Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Obama Calls For Raising Minimum Wage To $9 Per Hour In State Of The Union

By Pat Garofalo on Feb 12, 2013 at 9:18 pm

In his State of the Union address tonight, President Obama calls for raising the minimum wage to $9 per hour, up from its current $7.25. He also called for raising the tipped minimum wage ó made by tipped employees, such as waitresses ó and for indexing the minimum wage to inflation so that it grows along with the economy:

We know our economy is stronger when we reward an honest dayís work with honest wages. But today, a full-time worker making the minimum wage earns $14,500 a year. Even with the tax relief weíve put in place, a family with two kids that earns the minimum wage still lives below the poverty line. Thatís wrong. Thatís why, since the last time this Congress raised the minimum wage, nineteen states have chosen to bump theirs even higher.

Tonight, letís declare that in the wealthiest nation on Earth, no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour. This single step would raise the incomes of millions of working families. It could mean the difference between groceries or the food bank; rent or eviction; scraping by or finally getting ahead. For businesses across the country, it would mean customers with more money in their pockets.

In fact, working folks shouldnít have to wait year after year for the minimum wage to go up while CEO pay has never been higher. So hereís an idea that Governor Romney and I actually agreed on last year: letís tie the minimum wage to the cost of living, so that it finally becomes a wage you can live on.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/02/12/1...
Smart Guy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Actually Obama is onto something, as he always is.

Why NOT just raise the minimum wage to a REAL living wage like say $25/hr.

That way the people on welfare could see a real advantage to going to work and the cost of welfare would drop.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Smart Guy wrote:
That way the people on welfare could see a real advantage to going to work and the cost of welfare would drop.
And every business in the country would collapse. Brilliant plan.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Smart Guy wrote:
I was going to say the same thing.

I know a person who has an appointed position fairly high up in the MN DFL Party and also happens to be a government employee. She says there is a way to easily solve the unemployment and welfare problem.

Pay everyone who "wants to work" a living wage - defined by her as approximately $15 for a single person and move the wage up as the number of dependents goes up.

This wage would be earned whether the person works or not. They simply need to state their desire to work. For those that are able, give them a government job when there are no private sector ones they are qualified for - or if it is more convenient for them to get to the government work place than a private employer's work place.

The end result is full employment, and virtually zero for the number of welfare recipients.

When quizzed on how this would be paid for, her response is that every government employee will pay taxes, and the resulting boom in consumer spending will overflow the State's coffers with corporate tax and sales tax receipts.

I am continually amazed at the brilliant minds that one can find within the government sector and the DFL Party.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I'm constantly amazed by the smaller government folks, hatred towards the working American poor ??

You HAVE TO REALIZE, WE ALL PAY THE BENEFITS BUSINESS DENIES THESE FOLKS ???

Of course, you can pretend charity "works", when you donate your DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS sugar water... but the truth is rich folks take the money and run, leaving the middle class YOUR BURDEN !!

Boy, when did you decide to hate Americans and when are you leaving the country ???

Love dem babies, they starve so quietly ???
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I'm constantly amazed by the smaller government folks, hatred towards the working American poor ??

You HAVE TO REALIZE, WE ALL PAY THE BENEFITS BUSINESS DENIED THESE FOLKS ???

Of course, you can pretend charity "works", when you donate your DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS sugar water... but the truth is rich folks take the money and run, leaving the middle class YOUR BURDEN !!

Boy, when did you decide to hate Americans and when are you leaving the country ???

Seattle Slew have at it

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to say the same thing.
I know a person who has an appointed position fairly high up in the MN DFL Party and also happens to be a government employee. She says there is a way to easily solve the unemployment and welfare problem.
Pay everyone who "wants to work" a living wage - defined by her as approximately $15 for a single person and move the wage up as the number of dependents goes up.
This wage would be earned whether the person works or not. They simply need to state their desire to work. For those that are able, give them a government job when there are no private sector ones they are qualified for - or if it is more convenient for them to get to the government work place than a private employer's work place.
The end result is full employment, and virtually zero for the number of welfare recipients.
When quizzed on how this would be paid for, her response is that every government employee will pay taxes, and the resulting boom in consumer spending will overflow the State's coffers with corporate tax and sales tax receipts.
I am continually amazed at the brilliant minds that one can find within the government sector and the DFL Party.
Makes a guy wonder if all money spent on government programs AND all government employees that give away all the free stuff would pay for cost of employment of those on the dole.

SmartGuy was only kidding, LOL.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Seattle Slew have at it wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes a guy wonder if all money spent on government programs AND all government employees that give away all the free stuff would pay for cost of employment of those on the dole.
SmartGuy was only kidding, LOL.
I am thinking that Smart Guy is a parody of my name and he is a wolf in sheepís clothing. Le Dumbo has done that before.

Mathematically, it is impossible for that scenario to work.
My Turn Again

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Raise the minimum wage to $9.00 an hour for the illegal aliens Obama wants to give amnesty too and high school kids at McDonalds where the $1.00 dollar menu will have to increase to $1.40.

The economy is still struggling and jobs are scarce. This will help?

Sounds like the idea of a leech who works in government.
Philo Beddoe

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
Obama Calls For Raising Minimum Wage To $9 Per Hour In State Of The Union
By Pat Garofalo on Feb 12, 2013 at 9:18 pm
In his State of the Union address tonight, President Obama calls for raising the minimum wage to $9 per hour, up from its current $7.25. He also called for raising the tipped minimum wage ó made by tipped employees, such as waitresses ó and for indexing the minimum wage to inflation so that it grows along with the economy:
We know our economy is stronger when we reward an honest dayís work with honest wages. But today, a full-time worker making the minimum wage earns $14,500 a year. Even with the tax relief weíve put in place, a family with two kids that earns the minimum wage still lives below the poverty line. Thatís wrong. Thatís why, since the last time this Congress raised the minimum wage, nineteen states have chosen to bump theirs even higher.
Tonight, letís declare that in the wealthiest nation on Earth, no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour. This single step would raise the incomes of millions of working families. It could mean the difference between groceries or the food bank; rent or eviction; scraping by or finally getting ahead. For businesses across the country, it would mean customers with more money in their pockets.
In fact, working folks shouldnít have to wait year after year for the minimum wage to go up while CEO pay has never been higher. So hereís an idea that Governor Romney and I actually agreed on last year: letís tie the minimum wage to the cost of living, so that it finally becomes a wage you can live on.
Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/02/12/1...
Why would anyone start a family on a minimum wage job? Why would someone with only enough job skills to get a minimum wage job start a family? Sure, I understand some people lose good paying jobs and have to take whatever they can get, but it's ridiculous to start a family if all you can get is a low paying job.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Sure, in teabagger world, everything is planned, nobody loses a job, the bushwhacker economic problems don't manifest, and Americans pull together to blame the poor, because...

Those babies you "claim" to love, starve so quietly...

Good job, the world revolves around Papa John types who NEED $600 million, while their workers NEED part time, fill in jobs.... to live the "American dream" ??
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
I do too when they are aborted by lowlifes who doesn't even know who their parents are.
Saves me tax money.

And the left can feel good about "feminism" and "women's rights ".
Ill feel good that I don't have to support another crack baby.

Dem babies starving?
Only way dem babies are starved is when cracked out whores forget to feed them cause they spent govt assistance on crack.

Keep championing "women's right to choose".
Another degenerate offspring I don't have to help feed.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Of course, it's easier to envision crack babies dying, when we're talking about the working poor... Guess, you're a different kind of poor, a poor HUMAN.

Reductio ad absurdum- look it up.
Seattle Slew have at it

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Philo Beddoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone start a family on a minimum wage job? Why would someone with only enough job skills to get a minimum wage job start a family? Sure, I understand some people lose good paying jobs and have to take whatever they can get, but it's ridiculous to start a family if all you can get is a low paying job.
Well sir, think about this.

People start famlies in high school, no job no nothing.

People start famlies out of school without even a HS diploma.

People start famlies while on welfare with the only income provided by the taxpayers.

People are pretty much clueless!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Well dummy, think of this... The minimum wage in WA is $9.19 and everything is fine... Funny, you pretending to have a point and posting jack*ss rhetoric... Ps- Thanks for NOT reproducing---People are pretty much clueless!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

My Turn Again wrote:
Raise the minimum wage to $9.00 an hour for the illegal aliens Obama wants to give amnesty too and high school kids at McDonalds where the $1.00 dollar menu will have to increase to $1.40.
The economy is still struggling and jobs are scarce. This will help?
Sounds like the idea of a leech who works in government.
It's $9.19 in Wa, dollar menu is still a dollar, but it's nice you're dating... Don't plan on a second one... At least, you know YOUR value, even if your grasp of possessives is shaky.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>It's $9.19 in Wa, dollar menu is still a dollar, but it's nice you're dating... Don't plan on a second one... At least, you know YOUR value, even if your grasp of possessives is shaky.
Too bad those "dollar" menus keep shrinking in portion. Lol.

I remember Arbys 5 for 5 deal.
5 ham and Swiss or roast beef for $5.

Big Mac value meals I remember ar $3 and change.
now its over $5? Haven't eaten there in awhile.

Been to a fast food lately? Guess it depends on location but people cant afford fast food anymore.
Mcdonalds is empty mostly whenever I drive by.

No more seniors hanging out Sunday mornings reading paper and coffee...
Maybe its just my locations but fast food is getting too expensive it seems.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

It's = it is...

Funny, you're too dumb to cook and too cheap to pay folks who feed you ??? Guess, you NEED a hand out, right ???
Seattle Slew have at it

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
It's = it is...
Funny, you're too dumb to cook and too cheap to pay folks who feed you ??? Guess, you NEED a hand out, right ???
What a spellchecker!!!

Damn you are good..

Who ever said a computer could do the job of a Slewer?

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!
Seattle Slew have at it

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad those "dollar" menus keep shrinking in portion. Lol.
I remember Arbys 5 for 5 deal.
5 ham and Swiss or roast beef for $5.
Big Mac value meals I remember ar $3 and change.
now its over $5? Haven't eaten there in awhile.
Been to a fast food lately? Guess it depends on location but people cant afford fast food anymore.
Mcdonalds is empty mostly whenever I drive by.
No more seniors hanging out Sunday mornings reading paper and coffee...
Maybe its just my locations but fast food is getting too expensive it seems.
Ya order off the dollar menu and NO drinks.

Is cheap. They can't be making much, LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Grand Portage Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Portage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••