Developing Story: Large Grass Fire Bu...

Developing Story: Large Grass Fire Burning in Muskegon

There are 13 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 25, 2008, titled Developing Story: Large Grass Fire Burning in Muskegon. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Firefighters in the city of Muskegon are trying to get control of a massive grass fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Kate

United States

#1 May 25, 2008
After reading this I got into my car and went over to see it. It was behind the Sunrise Memorial cemetary. It looked like the fire was out, I could see where it looked burnt, but thankfully it looked to be out!

“Just be you. ”

Since: May 08

Muskegon,MI

#2 May 25, 2008
We live near this area and saw the trucks go by...hopefully it is out. It is so dry out that any little 'spark' will start a fire.....I just hope that this was not due to someone being careless.

“Pets-at-Play”

Since: Apr 08

Grand Haven

#3 May 25, 2008
hope all you smokers see this an put your cigs OUT in the ashtray not out the window!!!
Firefighters Wife

Encino, CA

#4 May 25, 2008
Be careful doing that! The more people that hear about a fire and hurry up to try and see... the more people that the firefighters have to look out for! Channel 13 will have a full view of exactly what you saw in real life... you just have to wait for the news.;) We want to keep the roads clear and the area safe! Stay home!
Kate wrote:
After reading this I got into my car and went over to see it. It was behind the Sunrise Memorial cemetary. It looked like the fire was out, I could see where it looked burnt, but thankfully it looked to be out!
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#5 May 25, 2008
I hope the fire is completely out, also, and hope that this fire was not due to carelessness.
Justice

Scarborough, ME

#6 May 26, 2008
ho0olly wrote:
hope all you smokers see this an put your cigs OUT in the ashtray not out the window!!!
Do you know how hard it is to start a fire with a cigarette? Try it sometime.
Muskegonite

United States

#7 May 26, 2008
Do you mean Business U.S. 31?
Patricia

South Haven, MI

#8 May 26, 2008
Justice...have you ever driven down the expressway during the summer and seen all the burned out patches??? How do you think those fires started??? Cigaretts!!! All they have to do is land on a dry patch of grass or leaves and poof you have a fire, ask a fireman they'll tell you!

“Pets-at-Play”

Since: Apr 08

Grand Haven

#9 May 26, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are ignorant !!
I lost my home because of one in the garbage 18 years ago ........
just in the news a few days ago an old man fell asleep with one tell that to all the old people in that apt that have no homes now 2 boys in robinson were playing with cigs are burned down the woods go talk to your local fire dept and tell them how hard it is to start a fire with a cig!!!
Mi is a rathole

Maricopa, AZ

#10 May 26, 2008
Burn down all of zMuskegon Heights and take out the turtle fence!

“Just be you. ”

Muskegon,MI

#11 May 26, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually VERY EASY. People lose their homes that way every year. And when the ground is as dry as it has been...a cigarette is all it takes sometimes.

“It's Good To Share Thoughts”

Greater Grand Rapids

#12 May 26, 2008
I finally got to see the turtle fence this weekend. It's pretty cool. That money was earmarked for protecting wildlife one way or another - so I thought it was a good idea and it looks as good as a "turtle fence" can look I guess. I threw a cigarette at it to see if would start on fire...just kidding. Glad they got the fire out and no one was badly hurt. Tons of respect to the firefighers - I know many volunteers and they rock.
Justice

Scarborough, ME

#14 Jun 3, 2008
JMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too hard. Seen it happen in front of my office.
I guess I'm going to have to actually get a login... thanks to whoever continues to impersonate me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr stewart scott 2,346
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Jake 2,399
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Jul 27 Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
News Ground broken on Consumers Leadership Center Jul 22 Who 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages