Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Algore's failed attempt at a cable network has now been passed on to Al Jazeera. Algore will walk away with a nice $100 million for his efforts. But of course, he is not one of the "evil rich" people. Rumour has it Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1. With people like Algore, it's always "do what I say, not what I do)
Wonder what kind of carbon footprint Al Jazeera will have when they finish opening all of those new news bureau offices they have planned.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01...
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
Algore's failed attempt at a cable network has now been passed on to Al Jazeera. Algore will walk away with a nice $100 million for his efforts. But of course, he is not one of the "evil rich" people. Rumour has it Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1. With people like Algore, it's always "do what I say, not what I do)
Wonder what kind of carbon footprint Al Jazeera will have when they finish opening all of those new news bureau offices they have planned.
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01...
Maybe Al will have a stake in Al Jazeera as part of the buyout term. In that case, would that make him a terrorist, or just a terrorist sympathizer?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Al will have a stake in Al Jazeera as part of the buyout term. In that case, would that make him a terrorist, or just a terrorist sympathizer?
I'm going with option C. All of the above.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

In other news:

"Glenn Beck's Blaze Media approached the struggling cable news network last year, the Wall Street Journal reports, but was rebuffed because "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

I like $100 million "failures", but you kids prefer outsourcing, right ???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
In other news:
"Glenn Beck's Blaze Media approached the struggling cable news network last year, the Wall Street Journal reports, but was rebuffed because "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/...
So nice that Al Gore's point of view is more closely aligned to Al Jazeera's point of view, not really news, but good verification.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The network was a failure. Not enough market for another extreme left viewpoint on cable TV. Algore got out with his $100 million just like any good wall street capitalist 1%'er. Once again demonstrating that his primary concern is, Algore. Not the environment, not his carbon footprint, not climate change, not his allegiance to his nation. But Slewpid people ignore this time and time again.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

It's now bad to make money, but the OBVIOUS HYPOCRISY in RawMoney is different and you're a senile, 483 year old who cantgetitup ??? Did I get it all, STOOPID !??
Slew Bashing

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
It's now bad to make money, but the OBVIOUS HYPOCRISY in RawMoney is different and you're a senile, 483 year old who cantgetitup ??? Did I get it all, STOOPID !??
Porker,

The Thread is; "Algore sells out to Al Jazeera!"

Did you have a Comment or a Thought of someone else's that you wished to Cut/Paste so that "we" will feel that you are not an ignorant, abusive pig who only posts because or your evil nature, hideous appearance, and Mental Illness?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr DonPanic 32,424
Hero USC footballer Josh Shaw injured saving dr... 4 hr Mark Winshel 2
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) 9 hr lieht 94
Drop one word....add one word game 10 hr Capt Crunch 81
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 11 hr Huh 26,225
Robin Williams Emmys tribute criticised for inc... 15 hr cantmakeitup 11
Debate: Ferguson - Minneapolis, MN 16 hr NSNovum 75
•••
•••
•••