Teed off: Golf star Phil Mickelson may bolt California over taxes

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JiggerParty

Green Bay, WI

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Who's gunna pay for the Jigger party if Phil leaves? The Mexicans?

Mickelson said “drastic changes” are ahead for him due to federal and California state tax increases that have pushed his tax rate to what he figures adds up to “62, 63 percent.” The left-hander will talk more about his plans — possibly moving out of California or even retiring altogether — before his hometown Farmers Insurance Open, the San Diego-area event that begins Thursday at Torrey Pines.

"It's been an interesting off-season," Mickelson, 42, said Sunday after the final round of the Humana Challenge. "And I'm going to have to make some drastic changes. I'm not going to jump the gun and do it right away, but I will be making some drastic changes."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/01/21/golf...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Of course, folks are starving, but Faux Snooze is THERE to support RICH GOLFERS ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Pig Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Typical Faux coverage.

In one paragraph Fox says he may move before Thursday's event, the next paragraph quotes Phil as saying he's "not going to jump the gun and do it right away".

You people are idiots.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Guy is 42, talking about retirement, and worth @$150 million, but he WHINES ABOUT TAXES ??? Yeah, the folks collecting cans to turn in for a chance at a hot meal, should start "relief efforts" ???

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#5 Jan 21, 2013

This is the problem with low information voters. They think they can live off of someone else's tax payments forever.

Phil is but one of many that will be looking long and hard at the marginal tax rates they are paying - and then make a decision on moving to a more tax friendly climate, or staying put.

When more and more of those that pay the bulk of the taxes leave that juristiction, who will pay?

Don't think this can happen? I can guarantee you that it can.

Simply move to one of many Caribbean Island nations. A virtual office can make you as productive (or more so), and you can instantly cut your taxes in half.

Libs, I am telling you that if you continually keep pushing these tax increases when over 50% of households in this country pay nothing in Federal Income Taxes, you will see a huge exodus of those paying the freight now.

Good luck to you when that happens.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Jan 21, 2013
If "Americans" want to leave, the golf tournament in the Caribbean Islands will hardly pay the freight, THESE whiny UN-American hoarders are SELLING OUT THEIR COUNTRY FOR !!

WHAT A JUVENILE ATTITIDE, pay me or I'm taking my ball & bat home ???

Guess, it's no surprise, from the moron who lies...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Low information voters are so entertaining.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Low information voters are so entertaining.
I often wonder how those European or Asian or Austrailan, or South African golfers get along without the PGA tour? OH! Wait, they actually have corporate sponsors and their own tours if they choose! Hell Tiger gets a million dollars just show up a Dubai. I guess they can take their ball and go where ever they want!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Guy is 42, talking about retirement, and worth @$150 million, but he WHINES ABOUT TAXES ??? Yeah, the folks collecting cans to turn in for a chance at a hot meal, should start "relief efforts" ???

Sure, they can miss the entire America tour and make considerably less..... Funny, doesn't that defeat the point ?? Oh yeah, not to a dishonest teabagger.
Pig Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Low information voters are so entertaining.
No, you're really not entertaining at all. You are confusing "entertaining", which people like, with "lying", which you do.

Two separate things.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I often wonder how those European or Asian or Austrailan, or South African golfers get along without the PGA tour? OH! Wait, they actually have corporate sponsors and their own tours if they choose! Hell Tiger gets a million dollars just show up a Dubai. I guess they can take their ball and go where ever they want!!
As the level of competition grows, so do the number of tournaments the best players compete in elsewhere around the globe.

As the number of prime players competing falls, the pots will decline in a similar fashion.

The Europeans have a better, more competitive, field and kick the Americans in the Ryder Cup again and again. Tim Finchem is going to have some very tough and dark days ahead.

Since: Jan 13

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Guy is 42, talking about retirement, and worth @$150 million, but he WHINES ABOUT TAXES ??? Yeah, the folks collecting cans to turn in for a chance at a hot meal, should start "relief efforts" ???
Frankly, I'm surprised that he is STILL LIVING THERE?? Didn't he get the message that Socialist Brown was going to raise taxes through the roof, especially on the "rich", who don't "pay their fair share"??

Hey, PHIL, get a clue, move to another state. No, not Nevada or Oregon, maybe Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho. You will be a LOT happier in one of those states than you would be in California. I can't understand why you haven't been carjacked, robbed, burglarized, kidnapped, or killed, YET. They don't appreciate you, and they sure as hell don't CARE about you.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Pig Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're really not entertaining at all. You are confusing "entertaining", which people like, with "lying", which you do.
Two separate things.
Sure. You change monikers 15 times a day and you say I lie. F-U Le Dumbo. You are nothing more than a coward who is afraid to stand behind his own words.

You are the epitome of a low information voter. Uncle Saul would be proud of you.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#15 Jan 21, 2013
maroonberet wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, I'm surprised that he is STILL LIVING THERE?? Didn't he get the message that Socialist Brown was going to raise taxes through the roof, especially on the "rich", who don't "pay their fair share"??
Hey, PHIL, get a clue, move to another state. No, not Nevada or Oregon, maybe Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho. You will be a LOT happier in one of those states than you would be in California. I can't understand why you haven't been carjacked, robbed, burglarized, kidnapped, or killed, YET. They don't appreciate you, and they sure as hell don't CARE about you.
You really do have to wonder how someone puts up to over 50% tax rates when they can reduce them significantly by moving their residence to a more tax friendly location.

It appears that Gov Moonbeam's latest jabs have finally caused Mickelson to reach the boiling point. Lots of good golfers live in SC, NC, AZ, or FL. All nice places to live and far cheaper than CA.

This will be the first of of many public figures that finally say "enough is enough", and go elsewhere.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Jan 21, 2013
"and go elsewhere" ???

Man, if you told people "water's wet", folks wouldn't buy swimsuits.... Of course, there is a Sea-Tac Hertz, there is, there is, there is !!!! LMAOROTFU~!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Those of you living in Minnesota and other states with Dem controlled Legislatures or Governors will soon be wailing as well as the Obama Care exchanges, another unfunded, federal mandate, begins to eat up portions of your health and human services budgets. Elections have consequences. Go Red
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
Those of you living in Minnesota and other states with Dem controlled Legislatures or Governors will soon be wailing as well as the Obama Care exchanges, another unfunded, federal mandate, begins to eat up portions of your health and human services budgets. Elections have consequences. Go Red
The Holiday and the Inauguration really must have you on an Obummer hangover,it must really sucks huh!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19 Jan 22, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>The Holiday and the Inauguration really must have you on an Obummer hangover,it must really sucks huh!
NO, Red I live in Wisconsin now, only work in MN. I am over the election thing. My contract has one more year to go, then I am off to Florida, the land of warm water, beaches, Golf courses and no state income taxes!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 22, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>NO, Red I live in Wisconsin now, only work in MN. I am over the election thing. My contract has one more year to go, then I am off to Florida, the land of warm water, beaches, Golf courses and no state income taxes!
You can't escape them Blue States,say hello to Goofy and Daffy duck!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>NO, Red I live in Wisconsin now, only work in MN. I am over the election thing. My contract has one more year to go, then I am off to Florida, the land of warm water, beaches, Golf courses and no state income taxes!
One year? Meaning the Lefities on here get taught a lesson for the next 12 months? Good!

And then I hope you enjoy the sun, warmth, and golf. That is what we all work so long and hard for, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After co-pilot's deliberate act, families ask why? 9 min cowboy chris 4
News Drag Queens, 30 Days of Biking, Little Free Lib... 13 min cowboy chris 1
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 36 min LIbEralS 321
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 37 min LIbEralS 34,108
Vikings 'your name here' bricks offered for sta... 9 hr space ace 5
Yemen 10 hr FOVR 69
We Can Make 28th Avenue Better for People 11 hr Crassus 1
Grand Portage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]