Most ridiculous religious cult in the...

Most ridiculous religious cult in the USA

Created by Democratic Party on Mar 11, 2009

262 votes

Click on an option to vote

Scientology

global warming hoax believers

Church of Obama

Left-wing news media

Oprah & her followers

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
hmmm

Breckenridge, CO

#1 Mar 11, 2009
Can I vote CRC?! I've never met such nutty, judgmental, insulated religious people until I moved to West Michigan!
John M

Rockford, MI

#2 Mar 11, 2009
As an Irish Protestant, I'll say the Catholics. LOL!
Rich S

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2009
I know , I know. It's the Republican's and the G.O.P..
ok, what did I win?? I mean if its a republican thing, money isn't too far away. Not theirs, ours!

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#4 Mar 12, 2009
I'm voting for the Scientologists. A "religion" created by a science fiction writer?!?

W T F?

“Really? I mean, REAAALLLYY???”

Since: Nov 08

Beaverton, MI

#5 Mar 12, 2009
No all of the above option?
Ryan

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2009
little-me wrote:
I'm voting for the Scientologists. A "religion" created by a science fiction writer?!?
W T F?
I agree. The guy came out and said he made it up for a tax break. It's just a rich country club for self indulgent people to hang out in. The millionaire's tree house.
GrThomas

Denver, CO

#7 Mar 12, 2009
I vote for the Kool-Aid drinking followers of the GOP and their leader, fat man Rush

“I Draw Pictures All Day”

Location hidden

#8 Mar 12, 2009
I vote for the reality-TV worshipping sect. There's a cult of garbage I'd like to see dumped.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 12, 2009
I have got to go with Mormons and their secret planet God lives on. Talk about a Cult. These people make the CRC people seem almost normal.

Beaverton, MI

#10 Mar 12, 2009
GrThomas wrote:
I vote for the Kool-Aid drinking followers of the GOP and their leader, fat man Rush
Rush isn't my leader. He's a windbag fat slob with a huge ego.

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Mar 12, 2009
Nation of Islam

“Russian ties?”

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#12 Mar 12, 2009
what planet do the Obama worshipers live on?
these people are freakin NUTS!

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Whuteva wrote:
I have got to go with Mormons and their secret planet God lives on. Talk about a Cult. These people make the CRC people seem almost normal.
LOL, That was my vote too. The Mormon's. They are waaaaaay out there but they are very secretive about their beliefs. Next would be the Scientology people, which seems to be about half of Hollywood now.

I was raised CRC, so now I considered myself a "Recovering" CRC'er (I don't think you are every full cured LOL). And yes, some of the belief's and ways of the old CRC church were very cult like. The split between the CRC's and the Orthodox Reformed's tended to clean that up a bit though. The Orthodox Reformed's are pretty much cult like even today.
Joann

Kalamazoo, MI

#14 Mar 12, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, That was my vote too. The Mormon's. They are waaaaaay out there but they are very secretive about their beliefs. Next would be the Scientology people, which seems to be about half of Hollywood now.
I was raised CRC, so now I considered myself a "Recovering" CRC'er (I don't think you are every full cured LOL). And yes, some of the belief's and ways of the old CRC church were very cult like. The split between the CRC's and the Orthodox Reformed's tended to clean that up a bit though. The Orthodox Reformed's are pretty much cult like even today.
I am also a "recovering" CRC'er (well, RCA'er, but there isn't much difference). Maybe we should form a support group.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 12, 2009
I forgot about the FOX News cult they may even have the Mormons and Scientologists beat.

Millions of beady little eyes staring aimlessly and blindly at their TVs, drool dripping off their bottom lip, repeatedly mumbling the daily schedule over and over to themselves like Dustin Hoffman's character in 'Rainman'.

“Why so serious?”

Since: Aug 08

Littleton, CO

#16 Mar 12, 2009
I don't know what the most ridiculous religious cult in the USA is. I haven't started it yet. As soon as I do, I'll be looking for recruits in a neighborhood near you.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 12, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, That was my vote too. The Mormon's. They are waaaaaay out there but they are very secretive about their beliefs. Next would be the Scientology people, which seems to be about half of Hollywood now.
Yeah, I was raised Catholic which is really just a whacked out cult within itself too. I am also half Jewish and have a little more respect for that cult, but probably only because I am not as familiar with it as I am my Catholic side.

Beaverton, MI

#18 Mar 12, 2009
Whuteva wrote:
I forgot about the FOX News cult they may even have the Mormons and Scientologists beat.
Millions of beady little eyes staring aimlessly and blindly at their TVs, drool dripping off their bottom lip, repeatedly mumbling the daily schedule over and over to themselves like Dustin Hoffman's character in 'Rainman'.
I've got to get my news from Fox. Definately.

Definately gotta get my news from Fox. Yeah. Every night. Fox News. Definately. Definately Fox News.

Beaverton, MI

#19 Mar 12, 2009
Doh! I can't believe I spelled DEFINITELY wrong, 4 TIMES!

Beaverton, MI

#20 Mar 12, 2009
Morris E Smith wrote:
I don't know what the most ridiculous religious cult in the USA is. I haven't started it yet. As soon as I do, I'll be looking for recruits in a neighborhood near you.
Will it be as ridiculous as Neko's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 1 hr Hutch 3,071
Memory of and fentanyl Oct 17 coco4u 1
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Oct 15 Marlene K 56
Mexican people think they own everything. Tru... Oct 15 Marlene K 7
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Oct 15 Marlene K 100
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Oct 8 Whoremonger 5
Enroll Now - If Anyone Would Like To Help! Oct 8 Guest 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages