First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Really? I mean, REAAALLLYY???”

Since: Nov 08

Middleville, MI

#1 Sep 13, 2011
Mine is Molson Canadian. Bud Light with Lime is pretty good, too.
Huh

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Hanging CHAD wrote:
Mine is Molson Canadian. Bud Light with Lime is pretty good, too.
Did you get it in the can? LOL Just kidding. I like beer that is cold and the kind that comes in bottles, cans or on tap. I like beer Sam I am.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#3 Sep 13, 2011
My latest like is BadAss American Lager... but I do like a good Oberon in the summer...

Waiting (im)patiently for Ickabod to come out from New Holland...

“Trying Hard”

Since: Oct 08

Hudsonville

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Hacker-Pschorr Weisse

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Sep 14, 2011
Slightly chilled Root Beer.

Middleville, MI

#6 Sep 14, 2011
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get it in the can? LOL Just kidding. I like beer that is cold and the kind that comes in bottles, cans or on tap. I like beer Sam I am.
I don't like beer in the can that much. It just doesn't taste the same. I like my beer right out of the bottle. Tap is better yet, but I'm more of a drinking beer at home kinda guy...

“Hooray for summer!”

Somewhere up north

#7 Sep 14, 2011
neecer wrote:
My latest like is BadAss American Lager... but I do like a good Oberon in the summer...
Waiting (im)patiently for Ickabod to come out from New Holland...
Ichabod is out! I got a 6 pack from Meijer this past week. I haven't tried it yet, but it is always one of those beers that signals autumn for me.

“Hooray for summer!”

Somewhere up north

#8 Sep 14, 2011
Is anyone else into IPAs here? Craft beers? We are sure lucky in this area to be surrounded by several local breweries. Wineries too if that is your thing.

For the past several months I have been sampling the N/A fare...and it's not great. O'Douls and Sharps have a sweet taste I dislike. The best I found was Busch n/a...sad.:-)
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#9 Sep 14, 2011
My favorite beer is the one that someone else buys.

As far as canned beer. After about 30 or so they start to taste "tinny".

Middleville, MI

#10 Sep 14, 2011
Old Rocker wrote:
After 30 beers, everything tastes tinny... LOL
Dominic

Grand Blanc, MI

#11 Sep 14, 2011
"Oberon" is like apple cider, and some of this "Bell's Pells" or whatever the hell it's called is also like apple juice, it's for little girls, and it should be drunk from a juice box.

I prefer real beer and not all this trendy "micro-brew" apple cider crap.

Middleville, MI

#12 Sep 14, 2011
Samuel Adam's Chocolate Bock is really good, too.

“Hooray for summer!”

Somewhere up north

#13 Sep 14, 2011
Dominic wrote:
"Oberon" is like apple cider, and some of this "Bell's Pells" or whatever the hell it's called is also like apple juice, it's for little girls, and it should be drunk from a juice box.
I prefer real beer and not all this trendy "micro-brew" apple cider crap.
I'm not a fan of Oberon either. Not sure where you are picking up apple cider flavors though...so are you a hop head? Or do you prefer macro-brewed Budweiser?
Dominic

Holland, MI

#14 Sep 14, 2011
strong woman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a fan of Oberon either. Not sure where you are picking up apple cider flavors though...so are you a hop head? Or do you prefer macro-brewed Budweiser?
Well the apple cider thing I am not sure about either, but I can think of no other way to describe it. It just tastes like juice or something really weird, definitely not beer. I think it's WEAK. I like Molson Canadian or Labatt's, Bud is fine too. Some European beers are pretty good too, but Guinness is too dark for my tastes, I suppose it's an acquired taste. But I can't stand those orange-looking micro-brews - flavored water or juice.

Middleville, MI

#15 Sep 14, 2011
I'm not much of a fan of bitter beers or most ales. Plain old Budweiser is pretty disgusting to me, too. Labatt's Blue is a pretty good beer. I also like Heineken and Corona.
SOS in Rockford

Palatine, IL

#16 Sep 14, 2011
Old Rocker wrote:
I'm with you. But there is a beer named Fat Tire that is really good when someone buys it. Have had it in Arizona, can't find it in Michigan.

“Hooray for summer!”

Somewhere up north

#17 Sep 14, 2011
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the apple cider thing I am not sure about either, but I can think of no other way to describe it. It just tastes like juice or something really weird, definitely not beer. I think it's WEAK. I like Molson Canadian or Labatt's, Bud is fine too. Some European beers are pretty good too, but Guinness is too dark for my tastes, I suppose it's an acquired taste. But I can't stand those orange-looking micro-brews - flavored water or juice.
Lol. I think that Molson, Labatt's and Bud are all flavored water.

“Hooray for summer!”

Somewhere up north

#18 Sep 14, 2011
SOS in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you. But there is a beer named Fat Tire that is really good when someone buys it. Have had it in Arizona, can't find it in Michigan.
I recently heard a rumor that New Belgium (who makes Fat Tire) may be looking to distribute in MI soon.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#19 Sep 14, 2011
strong woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ichabod is out! I got a 6 pack from Meijer this past week. I haven't tried it yet, but it is always one of those beers that signals autumn for me.
wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo ooooo!!!!!! Guess I'll have to get some!!

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#20 Sep 14, 2011
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like skanky beers? I can almost tolerate Molson, Labatt's.. hmm no. Bud? blech.. that taste skanky the minute you open it, don't care what the 'born on date' says.

Guinness is a acquired taste.. one that I require on a regular basis.. LOL! And Guinness is really good for cooking too... hmmmm.. might have to get the stuff to make Guinness beef stew...

Oberon I only like in the summer, and it has to be ice cold. I don't like Blue Moon at all... But I have to say, for a liquor gal... I prefer micro-brews over the mass product any day of the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4-year-old boya s family asks driver who hit th... 5 hr Oneal 3
And Yet Another Moonbat Insults Our Soldiers 6 hr Oneal 10
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr Dina 982
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr Buffalo Bull 1,562
Treacherous roads, frozen pipes, and record war... 10 hr Sneaky Pete 2
Selma' is an important teaching tool 13 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet Sun markymark4343 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST