Toddler trampled by moose in northern...

Toddler trampled by moose in northern Colorado

There are 26 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 2, 2010, titled Toddler trampled by moose in northern Colorado. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A toddler was injured Thursday after being trampled by a moose in north-central Colorado.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Here

#23 Sep 3, 2010
Surprised in the TC wrote:
Some wild animals require a broad range of area (for what ever reason). I/we don't know why, but if they're uprooted in their territory, their new claimed territory can include an area with homes, etc. Whose fault is it? Those who took the animals's original territory away. Perhaps development needs to be done more carefully, or some precautions taken? It's a problem at times. I believe it was an African village that left chimps with one square mile of territory and they ended up with killer chimps.
Grand Lake Colorado was established in 1881 and yet today it's population is under 500. I don't think the Moose or any other wildlife have been crowded out of this wilderness area. As for those commenting on the parents... I doubt if they planned for a stampeding Moose that day and more than likely were within feet of the child with no time to pull the child to safety. Stuff HAPPENS. Euthanize the Moose?.... overreacting at it's finest.
you are brilliant

United States

#24 Sep 3, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you seriously have never noticed that newspapers regularly report news from all over the world every day?
Guess you're pretty stupid.
hahahah moron........stories like this happen all over the world just to entertain you! Clown!

I heard that a shark bit a young child in Australia.
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Sep 3, 2010
"It was unclear whether the moose was charging at the child or running for some other reason."

But kill it anyway just to be sure. Yeah that sounds perfectly reasonable ... NOT.

If you're in an area where there are moose maybe, just maybe, it's not a good idea to let your toddler be aimlessly wandering around?

Since: Aug 10

Here

#27 Sep 3, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
"It was unclear whether the moose was charging at the child or running for some other reason."
But kill it anyway just to be sure. Yeah that sounds perfectly reasonable ... NOT.
If you're in an area where there are moose maybe, just maybe, it's not a good idea to let your toddler be aimlessly wandering around?
Just out of curiosity... what makes you assume they left the child wandering aimlessly around? Stampeding Moose aren't known to stop and give a parent time to pull a child out of harms way... are they?
dum dums

Cook, MN

#28 Sep 3, 2010
maybe the adults who ignored the warning signs of moose in the area should be the ones euthanized.
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Sep 3, 2010
Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity... what makes you assume they left the child wandering aimlessly around? Stampeding Moose aren't known to stop and give a parent time to pull a child out of harms way... are they?
Fair enough. I have no idea what the parents were or were not doing so I shouldn't be bashing them.

Unless they're the ones who are demanding that the moose be exterminated because it ran down their kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pressure is building to avert property tax cuts... Dec 25 surfeagle 1
re Nov '17 Cyber Hacking Wizard 1
News Estes Park trustee candidate's comments on fore... (Mar '14) Aug '17 Alejandrojoaquin110 21
Marvin The Hero (Jun '17) Jun '17 RIP 1
Is Grandby still corrupt, after the Armored Bul... (Aug '13) Jun '17 Lol 2
News What Is Open at Rocky Mountain National Park? (Sep '13) Sep '13 ummm 3
News Rocky Mountain National Park begins to reopen (Sep '13) Sep '13 Hayduke lives 1

Grand Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Lake Mortgages