Obama blames GOP for failure of Jobs Bill

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 11, 2011
Good Day,

Umm, does he realize two things... A: Democrats have the majority, so Democrats defected. B: And, his bill isn't dead yet as Harry Reid voted no in a parlimentary maneuver in order to be able to bring the bill up for a vote in the future. Sorry "O", wrong again.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politics/obama_b...

Regarding Harry...

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/News...

"The vote was 50-49, with Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid voting ďno,Ē thereby allowing himself to bring the measure up later. Two Democrats, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Jon Tester of Montana, joined Republicans to block the bill. Sixty votes were needed to open debate on the bill."

Ohhh...

Steelie

to be announced

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2011
I knew it would be blamed on the GOP even though, it was halted in the Senate. I think it's probably Bush's fault
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Oct 12, 2011
There are 57 Democratic Senators. To pass the the Bill you need 60. Must be because of the Republicans because no of them voted for it...

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Freedom wrote:
Must be because of the Republicans because no of them voted for it...
Great English!!
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Great English!!
Great common sense!!!
Another Middle Classer

East Lansing, MI

#6 Oct 12, 2011
Seems as if folks can't see that it is the GOP's fault, not even a little curious that not ONE voted for it, give me a break.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Great common sense!!!
What, pointing out that you're grammar is on par with a second grader? You're right! That is great common sense!
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Oct 12, 2011
Are you insinuating that because I spelled something wrong that I donít know what I am talking about? If that is all you have to try to dispel a thought you better do better. I have made my point to many others and they have gotten it. Not spell checkers.
to be announced

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2011
Freedom wrote:
There are 57 Democratic Senators. To pass the the Bill you need 60. Must be because of the Republicans because no of them voted for it...
wow if no of em votd it must be bad.
B Goat

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 12, 2011
to be announced wrote:
<quoted text>wow if no of em votd it must be bad.
tba great post !! Lol !!
watutalkinboutwi llis

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2011
None of the republicans voted for it because it had nothing in it for the poor rich people who are struggling to get by in this economy. Most Americans were for the bill, just another thing for the voters to remember come Nov 2012.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#12 Oct 12, 2011
Another Middle Classer wrote:
Seems as if folks can't see that it is the GOP's fault, not even a little curious that not ONE voted for it, give me a break.
Actually I find it curious that our of 57 Democrat Senators, only 50 of them voted for it. And one of the no votes was Harry Reid himself.

Is that the republicans fault as well?

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#13 Oct 12, 2011
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_ra... Biden says $5 million for cops $25 million for schools why is it going to cost $450 billion? Sounds like more of the same ol spend your way out of debt...

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#14 Oct 12, 2011
watutalkinboutwillis wrote:
None of the republicans voted for it because it had nothing in it for the poor rich people who are struggling to get by in this economy. Most Americans were for the bill, just another thing for the voters to remember come Nov 2012.
Please post proof of this 'most Americans were for the bill'. Most Americans don't even know everything that's actually IN the bill and we are a bit leery of 'we have to pass it so you can see what's in it' way of things.

“Trying Hard”

Since: Oct 08

Hudsonville

#15 Oct 12, 2011
So is my memory of high school civics becoming faded? Aren't spending bills supposed to originate in the house and not the senate? I don't recall the house passing this but heck I've been wrong before.
pacman

Grandville, MI

#16 Oct 12, 2011
Freedom wrote:
Are you insinuating that because I spelled something wrong that I donít know what I am talking about? If that is all you have to try to dispel a thought you better do better. I have made my point to many others and they have gotten it. Not spell checkers.
Product of a inner-city public school system? Your grammar would suggest such a notion.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#17 Oct 12, 2011
Hudsonville Friend wrote:
So is my memory of high school civics becoming faded? Aren't spending bills supposed to originate in the house and not the senate? I don't recall the house passing this but heck I've been wrong before.
Actually it started with the President and then to the senate... hasn't been to the house yet...

You mean there is an order to these things? The President can't just do what he wants?! ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 17 min Idea Maker 16
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 1 hr Who 46
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr Buffalo Bull 1,476
sony balony 8 hr Mr Wiggley 2
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 16 hr tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program 17 hr COP OUTREACH 1
The curse of success - america 23 hr Idea Maker 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance