First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dont get it

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 18, 2012
How can people compare a toyota to the ford ecoboost? Ecoboost can tow more, has more payload capacitcy (even tho a tundra is a v8 and ecoboost is a 6 cylinder), and has more horsepower and torque?????

Look at the stats you foreign car buyers. And yes, toyota is foregn. Their annual earnings reports are reported in yen. Look it up.

I support american jobs, like ford.
Toyota

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 19, 2012
How many Fords are built in Mexico or Canada?
How many Toyotas are built in the USA?
Ford

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 19, 2012
How much of the profit on Fords stays in the US?
How much profit on Toyotas stays in Japan?
40for60

Hibbing, MN

#4 Dec 19, 2012
Ford wrote:
What is as much of a surprise as anything is that the wealthiest among us go for, Lexus, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes..........anything but American.
Why? They see it as a status symbol IMO.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Not totally true. There are a lot of rich Americans driving Escalades, Suburbans and Corvettes, for example.
Toyota

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Ford wrote:
In your first post you said you "support American jobs, like Ford".

So you think a Ford built in Mexico creates more American jobs than a Toyota built in Kentucky?
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Ford wrote:
Both are internationally traded companies and do business across the globe.
Mustang

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Toyota wrote:
<quoted text>
In your first post you said you "support American jobs, like Ford".
So you think a Ford built in Mexico creates more American jobs than a Toyota built in Kentucky?
My 2011 Mustang was built in Michigan.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Mustang wrote:
<quoted text>My 2011 Mustang was built in Michigan.
Are you sure your 2011 Mustang was not simply assembled in Michigan? Ford makes very few parts any more compared to the "old days". They utilize outside vendors who build to Ford specs and then send to a centralized assembly plant.

Ford does have a lot of parts made in Mexico and China. Here is a Mustang entheusiasts blog where these guys would probably be able to tell you more if you ask them.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mu...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 19, 2012
I drive an Escalade and have no idea where it was built, who built or how! Damn comfortable ride!!
Mustang

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure your 2011 Mustang was not simply assembled in Michigan? Ford makes very few parts any more compared to the "old days". They utilize outside vendors who build to Ford specs and then send to a centralized assembly plant.
Ford does have a lot of parts made in Mexico and China. Here is a Mustang entheusiasts blog where these guys would probably be able to tell you more if you ask them.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mu...
New cars all have content statements. 65% of my car was sourced from the U.S.

Former MN Tax Payer

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Mustang wrote:
<quoted text>New cars all have content statements. 65% of my car was sourced from the U.S.
35% elsewhere. Hopefully that number will shrink in the coming years. It would be nice to see a 100% American made car again that people could afford and was a quality piece of work.

Former MN Tax Payer

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Mustang's comments caused me to go look up and see what % of parts are made in USA. Found the following and thought it was interesting.

----------

Made in America: Top Cars with Most North American Parts Content

Written by: Zach Gale on April 14 2011

When “Made in America” is the most important consideration in purchasing a new car, consumers would be wise to head to a Dodge dealership and test drive an Avenger. That sedan, according to a 2011 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, has 83 percent of its parts content from the U.S. and Canada.

Below, we’ve compiled a list of the top cars with the most North American parts content list below comes from data required of automakers by law thanks to the American Automobile Labeling Act. A companion post with trucks, SUVs, and vans is right here. The car list is full of Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors products but also includes a few representatives from Honda and Toyota.

The parts content percentages change from one year to the next. Last year, for example, the Honda Accord had 75 percent of its content derived from the U.S. and Canada, down 5 percent compared to the 2011 report. The Ford Fusion (and Lincoln MKZ) is listed as having 20 percent parts content from the U.S. and Canada – likely due to the fact that the factory is in Mexico – while the Nissan Altima appears in the 2011 report at 60 percent. Affordable midsize sedans comprise the first five positions on the NHTSA report, part of which is shown here.

1. Dodge Avenger – 83%

2. Chrysler 200 sedan– 81%

3. Toyota Camry– 80%
3. Toyota Avalon – 80%
3. Honda Accord – 80%

4. Chevrolet Impala – 77%

5. Cadillac DTS – 76%
5. Buick Lucerne – 76%

6. Chevrolet Malibu – 75%
6. Chevrolet Corvette – 75%
6. Lincoln Town Car – 75%
6. Acura TL – 75%

7. Dodge Caliber – 73%
7. Chrysler 300 – 73%

8. Dodge Charger – 70%
8. Dodge Challenger – 70%
8. Honda Civic – 70%

9. Chevrolet Camaro – 66%

10. Toyota Matrix – 65%
10. Cadillac STS – 65%
10. Cadillac CTS – 65%
10. Ford Taurus – 65%
10. Ford Mustang – 65%

http://wot.motortrend.com/top-cars-north-amer...
40for60

Hibbing, MN

#14 Dec 19, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Not totally true. There are a lot of rich Americans driving Escalades, Suburbans and Corvettes, for example.
Yes, Escalades, but when parents from certain wealthy suburbs show up for a hockey tournament, the overall vehicle of choice is not American.
CRASSUS

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 21, 2012
ha..your numbers, smart liberal, are not accurate.

Look at the original post please, and post you facts with how many jobs are in america for americans from Ford vs. toyota. Not the percent of part crap....how many jobs are in america vs toyota....which has by the way just been fined the hugest amount ever for hiding defects in their vehicles..i can post the link if needed you toyota/honda/hyuandai lover.

For me, please toyota crap, beat my F150...oh wait you cant....ha.....no chance
CRASSUS

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 21, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Mustang's comments caused me to go look up and see what % of parts are made in USA. Found the following and thought it was interesting.
----------
Made in America: Top Cars with Most North American Parts Content
Written by: Zach Gale on April 14 2011
When “Made in America” is the most important consideration in purchasing a new car, consumers would be wise to head to a Dodge dealership and test drive an Avenger. That sedan, according to a 2011 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, has 83 percent of its parts content from the U.S. and Canada.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of the top cars with the most North American parts content list below comes from data required of automakers by law thanks to the American Automobile Labeling Act. A companion post with trucks, SUVs, and vans is right here. The car list is full of Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors products but also includes a few representatives from Honda and Toyota.
The parts content percentages change from one year to the next. Last year, for example, the Honda Accord had 75 percent of its content derived from the U.S. and Canada, down 5 percent compared to the 2011 report. The Ford Fusion (and Lincoln MKZ) is listed as having 20 percent parts content from the U.S. and Canada – likely due to the fact that the factory is in Mexico – while the Nissan Altima appears in the 2011 report at 60 percent. Affordable midsize sedans comprise the first five positions on the NHTSA report, part of which is shown here.
1. Dodge Avenger – 83%
2. Chrysler 200 sedan– 81%
3. Toyota Camry– 80%
3. Toyota Avalon – 80%
3. Honda Accord – 80%
4. Chevrolet Impala – 77%
5. Cadillac DTS – 76%
5. Buick Lucerne – 76%
6. Chevrolet Malibu – 75%
6. Chevrolet Corvette – 75%
6. Lincoln Town Car – 75%
6. Acura TL – 75%
7. Dodge Caliber – 73%
7. Chrysler 300 – 73%
8. Dodge Charger – 70%
8. Dodge Challenger – 70%
8. Honda Civic – 70%
9. Chevrolet Camaro – 66%
10. Toyota Matrix – 65%
10. Cadillac STS – 65%
10. Cadillac CTS – 65%
10. Ford Taurus – 65%
10. Ford Mustang – 65%
http://wot.motortrend.com/top-cars-north-amer...
Do you research....60% of Dodge's transmissions are made in canada. 35% of the parts are from Mexico.

You stupid made up percentage writer. Anybody can just post numbers, means jack and has no truth you cark sooker.

Former MN Tax Payer

#17 Dec 21, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you research....60% of Dodge's transmissions are made in canada. 35% of the parts are from Mexico.
You stupid made up percentage writer. Anybody can just post numbers, means jack and has no truth you cark sooker.
Hey fake CRASSUS, do you know how to read? Have you passed 4th grade Geography?

The article states "North America". Are Canada and Mexico part of North America?

non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Dec 21, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Another post from the low integrity poster, using someone else's moniker to hide behind.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#19 Dec 21, 2012
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Another post from the low integrity poster, using someone else's moniker to hide behind.
Oh, you mean like you "peter puffer" ??? LMAOROTFU~! Poor just wired WRONG ~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you mean like you "peter puffer" ??? LMAOROTFU~! Poor just wired WRONG ~!
Some day you may make a relevant point. Let me know when that happens, I might be interested in seeing that. Then again, with all the garbage you post, it will likely be lost in the mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACLU: Minneapolis blacks arrested for low-level... 1 hr Ol Massa 30
I Start New Job Monday 1 hr Crassus 4
Heroin traffickers created 'epidemic' on Minnes... 1 hr space ace 5
Black St. Paul Teacher Claims Retaliation for C... 1 hr Crassus 30
Typical Republican 2 hr space ace 4
Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern may star in Twin Ci... 2 hr Crassus 1
Special Message For Police Officer Sims In St.P... 3 hr Bossa_Nova 1
More from around the web

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE