Right Wing Newtown shooter motivated by Norway massacre

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Newtown shooter motivated by Norway massacre, sources say

Source: CBS

Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.

Sources say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.

Breivik killed eight with a bombing in downtown Oslo. He then moved to a nearby island where hunted down and fatally shot 69 people, mostly teenagers attending a summer camp.

Two officials who have been briefed on the Newtown, Conn., investigation say Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and targeted nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target" with the "largest cluster of people."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5756995...
Christingle Matthews

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Another good reason for gun control.
The Real Truth

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Awful Truth wrote:
Newtown shooter motivated by Norway massacre, sources say
Source: CBS
Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.
Sources say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
Breivik killed eight with a bombing in downtown Oslo. He then moved to a nearby island where hunted down and fatally shot 69 people, mostly teenagers attending a summer camp.
Two officials who have been briefed on the Newtown, Conn., investigation say Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and targeted nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target" with the "largest cluster of people."
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5756995...
Where did you get the right-wing ides? Out of your ass? Doesn't sound right-wing to me. Sounds more like an Obama voter.
The Real Truth

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Christingle Matthews wrote:
Another good reason for gun control.
Yeah, but too bad. You probably won't be getting any.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Christingle Matthews wrote:
Another good reason for gun control.
Other than the Newtown shooter breaking numerous laws in his heinous crime, what laws could have stopped him? Connecticut has an assault weapons ban and that did not help in this situation. What law would have prevented this crime?
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Correct statement :

Left wing nut job Newton shooter motivated by Norway massarace. Why do liberals try to blame anything but the SHOOTER ? To be exact, Norway the liberal country has no deth penalty. The killer gets 25 yrs in prision for destroying 98 people? that is an example of liberal justice.
Awful Truth wrote:
Newtown shooter motivated by Norway massacre, sources say
Source: CBS
Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.
Sources say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
Breivik killed eight with a bombing in downtown Oslo. He then moved to a nearby island where hunted down and fatally shot 69 people, mostly teenagers attending a summer camp.
Two officials who have been briefed on the Newtown, Conn., investigation say Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and targeted nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target" with the "largest cluster of people."
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5756995...
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

CRASSUS wrote:
The Norway shooter was motivated by the invasion of dark skinned Muslims in his white country.
yes, per madonna, the liberal youth director.

we have a black muslim in the white house. The truth hurts liberals.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Polly want a cracker ??
ist

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Awful Truth wrote:
Newtown shooter motivated by Norway massacre, sources say
Source: CBS
Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.
Sources say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
Breivik killed eight with a bombing in downtown Oslo. He then moved to a nearby island where hunted down and fatally shot 69 people, mostly teenagers attending a summer camp.
Two officials who have been briefed on the Newtown, Conn., investigation say Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and targeted nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target" with the "largest cluster of people."
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5756995...
Disgusting left wing Topix poster uses dead children for narrow minded political rhetoric
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Another good reason for gun control.

Who remembers the dead children and realizes WE NEED TO CHANGE !!!!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the Newtown shooter breaking numerous laws in his heinous crime, what laws could have stopped him? Connecticut has an assault weapons ban and that did not help in this situation. What law would have prevented this crime?
CT has laws against assault, murder, assault weapons, and on and on. None of those existing laws deterred Lanza from carrying out his goal. More laws will not make a difference. Existing laws also exist that will help to identify mental health issues that can lead to this kind of atrocity. They didn't help much either. There will always be the random factor that you can't plan for. Lanza is one of them.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Using the "we can't stop one criminal, why try" defense ?? WOW ~! I gave you more credit...

How about all the potential shooters it deters or the sentencing after the act ???

"Man", you're useless, if all you do is rehash false logic.
Jim Dandy

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bushwhacker wrote:
Another good reason for gun control.
Who remembers the dead children and realizes WE NEED TO CHANGE !!!!
Not "we" but you need to change. I'm fine. Leave me alone!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Gee, I wonder if there are any statistics on how many "potential" shooters, murderers, rapists, serial killers, child molesters and other criminals were actually deterred by laws?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Gee, I wonder if pretending stopping "potential" evil is an adult idea or an a dolt topic.

Sure, get rid of laws, then post your address, dumb*ss !

As far as the argument that criminals don't obey laws reductio ad absurdem would then dictate that we should make murder legal because, after all, criminals will murder people whether or not it is legal.

Complete nauseating silliness....
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
Another good reason for gun control.
Who remembers the dead children and realizes WE NEED TO CHANGE !!!!
You're right, change is needed. How about this? Find a way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people so law abiding citizens can continue to arm and protect themselves.

Why is it no lefty ever brings this up as a solution?
Jim Dandy

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 22, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
Gee, I wonder if pretending stopping "potential" evil is an adult idea or an a dolt topic.
Sure, get rid of laws, then post your address, dumb*ss !
As far as the argument that criminals don't obey laws reductio ad absurdem would then dictate that we should make murder legal because, after all, criminals will murder people whether or not it is legal.
Complete nauseating silliness....
Kina like taking away guns from every one will make the criminal not commit crimes! LMAOROTFu!
Jim Dandy

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

BTW, didn't use spell check, probably misused punctuation. Don't bother.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

background noise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, change is needed. How about this? Find a way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people so law abiding citizens can continue to arm and protect themselves.
Why is it no lefty ever brings this up as a solution?
Find a way to prevent all crime ?? Sure, that's possible, just like ALL folks need guns, right ??? Yeah, you're really willing to help, huh ?? Change names again.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bushwhacker wrote:
Gee, I wonder if pretending stopping "potential" evil is an adult idea or an a dolt topic.
Sure, get rid of laws, then post your address, dumb*ss !
As far as the argument that criminals don't obey laws reductio ad absurdem would then dictate that we should make murder legal because, after all, criminals will murder people whether or not it is legal.
Complete nauseating silliness....
Since you put a lot of stock in spelling, mr low integrity poster, you might want to try "absurdum" next time. I am not commenting on your intelligence or lack thereof, but since you place stock and value on spelling over the content of the argument, this does paint your argument in quite a poor light.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Grand Portage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Portage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Portage
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••