Enraged Gopher and a three-hour standoff with police

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#1 Feb 6, 2013
If you spoil the big game for Dan Drobac before he has a chance to watch it on TiVo, things can take a dangerous turn.
On the morning of Jan. 18, a utility contractor working outside Drobacís home in Eagan blared a local sports talk-radio station that was discussing Minnesotaís 83-75 loss the night before.
Turns out Drobac, 32, really did not want to know how the game ended and fell into a rage, threatening to shoot the contractor triggering a three-hour standoff with SWAT and police.
ďIím not kidding. Iím going to [expletive] shoot you,Ē said Drobac according to the criminal compliant.
Local law enforcement sent robo-calls to hundreds of local residents urging them to stay inside as roads were shut down around the residence.
The incident ended peacefully and with an arrest after more than 3 1/2 hours. Police did not find a gun in the home, but they did find a large kitchen knife in the snow that Drobac had allegedly thrown at the utility worker.
Drobac was charged last Thursday with making felony terroristic threats. Besides a recent detox visit, he has no criminal history.
There was no mention of whether Drobac was finally able to watch the Minnesota-Michigan game after he was released, but the Gopher loss the night before certainly didnít help calm the animal within Drobac that was unleashed by an ill-timed utility workerís radio.
http://goldandgopher.com/2013/02/05/enraged-g...
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Drobac was charged last Thursday with making felony terroristic threats. Besides a recent detox visit, he has no criminal history.

He is a criminal for being an elephant. Why do we let republicans out in the open anyways, Sandy Hook would be safer without elephants.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Iowan wrote:
He is a criminal for being an elephant. Why do we let republicans out in the open anyways, Sandy Hook would be safer without elephants.
drobac is a Dem.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Iowan wrote:
A republican would have actually had a gun in the house.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#5 Feb 6, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>drobac is a Dem.
He threatened the government he is republican
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Why not lie, right ??? LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
He threatened the government he is republican
He didn't threaten the government, he threatened his fellow union brother. The union will probably defend him in court.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Why not lie, right ??? LMAOROTFU~!
You are such a putz, it wasnot a lie, simply refutation speculation, after the other poster said he was a republican. The evidence would seem to indicate Dem. Previous time in Detox, no gun in the house. Has Dem written all over it.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#9 Feb 6, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't threaten the government, he threatened his fellow union brother. The union will probably defend him in court.
Prove it
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Feb 6, 2013
You might want to try "was not" next time.

Better English Lessons

Home Grammar Lessons Vocabulary Lessons Easier Lessons Phrasal Verbs Strong Collocations Hangman Contact

They're/their/there
Click on the buttons until you find the correct answer

http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.h ...

Work on these and get back to me. Usually, before a word that begins with a vowel, we use "an" instead of "a", but that is a lesson for after you master there/their/they're.

As for an airline company in Minnesota, your question was presented as a rhetorical one. I can get you a definition of rhetorical as well, mr low integrity poster.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Feb 6, 2013
You might want to try "was not" next time.

Better English Lessons

Home Grammar Lessons Vocabulary Lessons Easier Lessons Phrasal Verbs Strong Collocations Hangman Contact

was was not
Click on the buttons until you find the correct answer

http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.h ...

Work on these and get back to me. Usually, before a word that begins with a vowel, we use "an" instead of "a", but that is a lesson for after you master there/their/they're.

As for lying, you're the best, mr low integrity poster.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it
Prove yours, you made the claim first.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#13 Feb 6, 2013
I see lack of integrity ! LMAOROTFU~!

Poor non-sense, ALWAYS lies...

REWRITING REALITY, again !!???

non-starter wrote: I found it, you just won't publish that you got it off Yahoo or Wiki answers ....
THEN the lies began, LMAOROTFU~!

non-starter wrote: No, I guessed, because you weren't forthcoming with your source

OR MY NEW FAVORITE-

non-starter wrote: I found similar postings on Yahoo answers and Wiki answers

You posted to the urban dictionary to support your position...It's called tampering and you're clearly a duplicitous/dishonest POS... Have a nice lie... Oh sorry, I surely meant life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill cosby special drink 50 min goose 3
Minneapolis man molests 10-year-old sleepover g... 4 hr Liberal 6
Police: 2 Arrested In St. Paul Bank Robbery 6 hr Liberal 7
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 hr IBdaMann 33,221
Madison wi=craphole 15 hr Space ace 1
Vikings' Peterson says he'll never use a switch... 20 hr Liberal 2
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 21 hr Liberal 36
Grand Portage Dating
Find my Match

Grand Portage People Search