Police: Neighbors' dispute leads to shooting death in Arlington

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dallas Morning News

The suspect is Franklin D. Hudson, 66, being held in Arlington City Jail on a murder charge and $500,000 bail.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Front Row Seat Bob

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Over some dog schitt?! WOW!
Iknowitall

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

More cold hard proof the gene pool is overdue for a cleaning.
tamika hudson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Man my grandfather was not rong for what he did they pushed him over the hill he had it coming
Martha

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Now most of our local news isn't mentioning a dog. The victim had a cute little gold colored dog. Very friendly, but would love to run from the kids. He came in our yard a lot, sometimes grabbing a few bread crumbs from the squirrels dish. In fact yesterday I think he took off with the squirrels corn cob. I can't imagine why that man would have shot him over that little dog :( I saw two people try to go help the victim and I started out too, but the guy came out and fired another shot and I had to go back in right away, they also fled back to their house. Their were so many many shots fired initially, he had to have literally emptied his gun into our neighbor. SWAT came to our door too to make sure no one inside was killed. They also checked our house and cars for bullets. Yesterday was a very scarey and sad day for our neighborhood. It looks like our neighbor was headed home when he was shot in the back in front of the house next to the shooters residence. :(
enrique

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Umm why in the back? He should of got em' in the dome at least
Nicki

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

People are so effin senseless... I don't care what the damn beef was about my brother in law didn't deserve to f*****g die especially not the way he did. Then to be shoot in front his son and not let anyone help him at all. Who gives him the damn right to play God and take someone else's life. I hope he rotes in f******g hell & die in a cold hard jail cell.
Martha

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

No one deserves to die the way 'Squeaky''nickname' did. He was killed in front of his children for NOTHING. The shooter will not have to worry about his stupid lawn ever again. He will be in a tiny cell for the rest of his pathetic life. As if it wasn't bad enough that he emptied his gun into his victim, he tried to kill any of us who would try to help! I will miss him chasing that silly little yellow dog around the yard, his noisy truck music, and even watching him walk to the mailbox in the morning. His killer was 66 years old and was a hater pure and simple, just a hate filled old 'man.' He was old enough to learn to control his hat filled impulses, his choice. Now he will deservedly have NO more choices in life. He will eat when he is told, and only what is offered. His family has left, and might even have to sell their home for his legal fees. Congrats Daddy, you ruined everyone's life including your own!
Desiree

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Hi, i live on overbrook Drive just 2 blocks down from redbrook i usually walk my dog in the the neighborhood and back its so sad i actually saw police rushing down carter i was wondering what was goin on i thought there was a high speed chase occuring, then i heard the sad news..i over heard there might been a racial issue too? is this true and what was the race of the victim and suspect if you dont mind me asking..but either way this situation could`ve been avoided so senseless and so sad.
Martha wrote:
No one deserves to die the way 'Squeaky''nickname' did. He was killed in front of his children for NOTHING. The shooter will not have to worry about his stupid lawn ever again. He will be in a tiny cell for the rest of his pathetic life. As if it wasn't bad enough that he emptied his gun into his victim, he tried to kill any of us who would try to help! I will miss him chasing that silly little yellow dog around the yard, his noisy truck music, and even watching him walk to the mailbox in the morning. His killer was 66 years old and was a hater pure and simple, just a hate filled old 'man.' He was old enough to learn to control his hat filled impulses, his choice. Now he will deservedly have NO more choices in life. He will eat when he is told, and only what is offered. His family has left, and might even have to sell their home for his legal fees. Congrats Daddy, you ruined everyone's life including your own!
Martha - alias

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Desiree wrote:
Hi, i live on overbrook Drive just 2 blocks down from redbrook i usually walk my dog in the the neighborhood and back its so sad i actually saw police rushing down carter i was wondering what was goin on i thought there was a high speed chase occuring, then i heard the sad news..i over heard there might been a racial issue too? is this true and what was the race of the victim and suspect if you dont mind me asking..but either way this situation could`ve been avoided so senseless and so sad. <quoted text>
Both the victim and shooter were black, but still there was actually an odd racial aspect to this. The shooter told a black neighbor across the street that he would no longer speak to him because he had a white friend. He also told that white friend (regarding the shooting victim a different black man). Maybe you should go see your "N...." friend, pointing to the house of the man he would go on to kill. Even more than racial, it was a matter of pure raw hatred.
Desiree

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

@Martha it`s not letting me reply to your comment for some reason but that is in fact odd seems to me this man(the shooter)was just bitter smh, but i could be wrong...may he rest in peace. I will be praying for both families and you as well and the whole nieghborhood God bless hun.<3
16Daisees

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Desiree wrote:
Hi, i live on overbrook Drive just 2 blocks down from redbrook i usually walk my dog in the the neighborhood and back its so sad i actually saw police rushing down carter i was wondering what was goin on i thought there was a high speed chase occuring, then i heard the sad news..i over heard there might been a racial issue too? is this true and what was the race of the victim and suspect if you dont mind me asking..but either way this situation could`ve been avoided so senseless and so sad. <quoted text>
There was no racial issues. Both men were of the same race so I don't see how this is racial. First news story was given bad information from an ill informed bystander/neighbor and went with it. We do not need to add racial issues to this already extremely tragic event. So please people, get your facts straight before you report a story that could have backlashing consequences. Just saying'. The whole thing is over a senseless issue anyways. Just never know what goes on in people's mind!
toots

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Why not pop a slug in the dog's ass instead?
Sally

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

16Daisees wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no racial issues. Both men were of the same race so I don't see how this is racial. First news story was given bad information from an ill informed bystander/neighbor and went with it. We do not need to add racial issues to this already extremely tragic event. So please people, get your facts straight before you report a story that could have backlashing consequences. Just saying'. The whole thing is over a senseless issue anyways. Just never know what goes on in people's mind!
The early reports said it was over a dog and that he started shooting again when people tried to help the victim. All correct! You obviously were not there. We were. Those who didn't have dogs thought the shooter was a nice guy. Those whites would be shocked at how much he hated them and any black man that had white friends.
WTH

Roanoke, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

if you really knew "the shooter" you would know that two of his sons are married to white women and they he loves and adores his bi-racial grand children. a racist? i think not.. yes it was an ill advised neighbor who thought that the shooter was actually the racist white man next door! theres more to the story than anyone on this page knows, for you to label him a racist makes you a total idiot speaking out of your you know what!
Sally

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

WTH wrote:
if you really knew "the shooter" you would know that two of his sons are married to white women and they he loves and adores his bi-racial grand children. a racist? i think not.. yes it was an ill advised neighbor who thought that the shooter was actually the racist white man next door! theres more to the story than anyone on this page knows, for you to label him a racist makes you a total idiot speaking out of your you know what!
Since you think you are so well acquainted with the shooter, did you know he would gun a man down in front of children? I don't care who he adores. No one cares now. What kind of a man shoots a man in the back and tries to shoot anyone who would help him?!? He DID tell one of his black neighbors that he would not have anything more to do with him because he had a white friend. I doubt his 'bi-racial' grandchildren will be proud of him now. The victim had a white friend who had to listen to racial slurs about that. The victim and his white neighbor(racist??!!- REALLY)) were often together with their dogs and motorcycles so often at each others houses talking. Well, no more because this 66 year old decided to be GOD and determine who does or does not have the right to live in this world any more. I don't really believe 'person' who can hate this much truly love anyone at all. Our neighbor laid in his white T-shirt bleeding out in the grass. He looked like a broken motionless rag doll. His life drained out of him one Spring night, and none of us could even see if there was a chance at survival for him because of even more bullets. You need a new cause to defend, cause this guy is toast and a waste of skin. Go defend some other person or cause.
GETITRIGHT

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Martha - alias wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the victim and shooter were black, but still there was actually an odd racial aspect to this. The shooter told a black neighbor across the street that he would no longer speak to him because he had a white friend. He also told that white friend (regarding the shooting victim a different black man). Maybe you should go see your "N...." friend, pointing to the house of the man he would go on to kill. Even more than racial, it was a matter of pure raw hatred.
Martha, most info you have told is totally incorrect. Perhaps you were incoherent and confused because of this tragedy. Lord Help you the REDBROOK residents!!!
Sally

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

GETITRIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
Martha, most info you have told is totally incorrect. Perhaps you were incoherent and confused because of this tragedy. Lord Help you the REDBROOK residents!!!
No one cares what you think. Obviously Hudson was a nice guy who mistook Mr. Haney for someone who had no right to continue living. It must be appropriate behavior to empty a gun into a man for daring to breath the same air. Apparently you are one of Hudson's disgruntled relatives from back in Georgia (Newnan, GA?). I don't know how they do things in Georgia, but here in Texas murder is taken fairly seriously. You certainly didn't have a good view from GA, did you?! So your only source of info is the family of this man, isn't it? That speaks volumes in itself. Must be the victims fault....
Sally

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

WTH wrote:
No one ever thought that the "shooter" was a white man next door to Hudson (black man). Hudson stood out in front of his house, in front of God and everyone else and shot Arlington Haney in cold blood. What news sources do you read?
JOHN

Mansfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

This guy deserves to get fried!!!!! BRING BACK THE ELECTRIC CHAIR PLEASE!!!!!!
Robin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Squeek was my friend and I will miss him greatly. I have no sympathy for the shooter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Prairie Discussions

Search the Grand Prairie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 22 min Janie 21,581
Arlington Gangs (Jan '09) 55 min Truth 137
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr why 17,144
GM Plant Worker, NEW TO AREA 16 hr MichaelWeb 1
Let's talk Sun guest 14
Christel Freidhof Jul 26 VigilanteJustice 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
•••
•••

Grand Prairie News Video

•••
•••

Grand Prairie Jobs