One dead, one charged after Arlington...

One dead, one charged after Arlington wreck

There are 25 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jan 31, 2009, titled One dead, one charged after Arlington wreck. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

One person was killed in a one-car accident early Saturday in Arlington. Kristen Lynn Martinez, 27, of Grand Prairie died at the scene when the car in which he was riding struck a utility pole in the 3400 block ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patricia Boyle

Opelousas, LA

#1 Feb 1, 2009
This is a real sad situation. Kristen is my cousin. Its sad because 2 young people loat their lives.
Patricia Boyle

Opelousas, LA

#2 Feb 1, 2009
We Love you Kristen. All Your cousins from Louisiana
who knows

Grand Prairie, TX

#3 Feb 1, 2009
this is from kristen family here in texas thanks for all the prayers we need them and kristen was a wonderful guy and he loved everyone...
Allison Rodgers

United States

#4 Feb 1, 2009
I remember when Kristen's mom Janell was pregnant with him. I watched him grow up until he was about 10 yrs old & seen him many times when I visited Texas. It is a horrible it know this has happened due to both drinking & Her driving. All my prayers are with his family.
ChrisLeanna Broom

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Feb 2, 2009
I didn't not know Kristen well, but my mother in law and father in law have attended his family church for over 20 years. Kristen's father married my husband and I two years ago. Kristen and his entire family was close to the Broom family!! Our prayers are with the entire family. God knows even when we don't and God will see the family through this time. This should be a HUGE wake up call to everyone out there that is considering getting behind the wheel assuming they are fine to drive.
steve

Mineral Wells, TX

#6 Feb 2, 2009
Patricia Boyle wrote:
This is a real sad situation. Kristen is my cousin. Its sad because 2 young people loat their lives.
I am so sorry for your loss-it is a horrible situation. I know in this time it is hard to have any anger towards anyone-your just trying to deal with your grief. Make a difference-and show these people responsible that HE did matter HIS life was worth so much. These bars that over-serve for their own benefit and the people who decide to drink and drive should be stopped. It's not being unforgiving it is standing up against the wrong and then I honestly believe these bars-and people would truly think twice before over-serving and over drinking and driving with a FRIEND in the car. YOUR cousin sounded like to me he was trying to ensure this girl would get to her destination safely-he sounded like a real gentlemen.
Amber Deering

New York, NY

#7 Feb 3, 2009
This is the exact reason you should not drink & drive but always wear your seatbelt. This man was a dear friend (more like family) to a close friend of mine and his family is devistated over this loss, this way. Please remember that you could be in their shoes or your family in their shoes right now, this day suffering from such a loss.
The Beavers EnnisTexas

Irving, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2009
I am very sorry to here Kristen passed away. Brother and Sister Martinez we love you and our prayers are with you. May God comfort you and wrap his arms around your family and the church family.
Allison Rodgers

United States

#9 Feb 3, 2009
Texas should adopt the law that Indiana & Illinois has.If a bartender over serves you & you get into an accident especially if somebody is killed, the bartender "IS ALSO" at fault.I know I was a bartender.If he had a seat belt on Kristen might be alive.Trista will be in prison as she should be, but she will live on unlike Kristen.Trista will have the gilt & never forget killing her boyfriend for life.A stupid mistake everyone has to live with thanks to there drinking & her driving.May she rot in prison!!!I'm very angry over this.God will make her pay dearly!!!
Amber Deering

Warren, NJ

#10 Feb 4, 2009
There is no way he would have lived through this wreck. It is estimated that she was going close to 100 mph and hit a utility pole so hard it broke in half. The motor was in his lap. If any of you would have seen the condition of the vehicle on the passesnger side you would know. I'm not saying that it is not importnant to wear a seat belt but, the facts are the facts. He died because of someone else recklessness. He was just trying to be a good friend to this woman and see that she made it home okay.
Gypsy

Dallas, TX

#11 Feb 4, 2009
Can someone tell me where it says they had been in a bar drinking. I realize the time was 2:20, but, I see no where in the article where they had left a bar. What bartender are you folks talking about?
julie

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 4, 2009
First off I want to say I'm sorry for everyones loss. Kristen will be dearly missed. Kristen was one of my brothers best friends. He was also my friend. He brightened everyone life and had a sense of humor that made him unique. When I think of him it always makes me smile. His parents are some of the sweetiest people I know. His mother has always had such a positive effect on my life. To me she is everything a woman should be. His father was the pastor of the church I went to. And I have always had the utmost respect for him. It's no wonder Kristen turned out to be a wonderful, respected man. I love his family and I pray for them everyday. I also pray for my brother to find peace. We miss you Kristen and you will never be forgotten.
ghernandez

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 5, 2009
ALLISON RODGERS - This is for you.. May God forgive you for passing judgement on Trista and anyone. But, Kristen wasn't her boyfriend! He was her friend. Have you ever done anyhting wrong? Considering how your talking you might not think so... I dont even know you but I know Trista and she made a huge mistake and she will pay for this for the rest of her life emotionally. You Mrs. Rodgers should keep your negative thoughts to yourself learn the facts then speak your mind. Im glad that your such a perfect person kuddos for you but we are all human and sinners OPEN THE GOOD BOOK >>READ IT! Trista is devastated about Kristen she would have never wanted this. Our prayers & thoughts to the Martinez fam. & WE LVE U TRISTA!!!!!!!!!!
Patricia Boyle

Opelousas, LA

#14 Feb 5, 2009
I am Kristens cousin. There has been no one in our family to pass judgement on Trista. Kristens parents are not like that. As my Aunt Janell stood at Kristens coffin she spoke softly and told Kristen that she had to forgive Trista. There has been two lives lost in this situation. My Aunt and my uncle will never be the same again, but God will see them through this and Trista we all know that you didn't do this on purpose. God knows your heart. May God bless you. To my aunt Janell and Uncle Donnie I want you to know I love yall very much . My heart aches for yall. May God let you rest in his arms when things are more than you can handle. I love Yall. WE will MISS YOU VERY MUCH KRISTEN> THANKS FOR BEING THE LOVING SON YOU WERE TO YOUR PARENTS.
Patricia Boyle

Opelousas, LA

#15 Feb 5, 2009
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss-it is a horrible situation. I know in this time it is hard to have any anger towards anyone-your just trying to deal with your grief. Make a difference-and show these people responsible that HE did matter HIS life was worth so much. These bars that over-serve for their own benefit and the people who decide to drink and drive should be stopped. It's not being unforgiving it is standing up against the wrong and then I honestly believe these bars-and people would truly think twice before over-serving and over drinking and driving with a FRIEND in the car. YOUR cousin sounded like to me he was trying to ensure this girl would get to her destination safely-he sounded like a real gentlemen.
Our cousins was a wonderful person. Thanks for your caring.
Family

United States

#16 Feb 12, 2009
re: Gypsy Trista is being charged with intoxication manslaughter. she was drunk when she decided to get behind the wheel.I agree with Allison Rodgers the State should adopt the law of holding the bartenders just as much liable as the person driving especially if someone is killed.Thank God no other innocent person or child was killed during her intoxicated state of mind.People don't need friends like that!
Allison Rodgers

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2009
Re:ghernandez this is a public blog n which u can give ur personal opinion & thoughts,ever heard of the admnt rights?I utilized my 1st."FREEDOM OF SPEECH"yes i have done wrong,but as an ex-bartender I also know when 2 give up the keys.I have read the "good book" form cover 2 cover several times,apparently u haven't.Ever heard that u r suppose 2 follow God's law & man's law. 2 My knowledge it's against the law 2 drink & drive.Ever heard of the 1st commandment?"THOU SHALL NOT KILL?"With "friends" like Trista who needs enemies?Notice all 15 blogs NOBODY has any love 4 Trista,but u.Kuddos 2 u!Here is some schooling 4 u.It is a statistic fact that 60 to 75% of women that go to prison come out bisexual or gay.Cute Trista might b sold 4 a pack of cigarettes.HUH,wonder what she'll b when she gets out?Thanks 4 the respect of calling me Mrs.Rodgers since u don't know me.This is my last "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"on this "PUBLIC BLOG".Arguing with u won't reverse what taken place.Not 2 mention arguing with you is just as USELESS as Trista & her driving skills!!!May God heal the hurt that bro. & sis.Martinez & his brother Jonathan have.
Have Respect

Garland, TX

#18 Feb 12, 2009
Family wrote:
re: Gypsy Trista is being charged with intoxication manslaughter. she was drunk when she decided to get behind the wheel.I agree with Allison Rodgers the State should adopt the law of holding the bartenders just as much liable as the person driving especially if someone is killed.Thank God no other innocent person or child was killed during her intoxicated state of mind.People don't need friends like that!
Thats because you are Allison Rodgers.
Quit playing games and passing judgements Allison.
You are not perfect, have some respect for the families!
Have Respect

Garland, TX

#19 Feb 12, 2009
Allison Rodgers wrote:
Re:ghernandez this is a public blog n which u can give ur personal opinion & thoughts,ever heard of the admnt rights?I utilized my 1st."FREEDOM OF SPEECH"yes i have done wrong,but as an ex-bartender I also know when 2 give up the keys.I have read the "good book" form cover 2 cover several times,apparently u haven't.Ever heard that u r suppose 2 follow God's law & man's law. 2 My knowledge it's against the law 2 drink & drive.Ever heard of the 1st commandment?"THOU SHALL NOT KILL?"With "friends" like Trista who needs enemies?Notice all 15 blogs NOBODY has any love 4 Trista,but u.Kuddos 2 u!Here is some schooling 4 u.It is a statistic fact that 60 to 75% of women that go to prison come out bisexual or gay.Cute Trista might b sold 4 a pack of cigarettes.HUH,wonder what she'll b when she gets out?Thanks 4 the respect of calling me Mrs.Rodgers since u don't know me.This is my last "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"on this "PUBLIC BLOG".Arguing with u won't reverse what taken place.Not 2 mention arguing with you is just as USELESS as Trista & her driving skills!!!May God heal the hurt that bro. & sis.Martinez & his brother Jonathan have.
You have too much time on your hands Allison, quit playing games and grow up.
Defence

Bethania, NC

#20 Feb 12, 2009
RE:ghernendez having grown up w/ Allison Rodgers, I know that she is a kind,caring,& very loving person.She "IS" the kind of person that u'd want on ur side when n need.she will go 2 any lengths 2 b there 4 u!U should NOT down her 4 speaking her mind it's just like she said "Freedom Of Speech" u need 2 remember that she is hurting n maybe that's her way of healing.2 say it, n then forgive.U opened up a can of worms singling her out with ur hootie tootie remarks if ur such a good christian than u should remember ur not God n u should'nt judge her!!We n Allison knows that God can forgive Trista but u mistook Allison 4 God.U see God forgives but as humans we sometimes don't.Also RE:have respect I honestly don't think Allison wrote to gypsy.looks like Allison is defending the people of Texas when she say's adopt a law to protect.what's wrong with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pakistani, Nepali in dallas-ft worth pretending... 7 hr teri begum ki gaand 5
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farting 945
Debate: Marijuana - Irving, TX (Aug '10) Thu Dick M. 40
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
Gangs In Arlington (Aug '07) Jul 30 the yankee 1,136
Cameron hendrix Jul 30 THE ALPHA MALE 4
anyone know Rachel morgan? Jul 29 Big bad john 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Prairie Mortgages