxes.
There was never a possibility of GM simply disappearing, except maybe in the minds of those who have no clue regarding business.
That isn't close to what the drones were calling for. Of course you already know that and its time to re-write another chapter of repuke history.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#176 Jul 13, 2013
Are you part of the 1%.......

Here's the perfect piece that explains the republican plan:



Any bets that Charlie wouldn't be happy at the same $34k per/year he thinks is plenty for everyone else?

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#177 Jul 13, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't close to what the drones were calling for. Of course you already know that and its time to re-write another chapter of repuke history.
Since you don't have an answer you must not have a real scenario where the government would have lost money by letting the legal system and the marketplace work.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#178 Jul 13, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't have an answer you must not have a real scenario where the government would have lost money by letting the legal system and the marketplace work.
Bob has no answers, ever. Only ridicule and name calling for those who dare to disagree with his warped view of life. He and Pipester must be related.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#179 Jul 17, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't have an answer you must not have a real scenario where the government would have lost money by letting the legal system and the marketplace work.
He lives off of us.. How's Pappy's doing Bobby?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#180 Jul 17, 2013
BUILDER CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO SOAR...AP(7-17-13)...U.S. homebuilders are feeling more optimistic about their home sales prospects than they have in seven years. That suggest's home sales will continue to surge......The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo building sentiment index released Tuesday jumped to 57 this month from 51 in June. It was the third consecutive monthly gain. The index has'nt been this high since January 2006....Measures of customer traffic, current sales conditions and builders' outlook for single-family home sales over the next six months vaulted to their highest levels in at least seven years....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#181 Jul 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
BUILDER CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO SOAR...AP(7-17-13)...U.S. homebuilders are feeling more optimistic about their home sales prospects than they have in seven years. That suggest's home sales will continue to surge......The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo building sentiment index released Tuesday jumped to 57 this month from 51 in June. It was the third consecutive monthly gain. The index has'nt been this high since January 2006....Measures of customer traffic, current sales conditions and builders' outlook for single-family home sales over the next six months vaulted to their highest levels in at least seven years....
True but the median price of a new home sold in May was $263,900 which means that the annual income necessary to buy the home was roughly $80,00. That may be fine for you but the ones that voted for Obama continue to be priced out of the market. Add in rising interest rates and stricter rules and the O voter continues to suffer.

How is this good for the millions the D's have added to SNAP who have, at best no job possibilities until 2016?

How is this good for the millions who are having their hours cut and jobs eliminated due to the ACA?

Half of recent college grads are working jobs that don't require a degree, according to research from the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. So how is this a good sign for the college grad with six figures of debt and working for $10/hour?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#182 Jul 18, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
True but the median price of a new home sold in May was $263,900 which means that the annual income necessary to buy the home was roughly $80,00. That may be fine for you but the ones that voted for Obama continue to be priced out of the market. Add in rising interest rates and stricter rules and the O voter continues to suffer.
How is this good for the millions the D's have added to SNAP who have, at best no job possibilities until 2016?
How is this good for the millions who are having their hours cut and jobs eliminated due to the ACA?
Half of recent college grads are working jobs that don't require a degree, according to research from the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. So how is this a good sign for the college grad with six figures of debt and working for $10/hour?
Spoken from the side of the equation that supports the party of the Koch Bros.......

Your whining about a $10 per/hour job is comical when the money that backs your party thinks that $34k per/year puts you into the top 1%!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#183 Jul 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken from the side of the equation that supports the party of the Koch Bros.......
Your whining about a $10 per/hour job is comical when the money that backs your party thinks that $34k per/year puts you into the top 1%!
When you live in Mecosta that is big bucks.....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#184 Jul 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken from the side of the equation that supports the party of the Koch Bros.......
Your whining about a $10 per/hour job is comical when the money that backs your party thinks that $34k per/year puts you into the top 1%!
Not at all. Yes, new house construction is up. So are sales of $50K trucks. And the stock market is up. Others point to those things and others of being signs of an economy that is "revved up" (see thread title). My point is that all those things point to what I've been saying for a long time, that the current policies are good for those making six figures but those the D's say they are helping are actually being hurt by the current administration. And the Obama administration has done a lot more to help those like Soros and the Koch brothers (but not Koch industries) than the Bush admin ever did. Haven't you read anything about the income gap increasing significantly more under Obama than Bush?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/inco...

The other point is also true, ask anyone who has gone overseas to do any type of mission work, or church aid work. We bitch about not having the latest smartphone when others sell their children for access to water.

What we call "poor" today was upper-middle class when I was growing up. It's all in perspective and the truth is that we have a nation of have's and have-a-lot. There are few people in this country that fit the depression era image of being poor.

In John Barron's Mig Pilot, Lt. Viktor Belenko relates his impression of America he gained while watching a propaganda film showing how poor and oppressed the American people were. But what the film showed him was that even the 'poor and oppressed peoples' in America had their own apartments, automobiles, TVs, refrigerators, and stoves, something the average Soviet citizen could only dream about. The poor in America were wealthy compared to average Soviet citizen.

http://weekendpundit.org/2011/04/whe-the-poor...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#185 Jul 21, 2013
Stock market has really been doing well...3 or 4 straight weeks of gains....Slow recovery may prove much healthier for the economy, more grounded....

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#186 Jul 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Stock market has really been doing well...3 or 4 straight weeks of gains....Slow recovery may prove much healthier for the economy, more grounded....
Or it could be continued evidence of two economies, one for those at the top and the other for the rest of us. Just because the stock price for company X goes up that doesn't mean they are going to hire any more people in this country. Walmart's stock has gone up vesus 2 years ago, one year ago, six months ago, one month ago and even just last week.

For the millions who just graduated High School last month, and even for many who just graduated college, their prospects aren't looking good. Consider this. Rachel Jeantel admitted she can't read cursive yet has a 3.0. Assuming that continues and she graduates without being able to read or speak intelligently, what kind of job is she going to get? Will she be able to make much more than minimum wage?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#187 Jul 21, 2013
I remember everyone worrying, back in the early-mid 70's....about when the Vietnam War was petering out....where's everyone gonna work...it's a neverending concern....i do think about 3-4 percent of our population, have zero desire to actually work....lol....i thing, you can alway's count on, is change....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How bad are grand rapids roads 3 hr a commenter 3
Obama and cocaine addicts 4 hr Oneal 10
Watch Racebaiter Oprah Wigout On Guest's Opinion 4 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 52
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 10 hr no_more_dems 100
Holder is stepping down 10 hr no_more_dems 164
Crowd Walks Out On Obama 14 hr Gville Jim 5
CDC Got Threat Of Ebola All Wrong Sun Trouser Cough 17
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]