Pope Slams Capitalism, Inequality Between Rich And Poor

Posted in the Grand Portage Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Niether of the Above

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Pope Slams Capitalism, Inequality Between Rich And Poor In New Years Message

Source: Huffington Post

Earlier in his homily, the leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics decried "hotbeds of tension and conflict caused by growing instances of inequality between rich and poor".

He also denounced "the prevalence of a selfish and individualistic mindset which also finds expression in an unregulated capitalism, various forms of terrorism and criminality".

...

In his full message for the peace day, the pope called for a new economic model and ethical regulations for markets, saying the global financial crisis was proof that capitalism does not protect society's weakest members.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/01/pope...
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Sooooo when's the poop going to start living like the poor folk?

I love these rich bastards telling everyone needs to share their little wealth they have worked their whole lives for. Here's a suggestion:

Phock YOU!!!

That means you too Poop!!!
Niether of the Above

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Youbetcha. We be stealing other people's names and trying to discredit them. Especially someone we know is a Catholic and a capitalist.

Le Dumbo is again posing as someone else and says there is nothing wrong with that. Dumbo is a socialist through and through, but he is a bigger asshole than anything.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

blah blah blah Thorazine

blah blah blah Demokrats

blah blah blah pyscho

blah blah blah Phillips vodka

blah blah blah Romney 54 % Obama 46%

blah blah blah right wing extremist rant

blah blah blah go to the light

blah blah blah fauch away

blah blah blah more Phillips vodka

blah blah blah letter K

blah blah blah more fringe rant

blah blah blah going to pass out now

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

And Jesus said, "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's" Said nothing about Democrats!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sure, "correct" the pope and the Bible, then pretend you're "special", loser..

SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

More hypocrisy from the terminally Slewpid. Defending the religious leader who wants to eliminate birth control for everyone.
Maybe "dojo" is some kind of asylum code for the common area or the TV room.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Pope, A religous leader I certainly respect, Is still a man who has opinons and a bias, similar to all of us. When he preaches or make a ruling on the Dogma of the Catholic Church, I believe him and his rulings, however, his comment on society and it good or bad points are his comments and not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of the 1.2 billion catholics he shepards

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 2, 2013
 
Niether of the Above wrote:
The Pope, A religous leader I certainly respect, Is still a man who has opinons and a bias, similar to all of us. When he preaches or make a ruling on the Dogma of the Catholic Church, I believe him and his rulings, however, his comment on society and it good or bad points are his comments and not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of the 1.2 billion catholics he shepards
That is a distinction a lot of people miss. The difference between his mandates to his followers regarding dogma, and whatever opinions he chooses to make public.
Matter of FACT

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The poop had no problem when Capitalistic USA saved his arse in WW2.

Phocking WOP tell sombody who gives a phock.
white pride

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 2, 2013
 
Matter of FACT wrote:
The poop had no problem when Capitalistic USA saved his arse in WW2.
Phocking WOP tell sombody who gives a phock.
The pope is a great person, he was in the Hitler Youth.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 2, 2013
 
I hope the Pope didnít give this speech in the Vatican gold room.
Star of David

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the cathloic church should open up its coffers and spread their own wealth around to the poor, this CITY in italy has Billions and Billions of dollars to give away at their own robin hood adventure.

__________
Niether of the Above wrote:
Pope Slams Capitalism, Inequality Between Rich And Poor In New Years Message
Source: Huffington Post
Earlier in his homily, the leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics decried "hotbeds of tension and conflict caused by growing instances of inequality between rich and poor".
He also denounced "the prevalence of a selfish and individualistic mindset which also finds expression in an unregulated capitalism, various forms of terrorism and criminality".
...
In his full message for the peace day, the pope called for a new economic model and ethical regulations for markets, saying the global financial crisis was proof that capitalism does not protect society's weakest members.
Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/01/pope...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Redistribution of wealth is THEFT! Funny, how communists, Obama, the United Nations and the pope are on the same page! www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ... Start with chapter 9.

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sharing with those less fortunate is certainly not theft.

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Niether of the Above wrote:
And Jesus said, "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's" Said nothing about Democrats!!
"Render to Caesar what is Caesar's" was a statement to pay your taxes, even to an occupying country. THe same applies now - render unto the US Government what is the US government's.
Star of David

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

the pope should address all the LIBERALS that voted for ABORTION and GAY MARRIAGE, you can not be a Christian and vote for a liberal - just ask you preist on Sunday what the church thinks about ABORTION and GAY MARRIAGE, not that is a discussion to focus on ( VALUES ) liberals have none.
He is Coming Soon wrote:
Redistribution of wealth is THEFT! Funny, how communists, Obama, the United Nations and the pope are on the same page! www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ... Start with chapter 9.
Star of David

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Le Jumbo wrote:
Sharing with those less fortunate is certainly not theft.
big difference

sharing, I will decide where MY money goes & to whom.

being told by a dictator socialist is not sharing.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 2, 2013
 
Le Jumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Render to Caesar what is Caesar's" was a statement to pay your taxes, even to an occupying country. THe same applies now - render unto the US Government what is the US government's.
Actually it is not. It was a declaration to let the governments of man deal with earthly maters and let the Church deal with spiritual matters. If you had knowledge of the bible you would know that this was an attempt to trick Jesus in a catch 22 where he either defied Rome (and would be killed) or he supported Rome and could be discredited. The issue brought up was if it was religiously allowed to pay tribute to the living god Caesar as he demanded.

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your elected representatives determine how your tax money is spent, not a dictator.

The US people, through their elected officials, have made it clear what we want.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Portage Discussions

Search the Grand Portage Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 42 min LIbEralS 203
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr LIbEralS 32,087
Willernie Mayor invites 500 Central American mi... 7 hr cowboy chris 2
NOTHING GOOD comes across an unsecured border 11 hr Bellweather 2
Introducing THE Boeing Nightmare Liner 787 (Feb '13) 12 hr Bellweather 781
marcus bachmann can 'cure' you of being gay... 15 hr Space ace 2
Bellweather 15 hr Space ace 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Portage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Portage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Portage
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••