Court rules against Minnesota teen wr...

Court rules against Minnesota teen writer over bloody essay

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 15, 2008, titled Court rules against Minnesota teen writer over bloody essay. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld dismissal of a lawsuit brought by a Minnesota teen who was briefly held after writing a bloody essay in which a student shoots a teacher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Live Life with GUSTO!!!”

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul, MN

#1 Aug 15, 2008
Forest Gump once stated, "...stupid as stupid is!..." It must have been a boring writing class to be so threatening in this day and age. It's not being very creative to show blood, guts, and gore in a disturbing writing project. Freedom of Speech covers a lot of expression but not murderous, schizophrenic veiled threats! All great writers and/or dissenters think out their subject matter before they write. Creative writing deserves focus thinking which I guess wasn't apparently done here.
Bah Humbug

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 16, 2008
Hopefully, this kid can get some help. He's a ticking bomb.
crzyinstpaul

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 16, 2008
Bah Humbug wrote:
Hopefully, this kid can get some help. He's a ticking bomb.
or just a stupid kid thinking he's "cool" or funny...but no ignoring this sort of writing nowadays...
Tad Warner

Park Falls, WI

#6 Sep 1, 2008
I am a personal friend of the kid who wrote the story. He's not crazy, he's a very good writer and a lot of his writings introduce a certain shock factor. Just like things Frank Miller would write. He's fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scott walker job creator 50 min space ace 5
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 3 hr fkstatewide 159
Required Viewing 4 hr space ace 5
Black St. Paul Teacher Claims Retaliation for C... 4 hr Hello 9
Minneapolis day care with St. Cloud ties under ... 4 hr cowboy chris 2
News ACLU: Minneapolis blacks arrested for low-level... 4 hr cowboy chris 16
News Armed UMN mugger makes Green Line getaway 8 hr Hello 11
More from around the web

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE