House Democrats press Speaker Boehner to call a vote

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

non-starter

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 1, 2013

Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- House Democratic leaders are pressing Speaker John Boehner to let the House vote on the Senate-approved bipartisan compromise that would avert much of the impact of the so-called fiscal cliff.

Following a nearly three-hour private meeting Tuesday between Vice President Joe Biden and House Democratic lawmakers, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Democrats expected Boehner to allow the House to vote on the accord.

Boehner has said the House will vote on the Senate measure or vote to amend it.

The Senate passed the measure early Tuesday on an 89-8 vote. The compromise would allow tax increases on the nation's highest earners but prevent tax boosts from everyone else.

Read more: http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/276132/45/Ho...

----------

Once again, the weak leadership of Boehner comes into full display. He can't do anything prior to the January 3rd Speaker vote, so he probably will pander to the crazies of his party, extend all tax cuts, and send it back to the Senate.
non-starter

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Lookie lookie! I be stealing conservatives names again and trying to discredit them. But since I am not breaking any of the "rules" on Topix, I say this is just fine.

I, Le Dumbo, am a liar and a low life. Any other questions?
goose

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 1, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Source: Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- House Democratic leaders are pressing Speaker John Boehner to let the House vote on the Senate-approved bipartisan compromise that would avert much of the impact of the so-called fiscal cliff.
Following a nearly three-hour private meeting Tuesday between Vice President Joe Biden and House Democratic lawmakers, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Democrats expected Boehner to allow the House to vote on the accord.
Boehner has said the House will vote on the Senate measure or vote to amend it.
The Senate passed the measure early Tuesday on an 89-8 vote. The compromise would allow tax increases on the nation's highest earners but prevent tax boosts from everyone else.
Read more: http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/276132/45/Ho...
----------
Once again, the weak leadership of Boehner comes into full display. He can't do anything prior to the January 3rd Speaker vote, so he probably will pander to the crazies of his party, extend all tax cuts, and send it back to the Senate.
How about the rest of the story! House Republicans are upset because Democrats will not budge on spending cuts. Media (& you progressives) never tell the whole story!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NHL playoffs!!! 16 min space ace 16
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 4 hr _Zoey_ 220
Message For (MSP) St.Paul , Minnesota Police De... 4 hr space ace 9
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sat Fair Game 34,194
Somali mother puzzles over son's arrest Sat OgadenPrincess 15
Brown Family Lawsuit Sat LIbEralS 12
All Transgenders will go to hell !!! Fri space ace 22
More from around the web

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE