Krugman: The NRA Is An ‘Insane Organization’

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Consistent

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Krugman: The NRA Is An ‘Insane Organization’

Liberal economist and columnist Paul Krugman said Sunday that the National Rifle Association has shown its true colors in the recent debate over guns since the Newtown massacre.

"The NRA is now revealed as an insane organization," Krugman said on ABC's "This Week."

"What strikes me is we've actually gotten a glimpse into the mindset, though, of the pro-gun people and we've seen certainly Wayne LaPierre and some of these others," Krugman said, referring to the NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre. "It's bizarre. They have this vision that we're living in a 'Mad Max' movie and that nothing can be done about it, that America cannot manage unless everybody's prepared to shoot intruders, that -- the idea that we have a police forces that provides public safety is somehow totally impractical, despite the fact that, you know, that is, in fact, the way we live."

"There are plenty of gun-owners who are fine," Krugman said. "But the lobbying groups, the NRA is now revealed as an insane organization, and that matters quite a lot."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/k...

What gave it away, the enemies list?
Schmahl Spew

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 4, 2013
And what exactly is wrong with being insane?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2013
I love Krugman's entire op ed piece has no substancial or even close to facts, figures, just another emotional, the world is ending, cry from the liberal left! Attack the NRA because that is what liberals do best, they whine and cry and rationalize until they get their way or they scream "Racist" or Bigot" which is what Mr. Krugman is, a bigot!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Name calling, right ??

Are you "speaking" old man, because that weak weak, CHICKENHEARTED !!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 4, 2013
The left has yet to come up with one logical, non-emotional fact to even begin the process of thinking about amending the 2nd amendment. They keep trotting out stories of terrible misdeeds, done by those not of a sane condition, but have yet to present any facts that banning guns will solve this issue. They think it will, just like they think spending money we don't have will solve our financial crisis, but no hard evidence. This is all they have an emotional arguement, which tugs at your heart strings, and purse strings. Have to do better if you want to change a 200 plus law of this country!
elmo

Andover, MN

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Krugman is the insane one.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Consistent wrote:
Krugman: The NRA Is An ‘Insane Organization’
Liberal economist and columnist Paul Krugman said Sunday that the National Rifle Association has shown its true colors in the recent debate over guns since the Newtown massacre.
"The NRA is now revealed as an insane organization," Krugman said on ABC's "This Week."
"What strikes me is we've actually gotten a glimpse into the mindset, though, of the pro-gun people and we've seen certainly Wayne LaPierre and some of these others," Krugman said, referring to the NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre. "It's bizarre. They have this vision that we're living in a 'Mad Max' movie and that nothing can be done about it, that America cannot manage unless everybody's prepared to shoot intruders, that -- the idea that we have a police forces that provides public safety is somehow totally impractical, despite the fact that, you know, that is, in fact, the way we live."
"There are plenty of gun-owners who are fine," Krugman said. "But the lobbying groups, the NRA is now revealed as an insane organization, and that matters quite a lot."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/k...
What gave it away, the enemies list?
You're right laPierre is an idiot,and just a spoksman for the gun manufactors it's simply as that enough said.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 4, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
The left has yet to come up with one logical, non-emotional fact to even begin the process of thinking about amending the 2nd amendment. They keep trotting out stories of terrible misdeeds, done by those not of a sane condition, but have yet to present any facts that banning guns will solve this issue. They think it will, just like they think spending money we don't have will solve our financial crisis, but no hard evidence. This is all they have an emotional arguement, which tugs at your heart strings, and purse strings. Have to do better if you want to change a 200 plus law of this country!
how about the General Welfare clause of the Preamble?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
The left has yet to come up with one logical, non-emotional fact to even begin the process of thinking about amending the 2nd amendment. They keep trotting out stories of terrible misdeeds, done by those not of a sane condition, but have yet to present any facts that banning guns will solve this issue. They think it will, just like they think spending money we don't have will solve our financial crisis, but no hard evidence. This is all they have an emotional arguement, which tugs at your heart strings, and purse strings. Have to do better if you want to change a 200 plus law of this country!
That's because changing or repealing the 2nd amendment would be difficult to accomplish. It's easier and more to their agenda to legislate by presidential mandate. That dusty old Constitution thingy always gets in their way.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Feb 4, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>how about the General Welfare clause of the Preamble?
You mean the line that means the general well being?

The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause. The U.S. Supreme Court has held the mention of the clause in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Welfare_...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Feb 4, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because changing or repealing the 2nd amendment would be difficult to accomplish. It's easier and more to their agenda to legislate by presidential mandate. That dusty old Constitution thingy always gets in their way.
Pretty funny, you're pretending today's weaponry have any semblance to another time. Call it an agenda, rather than reality and school children being massacred... senile teabaggers hate children after they're born anyway...
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Feb 4, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the line that means the general well being?
The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause. The U.S. Supreme Court has held the mention of the clause in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Welfare_...
So what about the commerce clause? was it use for the 21st amendment to repeal prohibition?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 4, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>how about the General Welfare clause of the Preamble?
That covers a multitude of sins. But the left seems to believe it is a God given right as an American, to have health care and yet none of them can site where the constitution indicates that is a right as an American.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 4, 2013
Actually, Left wing nut hate children, with their stand on abortion, they promote the partial birth abortion, basically crushing the head of the child prior to complete birth. HMMM Liberals like their freedom of choice though right???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Feb 4, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about the commerce clause? was it use for the 21st amendment to repeal prohibition?
Are you just going to keep on pulling clauses out of your backside until you hit one that kind of works for your point? What point are you trying to make again?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Feb 4, 2013
You don't abort children, they're fetuses, carried to term...

Of course, according to "your" definition, Romney's kids killed fertilized eggs.... and he owned a fetus disposal company.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Actually, Left wing nut hate children, with their stand on abortion, they promote the partial birth abortion, basically crushing the head of the child prior to complete birth. HMMM Liberals like their freedom of choice though right??? They like to hide behind legalities and pretend they are giving women a "choice" but they know they are murders and they don't care, they just don't give a shit about our children, they only care about themselves and what is in it for them!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Feb 4, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just going to keep on pulling clauses out of your backside until you hit one that kind of works for your point? What point are you trying to make again?
My point is your not cognizant enough to debate me!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Feb 4, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>My point is your not cognizant enough to debate me!
I think it is you that has pretty low congnition, at least on the General Welfare clause. I notice a big improvement in your language usage skills on many posts today.
Consider Source

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Feb 4, 2013
Consider Source of this gibberish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 2 hr American_Sons 14
Mall of America Protest 2 hr Sam Toliver 16
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sat Earthling-1 33,474
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing Fri Space ace 1
MNsure losing money already (Jan '14) Fri LIbEralS 17

Winter Storm Watch for Cook County was issued at December 21 at 10:02AM CST

Grand Portage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Portage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Portage

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:26 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:26PM
Lions claim playoff berth with Eagles' loss
Bleacher Report 8:37 AM
Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Live Score & Analysis for Tampa Bay
Bleacher Report 8:45 AM
Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins: Live Miami Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 8:54 AM
Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins: Live Score and Analysis for Minnesota
Bleacher Report 9:44 AM
Packers vs. Buccaneers: Live Score and Analysis for Green Bay