Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

ohwsseug wrote:
sure a faux poll. repukes are claiming to be independants then say they lean republican to screw up the polls. republicans are good at effing things up.
Please read the poll info and tell us where Fox news jack-up the poll?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

People must watch Fux faithfully, due to it's accuracy......I was actually looking for all that unbiased information about President Obama's trip to India....the one they reported, along with Michelle Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh, that he would be using 40 airplanes and spending $200 million a day....Glen Beck added that he would be using 334 US Navy ships, for the trip....who can ever forget, all that state of the art, reporting......fair and balanced, indeed....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
People must watch Fux faithfully, due to it's accuracy......I was actually looking for all that unbiased information about President Obama's trip to India....the one they reported, along with Michelle Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh, that he would be using 40 airplanes and spending $200 million a day....Glen Beck added that he would be using 334 US Navy ships, for the trip....who can ever forget, all that state of the art, reporting......fair and balanced, indeed....
Good Day,

That story started with the Press Trust of India. If I recall, FOX did (eventually) debunk these numbers.

Steelie
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Living Large2 wrote:
I think the Repubs could put Lassie up against the progressives and win.
As it turns out...... The Repubs couldn't have done worse!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
That story started with the Press Trust of India. If I recall, FOX did (eventually) debunk these numbers.
Steelie
Steelie, the problem is their method of operation....28 days of lying, followed by a 40 second debunk...the real problem, is advertising themselves as, fair and balanced...they debunk that hourly....
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Steelie, the problem is their method of operation....28 days of lying, followed by a 40 second debunk...the real problem, is advertising themselves as, fair and balanced...they debunk that hourly....
Ok Jason, if they do it hourly than you must have a lot of examples. Give us a list of examples and proof (not propaganda) that they are lies. We are all waiting for this. This should be very easy for you since you say it is so often.
worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Didn't fox news say that with their polling, Romney was going to win by a land slide. When will you people quit listening to crap?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Steelie, the problem is their method of operation....28 days of lying, followed by a 40 second debunk...the real problem, is advertising themselves as, fair and balanced...they debunk that hourly....
Good Day,

First of all - FNC consistantly ranks #1 in the ratings which may be an indication that more people trust their reporting vs. the other news outlets.

How many times has MSNBC been duped?

Steelie
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

The same FAUX News that was the only "news" outlet that repeatedly promoted propaganda that Romney would win by landslide with 330+ electoral votes.

And Foxtards wonder why they still get laughed at.

The only difference between the WWE and FAUX News is that FAUX fans don't realize what they are watching if phony BS for ratings.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

worker wrote:
Didn't fox news say that with their polling, Romney was going to win by a land slide. When will you people quit listening to crap?
No, Dick Morris said that and was repeatedly questioned about it. As I recall FOX news personalities repeatedly said it was going to be a close election. Boy you guys really suck or your just full of $hit!! I'll help you out with the first lie. "Fast and furious was a botched operation". No, it went exactly the way the operation was planned to go. FBI agents told gun dealers to sell the guns to the suspicious customers that would then take the guns across the border. FBI agents were ordered not to follow. Mexican authorities knew nothing of the operation. When people died by those guns and the Mexican authorities would find them they would report it to the US authorities. The operation was meant to see if the guns indeed went to Mexican drug gangs. A terrible operation but was not botched at all, it went exactly the way it was planned to go. Ok I got number one. You guys take it from here.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>Good Day,

First of all - FNC consistantly ranks #1 in the ratings which may be an indication that more people trust their reporting vs. the other news outlets.

Steelie
Correct!!! Don't stop at MSNBC although they made some big ones. Mr thrill up his leg really needs some medication or something. He's happy hurricane Sandy hit because that boosted Obama, "everybody knows Benghazi was about a tape" about three weeks after it happened. Was it MSNBC that edited the 911 tapes in the Trevor Martin case or CNN? I don't remember. They all make mistakes.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
The same FAUX News that was the only "news" outlet that repeatedly promoted propaganda that Romney would win by landslide with 330+ electoral votes.

And Foxtards wonder why they still get laughed at.

The only difference between the WWE and FAUX News is that FAUX fans don't realize what they are watching if phony BS for ratings.
Must be part parrot or something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
Steelie
Steelie, i think that if you actually look totally at ratings, that Modern Family and Honey Boo Boo, both get higher ratings....and if your just talkng about cable news(he said, uneasily), well as i have said before, Fox is free on the most basic cable packages, nationwide.....My opinion is, they are truly number one, in many categorys.....But that India trip was classic....$200 million a day, 40 airplanes, 334 Navy ships....that is truly hard to forget....
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Steelie, i think that if you actually look totally at ratings, that Modern Family and Honey Boo Boo, both get higher ratings....and if your just talkng about cable news(he said, uneasily), well as i have said before, Fox is free on the most basic cable packages, nationwide.....My opinion is, they are truly number one, in many categorys.....But that India trip was classic....$200 million a day, 40 airplanes, 334 Navy ships....that is truly hard to forget....
You must be saying FOX started this lie. I never heard FOX report it so they could not of made that big of a deal about it. Regardless, FOX did not make this up as you would like to make people believe.

Q: Is President Obama’s trip to India going to cost $200 million per day?

A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

If they did as you say report it FOX also was not alone in reporting it:
Washington Times, Economic Times, The Daily Mail, Nov. 3 on CNN’s "Anderson Cooper 360.
On Nov. 4, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell called the story "absolutely absurd," because it had claimed that the U.S. Navy was sending 34 warships to the coast off Mumbai as part of the president’s visit:

Morrell, Nov. 4: I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd this notion that somehow we were deploying 10 percent of the Navy — some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier — in support of the president’s trip to Asia.… That’s just comical. Nothing close to that is being done.

ABC News reported that 34 ships would actually amount to nearly 12 percent of the 288 in the Navy’s fleet, not 10 percent.

Later the same day, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said during his regular press briefing that the $200 million per day estimate is incorrect.

Gibbs, Nov 4: Well, we have set the record straight with you guys. I’m not going to go into how much it costs to protect the president. Costs are comparable to when President Clinton and when President Bush traveled abroad.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

FYI: So how much did those trips cost? In the case of some Clinton trips, we have figures from a 1999 report by the U.S. General Accounting Office — now called the Government Accountability Office. The GAO said that Clinton’s trips to Africa, Chile and China in 1998 cost at least $42.8 million,$10.5 million and $18.8 million, respectively — not counting the still-classified cost of providing Secret Service protection.

In Africa, Clinton was accompanied by about 1,300 individuals — not including members of the Secret Service — representing the White House, the Department of Defense and other federal agencies. The president visited six countries in 12 days, which means the trip cost $3.6 million per day.

Clinton made the five-day Chile trip in order to attend the second Summit of the Americas — a meeting of 34 heads of state or governments from countries in the Americas — and to hold meetings with the president of Chile. About 600 individuals accompanied the president on the trip, which we calculated would have cost $2.1 million per day.

When Clinton visited China to conduct talks with the president of China, he brought along about 500 individuals. The trip lasted nine days, which works out to a little less than $2.1 million per day.

The total cost including Secret Service protection would of course be somewhat higher, but even doubling or tripling those figures and adding in an adjustment for inflation would not produce anything close to the figure given by the Indian news article for Obama’s trip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Steelie, i think that if you actually look totally at ratings, that Modern Family and Honey Boo Boo, both get higher ratings....and if your just talkng about cable news(he said, uneasily), well as i have said before, Fox is free on the most basic cable packages, nationwide.....My opinion is, they are truly number one, in many categorys.....But that India trip was classic....$200 million a day, 40 airplanes, 334 Navy ships....that is truly hard to forget....
Good Day,

Hey Blue! As far as ratings... Yes, I am refering to ratings among the various news networks. CNN is pretty much free too. And if they were not broadcast overseas...

Secondly, the fact that a show like Honey Boo Boo ranks that much higher is a clear indicator of, frankly, how our nation is faring - going downhill.

Steelie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day,
Hey Blue! As far as ratings... Yes, I am refering to ratings among the various news networks. CNN is pretty much free too. And if they were not broadcast overseas...
Secondly, the fact that a show like Honey Boo Boo ranks that much higher is a clear indicator of, frankly, how our nation is faring - going downhill.
Steelie
Tell you something, you will likely understand....i have been in some remote corners of the world....You know, places where you really know, we aren't in Kansas anymore...lol...Anyway, when i am really tired of overseas, usually about 2-3 weeks...i tend to play CNN on my room TV, continually, just because it seem's a bit like home....lol... frankly, i have never seen Fox news on foreign tellevision....i have heard, Canada has banned them....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be saying FOX started this lie. I never heard FOX report it so they could not of made that big of a deal about it. Regardless, FOX did not make this up as you would like to make people believe.
Q: Is President Obama’s trip to India going to cost $200 million per day?
A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.
If they did as you say report it FOX also was not alone in reporting it:
Washington Times, Economic Times, The Daily Mail, Nov. 3 on CNN’s "Anderson Cooper 360.
On Nov. 4, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell called the story "absolutely absurd," because it had claimed that the U.S. Navy was sending 34 warships to the coast off Mumbai as part of the president’s visit:
Morrell, Nov. 4: I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd this notion that somehow we were deploying 10 percent of the Navy — some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier — in support of the president’s trip to Asia.… That’s just comical. Nothing close to that is being done.
ABC News reported that 34 ships would actually amount to nearly 12 percent of the 288 in the Navy’s fleet, not 10 percent.
Later the same day, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said during his regular press briefing that the $200 million per day estimate is incorrect.
Gibbs, Nov 4: Well, we have set the record straight with you guys. I’m not going to go into how much it costs to protect the president. Costs are comparable to when President Clinton and when President Bush traveled abroad.
If you are truly serious about finding out the actual exagerated claims....check out Michelle Bachmann, Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh....i realize the source in India, and that does not excuse them, at all.....
pants on fire

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you something, you will likely understand....i have been in some remote corners of the world....You know, places where you really know, we aren't in Kansas anymore...lol...Anyway, when i am really tired of overseas, usually about 2-3 weeks...i tend to play CNN on my room TV, continually, just because it seem's a bit like home....lol... frankly, i have never seen Fox news on foreign tellevision....i have heard, Canada has banned them....
hmmmmm.... guess you really can't "trust" what you've heard..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxca...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

pants on fire wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmmm.... guess you really can't "trust" what you've heard..
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxca...
Guess not, thanks....i was thinking with all the cable and satellite tlevision, it would be kinda hard to enforce....tho, i did hear that somewhere...like an urban legnd...lol...Wonder if many republican's think Fox is a positive influence on their party, or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of95
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Kent County was issued at July 21 at 1:51PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search