GR teen shot to death

GR teen shot to death

There are 79 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Jun 13, 2008, titled GR teen shot to death. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A man was questioned after a teenager was shot in the head just after 2 a.m. Friday on Grand Rapids' southwest side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
NESTO

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jun 13, 2008
ALWAYS IN MY HEART,,(FOREVER MY BRO)R.I.P JORDAN CLARK
meme

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Jun 14, 2008
what is our new police chief going to do about the shootings. This is a daily occurrence?
basiclynumb

Wayland, MI

#4 Jun 14, 2008
I lost my son on the 4th of july last year to a sincless stabbing . and my thoughts are with the family. The pain you feel is the pain I feel. This has got to end. My sons name was Jordon also . You are in my prayers.

Since: Jun 08

Wyoming, MI

#5 Jun 14, 2008
Gang Related Big surprise Hey the Good Thing The Banger are all slowing killing eachother off...Cheaper than locking them up.
Ryan Johnson

Breckenridge, CO

#6 Jun 14, 2008
Barely knew da dude but hung out wit him durin my early childhood days. RIP
brittany

Freedom, ME

#7 Jun 14, 2008
Kentwood Dave wrote:
Gang Related Big surprise Hey the Good Thing The Banger are all slowing killing eachother off...Cheaper than locking them up.
Your an idiot. Did you really write this and mean it? You should be the one shot.
tired of lawyers

Gallipolis, OH

#8 Jun 14, 2008
meme wrote:
what is our new police chief going to do about the shootings. This is a daily occurrence?
Sorry, but the police can do little to stop this without violating civil rights. This is more of a community issue and a values instilled in the home issue. Parents, neighborhoods, civic organizations, churches, etc need to step up to the plate and give these kids an example of how to behave.

A police can lock up a criminal after a crime, but a mentor can prevent a kid from becoming a criminal in the first place.
lyn

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2008
why was a 17 year old out after 2 am? is there not a curfue in grand rapids? he was this and he was that, well then why didn't his parents keep better tabs on him. i knew where my 17 year old was at all times, that was my duty as a parent. and i am proud to say my son didn't want to be out in the middle of the night just for the fact of potential violence.
sammy

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Jun 14, 2008
Kentwood Dave wrote:
I agree. You are right on. These gang bangers need to be stopped. This fool should have been smart enough to stay home. Cmon people. Think. The one idiot called for back up? If these 2 were so smart they should have called the police. No big loss.
nah

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Jun 14, 2008
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. You are right on. These gang bangers need to be stopped. This fool should have been smart enough to stay home. Cmon people. Think. The one idiot called for back up? If these 2 were so smart they should have called the police. No big loss.
They aren't going to call the police when they are doing something illeagle.
spence

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Jun 14, 2008
lyn
Grand Rapids, MI Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#9 3 hrs ago
why was a 17 year old out after 2 am? is there not a curfue in grand rapids? he was this and he was that, well then why didn't his parents keep better tabs on him. i knew where my 17 year old was at all times, that was my duty as a parent. and i am proud to say my son didn't want to be out in the middle of the night just for the fact of potential violence.

ok u didnt even no him so yea dont say all this stuff cause he was really cool and was just helpin a friend
jay

Reedsville, WI

#13 Jun 14, 2008
He was at the wrong place at the wrong time.If you people dont have nothing nice to say dont say it at all. There are meny people hurting right now. You dont know half of the story so shut up. gang banging will never stop. and after this shooting it is only going to get worse. alot of people respected him and loved him. He was there for his boys till the day that he died. the neighbors should have called the cops. People cant fight with their hands anymore they need knifes and guns.yeah its bull but its they way it is now. and its not going to be a bad summer so be prepaired.
Buckboy

Flushing, MI

#14 Jun 14, 2008
jay wrote:
He was at the wrong place at the wrong time.If you people dont have nothing nice to say dont say it at all. There are meny people hurting right now. You dont know half of the story so shut up. gang banging will never stop. and after this shooting it is only going to get worse. alot of people respected him and loved him. He was there for his boys till the day that he died. the neighbors should have called the cops. People cant fight with their hands anymore they need knifes and guns.yeah its bull but its they way it is now. and its not going to be a bad summer so be prepaired.
I'm very sorry for your loss, but he shouldn't have "been there for his boys", he should've been home for his kid! This is not dying a hero.

Since: Jun 08

Wyoming, MI

#15 Jun 14, 2008
brittany wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot. Did you really write this and mean it? You should be the one shot.
I ment it 100% i have absolutly no sympathy Everyone Has a Choice un life do the right or wrong thing...These people Drag our Community Down And Most ppl are Sick an Tired.
Political BS

Middleville, MI

#17 Jun 15, 2008
meme wrote:
Yeah....that's it...lets blame the cops....typical....I'm sorry for the loss of life...but the young man made the choice to intervene....there are consequences for every decision we make. This one had the ultimate consequence....and his family is mourning because of it. Sad really.....It was gang related...is that what I heard??? Wow....killing someone because if a stupid gang issue.....unreal
Grand Rapids Guy

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2008
You know im not in gangs and i knew Jordan but i only knew very very little about him....I went to school with him at omega and horizons......even tho i knew little about him and i did know he was in gang....i still respected the guy...he stood up for himself and his friends....Jordan you'll be missed....im still speachless about all this....I respect you and like i said before....i didnt know u that much but I Respect you 100%
PRIVATE

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jun 15, 2008
Where are the parents? My children are that age and I would woop 'em if they were out that late! Also, that is not the safest neighborhood. Parents, get control of your kids!!!!
Leo

AOL

#20 Jun 15, 2008
17 and already been shot TWICE???? Oh well...he got what was coming to him I guess...at least they didn't kill some INNOCENT person.
Kaiti

Littleton, CO

#21 Jun 16, 2008
Are some of you seriously reading what you have written before you click post? Jordan's parents just lost their child! As if they aren't filled with remorse and guilt as it is, leave it to some overly adamant people to place the blame where it need not be. There's a time and a place where some opinions should be kept tactfully silent. Is it your right to post and share? Absolutely, but please have some respect.

I love you Jordan! We'll meet again someday.
Kaiti

Littleton, CO

#22 Jun 16, 2008
Leo wrote:
17 and already been shot TWICE???? Oh well...he got what was coming to him I guess...at least they didn't kill some INNOCENT person.
What, if you don't mind me asking, makes him so "guilty"? Let me ask you: if you or your child were killed the second time you had been in something such as a car wreck, would it be fair to say, "you had it coming to you" simply because you chose the potentially dangerous activity of driving and had this misfortune fall upon you more than once? I'd like you to imagine what your friends and family would say if someone ever said something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed WMNewsFan 3,064
Memory of and fentanyl Oct 17 coco4u 1
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Oct 15 Marlene K 56
Mexican people think they own everything. Tru... Oct 15 Marlene K 7
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Oct 15 Marlene K 100
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Oct 8 Whoremonger 5
Enroll Now - If Anyone Would Like To Help! Oct 8 Guest 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages