Man owes big for child support for 14

Man owes big for child support for 14

There are 162 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 11, 2009, titled Man owes big for child support for 14. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 42-year-old man who authorities say fathered 14 children with 13 different women in Genesee County and owes more than $530,000 in child support has been jailed for dodging payments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
GR Metro Resident

Caledonia, MI

#1 Apr 11, 2009
How does someone like this obtain $5000 in cash, legally?
Amanda

United States

#2 Apr 11, 2009
GR Metro Resident wrote:
How does someone like this obtain $5000 in cash, legally?
Not only that, but I highly doubt that he was going to pay it towards child support if he's unemployed and hasn't made a payment in 6 years.

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#3 Apr 11, 2009
14 kids with 13 different women?
wholy crap!
And, he's unemployed, with $5,000 in cash on him?
I bet he was on his way to pay off some of that child support with all that money.

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#4 Apr 11, 2009
I must be on the wrong unemployment program!
OleWhatsHerName

Clawson, MI

#5 Apr 11, 2009
If he wasn't married to the mothers', then he either said he was the daddy on the birth certificate or it was proven in a paternity case. Stop complaining and start paying. You don't get a child support case against you for "no reason".
Grant

Owosso, MI

#6 Apr 11, 2009
What a chump this dude is!! Simple solution, run DNA test on this dork/children followed by pre castration counseling sessions, followed by......
mary

Syracuse, NY

#7 Apr 11, 2009
and they put my son in jail for one day for being behind 300rd
Bryan

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2009
my question is how many of them woman knew he had other kids he was not taking care of and they where stupid enough to lay down with no protection . i payed child support for 18 yrs i do not feel sorry for him at all i do feel sorry for the kids who probably don't even get to see they're dad because he is a lowlife. lock him up because i am sure he will never pay the money .
unemployed

Lyons, IL

#10 Apr 11, 2009
Don't even get me going on the child support!!! I've been paying for 17 years, she graduates this May and I'm done... I've paid $150 a week for 17 years... Plus the child rarely sees me... Ah, what good times...
Father

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Apr 11, 2009
Man i cant stand being $20 behind let alone $530,000!!!
Hotelgal

San Antonio, TX

#12 Apr 11, 2009
Sounds to me like he should go ahead and pay for DNA tests on the children he don't think are his. I would have done that right from the get go.
grmom

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Apr 11, 2009
That money he had was from working under the table and he was living off it, and never intended for any kids or mothers.I say since most of those kids are on welfare we lock him up for good,because he will never or be able to pay that kind of money.And for gods sakes castrate him,and now men are having babies they will be making them in the big house.OH GOV.GRAN will just let him go we don't have the money to house him.
Bang Bang

United States

#14 Apr 11, 2009
ship him to ottawa county , the officers will cure his problems lol
someoneUfear

Loveland, CO

#15 Apr 11, 2009
i wonder what race he is?
wishIwasAPayee

United States

#16 Apr 11, 2009
Shouldnt there just be a flat child support rate according to the age of the child and what it takes to support in the raising of the child at that age. It seems like some kids have it better than others, dont all kids cost the same to raise depending on their age. I really think there needs to be some serious child support reform. First, to treat every dead beat the same (Harshly), second, to get every dead beat to pay. Third, set flat rates on support according to ages not incomes. The michigan support formula as it is currently does nothing but punish non custodial parents for their success, Just for having a kid. The more succesful you are, the more you get punished. Dont get me wrong I believe every one should have to support their children financially, But also remember that the non custodial parent has to financially survive as well.
lol

Hudsonville, MI

#17 Apr 11, 2009
Sounds like typical Detroit. It's a city full of kids with no daddy.
MAD MAN

Canton, MI

#18 Apr 11, 2009
Always the MAN. What about the Woman? Lets do a story on Dead Beat MOMS! Call me I have one you can do a story on. She is a deadbeat.
give us a break

Hudsonville, MI

#19 Apr 11, 2009
someoneUfear wrote:
i wonder what race he is?
you really have to ask??
Mom in Jenison

Westminster, CO

#20 Apr 11, 2009
MAD MAN wrote:
Always the MAN. What about the Woman? Lets do a story on Dead Beat MOMS! Call me I have one you can do a story on. She is a deadbeat.
Agree - we usually only get child support after she gets a letter threatening to throw her in jail for not paying. Personally, I would be more than willing to forgo the support if she would agree to leave the poor child alone and let me adopt him - she's just so horrible to him!
LOL_2

Pueblo, CO

#21 Apr 11, 2009
Sounds like John Keith of Cedar Springs, MI A truck driver who has only three girls, biologically, and has never paid a dime! I think that these kinds of guys who don't own up to their responsibilities should be castrated to save me some tax money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 1 hr Grim Reaper 3,123
Woman charged with raping dog Dec 5 Oracle 1
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Nov 29 Kelly Joanne Cannon 485
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
boycott alabama now (Dec '08) Nov 26 Sattva Virginius 291
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Nov 26 Coachman47 1,192
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) Nov 21 District 1 400

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages