First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Have you found the info

Fort Collins, CO

#21 Oct 22, 2010
OKIE1 wrote:
I am looking for information on a murder that occured in Grand Junction. I don't know exactly when the murder happened. I don't know the victim's name. All I know is that the person convicted, of the murder, is a man named Darrel Mircle.
If anyone out there knows what happened, would you, please, tell me? Thanks.
http://kenbotham.com/newspaper%20articles/oct...
xxxxxxxx

Arvada, CO

#22 Nov 3, 2010
The case involved minors. That would explain why you can not find it. I was a 7th grader at Fruita Junior High School when it happened. In addition, I know all of the kids involved. People involved have paid their debts... and continue to pay.
Miracle Girl

Billings, MT

#23 Dec 29, 2010
Darrell is my Father but I will not post personal info. on the internet. If you were a friend to my Father, I would talk to you if you leavee me your e-mail info.
Okie1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Darrell's nieces, Patty and her ex Gary; Penny and Penny's husband Joe; and his nephew Ronnie (none of which have the last name of Miracle since they were the children of Darrell's sister).
jack

Floresville, TX

#24 May 6, 2011
Miki wrote:
I am attempting to collect information regarding a a double homicide in Fruita, Colorado approximately around 1983 or 1984. The name of one of the individuals involved in the crime is Merle South. I am looking for access to any public records, newspaper articles, or information of any type. If anyone knows anything and can tell me I would be greatly appreciative.
the other person involved was a daniel collins. i remember when it happened . what happened to merle's parents that day was very brutal, a massacre . i'll never forget it.
jack

Floresville, TX

#25 May 6, 2011
xxxxxxxx wrote:
The case involved minors. That would explain why you can not find it. I was a 7th grader at Fruita Junior High School when it happened. In addition, I know all of the kids involved. People involved have paid their debts... and continue to pay.
it was very brutal ,everyone involved should have got the death penalty , it was reinstated in 1984, instead one got away with being a juvenile and the other got tried as an adult. how's that for justice.
Chris

Mesa, AZ

#26 Jan 27, 2012
For information on Merle South, look up Inmate 243663 in the arizona dept of corrections inmate search, he is inactive http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearc...
Whitedove463 wrote:
<quoted text> Darrell is my uncle.He has been in prison for about 12 years now. A guy was tailgating the car of Darrell's daughter and her boyfriend and Darrell went home and later went to the mans house and the man shoved Darrell and he lost it and shot him. The man was giving his daughter which is my cousin a bad time for many days and uncle Darrell shot him. Uncle Darrell died last week of the flu and will be buried on Monday the 2nd of November in Grand Junction Co.
pmi

Havre, MT

#27 Jan 29, 2012
Whitedove463 wrote:
<quoted text> Darrell is my uncle.He has been in prison for about 12 years now. A guy was tailgating the car of Darrell's daughter and her boyfriend and Darrell went home and later went to the mans house and the man shoved Darrell and he lost it and shot him. The man was giving his daughter which is my cousin a bad time for many days and uncle Darrell shot him. Uncle Darrell died last week of the flu and will be buried on Monday the 2nd of November in Grand Junction Co.
I knew Kenney, the man who was murdered for 40 years.He could not stand and walk without support. Had he shoved your uncle he would have fallen over.Your uncle killed an unarmed invalid in his own home over a percieved slight. Darrell should have been charged with first degree murder.Your cousin and her boyfriend should be locked up for solisiting murder.My sorrow is for Ken's two young children. Not for the scum you are lying to defend.
Kenji

Odessa, TX

#28 Jan 17, 2013
Miki wrote:
I am attempting to collect information regarding a a double homicide in Fruita, Colorado approximately around 1983 or 1984. The name of one of the individuals involved in the crime is Merle South. I am looking for access to any public records, newspaper articles, or information of any type. If anyone knows anything and can tell me I would be greatly appreciative.
I used to be friends with Merle South. I am also looking for info regarding Merle and any of the other family members. i know the basics of the situation he created, but would like to at least say hi and that sumone out here is willing to forgive him (not forget). any info regarding Merle would be fantastic.
JUST SOMEONE

Phoenix, AZ

#29 Apr 13, 2013
Kenji wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be friends with Merle South. I am also looking for info regarding Merle and any of the other family members. i know the basics of the situation he created, but would like to at least say hi and that sumone out here is willing to forgive him (not forget). any info regarding Merle would be fantastic.
I AM IN CONTACT WITH MERLE, WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
info

Littleton, CO

#30 Jun 12, 2013
Miki wrote:
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1985/Teen-ager-A...
comm

Scottsdale, AZ

#31 Nov 4, 2013
Merle works at MDS in Mesa. Are you sure this is the right person?
xxxx

Phoenix, AZ

#32 Dec 19, 2013
comm wrote:
Merle works at MDS in Mesa. Are you sure this is the right person?
It is the same person.
http://www.newspusher.com/EN/post/1248978721-...
Minnow

Denver, CO

#33 May 5, 2014
Miki wrote:
Merle South killed both of his parents. The post/question appears to imply that there were multiple involved. If I recall correctly, he acted alone.
The story was that he got into a fight with his father and went to his room and locked his door. While his father was pounding on his door (possibly trying to break it down), Merle began shooting through the door. Apparently, his was unaware that his mother was standing in the hallway as well. Both parents suffered gun shot wounds and died.
I believe Merle was a juvenile at the time but was charged as an adult. I also seem to recall that he agreed to a plea where he pled guilty to two counts of second degree murder. He was sentenced to 12 years incarceration for each count and the two 12 year sentences were to be served concurrently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Animal Birth Control Dec 13 GJCO2014 1
Review: Earls Paint & Tin Dec 5 zidanefan 1
Man arrested for pointing banana at deputies ne... Nov 27 guest 2
Debate: Marijuana - Palisade, CO (Oct '11) Nov '14 Richies Cool Man ... 16
Woman uses Super Glue on teeth (Mar '09) Nov '14 foursavages 129
sydney white Oct '14 JASPER TUDOR 1
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) Oct '14 JASPER TUDOR 168

Winter Storm Warning for Mesa County was issued at December 26 at 11:37PM MST

Grand Junction Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Junction People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Junction News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Junction

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:01 pm PST

NBC Sports12:01PM
Arians announces Lindley will start Sunday, doesn't rule out Stanton for playoffs
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Sanders (Hip) Questionable to Play vs. OAK
NBC Sports12:12 PM
Cards could get Warner, but cutting him
NBC Sports12:44 PM
Arizona's Lindley back at starter, Stanton has infection - NBC Sports
ESPN 3:27 PM
Harbaugh stays tight-lipped on 49ers future