New Grand Isle toll bridge does not accept cash

Jul 3, 2009 Full story: NOLA.com 30

A sign on the entrance to the Louisiana Highway 1 alerts drivers about delinquent tolls on the new Leeville Bridge which opens Tuesday, July7, 2009.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MEAN DEAN

Houma, LA

#21 Jul 30, 2011
The aforementioned comments prove my point about lousy drivers, as information signs have been there for 3 years. How the Hell any of y'all missed their large electronic sign just before the building to pay your toll - is beyond me. Looks like a few of you missed the "No Passing" signs on the bridge too. BTW...there is another similar toll bridge in New Orleans too. And since y'all know how to use a computer, it only takes a minute or two of your moronic/lazy(?)time to check out your destinations. So you don't have to "pour" over the Internet" (try pore), or to "pull over 50, 30 or 25 miles away to pay at a kiosk" (only a couple of miles), so can y'all spell dummies? And don't forget the guy who FORGOT to pay his toll online - FOR 5 DAYS! Or the moron that spells it mooron. lmao And all of the pre bridge opening info was on the Baton Rouge TV & newspaper too. Plus the bridge tolls actually help all Louisiana residents - including the MORONS. Here's a MORON ALERT! They are going to set up a MORON TOLL BOOTH (cash)for all of the cry-baby weenies who haven't yet arrived into the 21st century.At least y'all give us some laughs!!:)
online pre - post payment

Brewton, AL

#22 Aug 2, 2011
purchase single trips or open an account http://www.geauxpass.com/index.html
vigvanvader

United States

#23 Mar 6, 2012
MEAN DEAN Flewwellin wrote:
There have been at least 2 or more information signs, plus a large electronic sign before you get to the building to pay your toll. If you missed them, you were probably drunk, or a lousy driver. Since most people in Louisiana don't read a newspaper, y'all probably missed all of the pre-opening information, including on the Internet. The DOT did a great job of PR! If you missed it - your fault. You should always check your destination out on the Internet before a trip anyway. Sheesh! Key West, Florida is considered the "Banana Republic" - not Louisiana. Sheesh! The OLD Leeville bridge has been completely dismantled! You were right about one thing - you "were not aware" or alert. Here's hoping that y'all enjoy the bright lights & entertainment of Cocodrie.
those sighns are very easy to miss you know they are there because you live in this toilet. Every where else in the country you pay on the road , or they read your tag and bill you only here in this ---t hole would any body expect to have to pull over and pay. I guess it doesnt matter to you if you live here it's not like you have a life anyway might as well waste it standing in line at a toll booth.
vigvanvader

United States

#24 Mar 6, 2012
mean dean you are what we would expect to live down here in this ---t hole.
most ignorant system ever.
every where else on the planet you drive by and get a $2 bill in mail here some num nuts decided to build a building hire a bunch of employees who have medical retirment all paid by local people. In a few years collecting the toll will cost more than it generates.
joepatch

Zachary, LA

#25 Apr 15, 2012
HOSTAGE. We as camp owners are being held hostage for a toll we should not have to pay. Our camp is in Grand Isle which in turn is in Jefferson parish. Since JP cannot provide us with access to the island, I feel we should be excempt from the toll. After all, the people who live on the island do not have to pay. We as camp owners probly support this islang tyhan the people who live ther. By that I mean the revenue we bring such as using the 2 marinas, groceries from the stores, taxes on real estate.(by the way, My taxes are on 5and 1/2 lots. If any one would like to sign a petition I would be happy to get one started. By the way, the mayor of grand isle was instrumental in getting this free oass for them. Not thing about where all the outside revenue comes from.
Dean Flewwellin

Houma, LA

#26 Apr 15, 2012
Htotrot wrote:
Do any of you read the papers? Grand Isle is not a wonderful vacation spot for the family.
Only a very small percentage of people in Louisiana read the newspaper,& most of their kids in high school hate to read. However, after 10 years on Grand Isle,I've never seen a bad rap against it - with the possible exception of the BP oil spill. Anyone can check the Grand Isle website, to obtain updated information BEFORE LEAVING on your trip.

I do have a Baton Rouge gripe though! I spent almost an hour driving around BR trying to locate the LSU campus. There were no inter-city signs directing drivers there. Must have signs on the Interstate though!
Michelle pierce

United States

#27 Apr 23, 2012
Never I'n my life have I seen such a thing you have to drive around to find a place to pay your tole. What happen to putting people to work surely there is someone willing to sit I'n a booth to collect the money it takes to cross this bridge. Make it enjoyable. Like a vacation should be. And also you still have people that do not own one of those plastic cards. They have cash or a check. Put our people to work I'n a tole booth. The rest of the world does.
Dean Flewwellin

Houma, LA

#29 Apr 23, 2012
vigvanvader wrote:
<quoted text>
those sighns are very easy to miss you know they are there because you live in this toilet. Every where else in the country you pay on the road , or they read your tag and bill you only here in this ---t hole would any body expect to have to pull over and pay. I guess it doesnt matter to you if you live here it's not like you have a life anyway might as well waste it standing in line at a toll booth.
Hey VVV (Vacant....Vacous & Vacuum):

Those 6 signs are NOT easy to miss, but since you did, that proves that YOU ARE NOT AN ALERT DRIVER - thus....a lousy driver. One large brightly lit & flashing sign should have at least woke you up! The bridge entrance WILL READ YOUR TAG, then bill you if you don't pay! I live in this "toilet" & "shithole" (see...I can even spell it Gutless!), & at least God flushes it frequently (Katrina, Rita, Gustav, Ike, etc.), which helps to keep the lazy dumbass morons out of here. This "Cajun Country" toilet probably has better seafood than wherever you pretend to live, prettier sexier women, & also better weather overall. Lemmeesee....I am a New York Yankee, worked 2 full-time jobs for 23 years, have logged 70,000 hours of volunteer work, worked over 50 state & national conventions +++, so I've had my "life." Where is yours??:O)
Dean Flewwellin

Houma, LA

#30 Apr 23, 2012
vigvanvader wrote:
mean dean you are what we would expect to live down here in this ---t hole.
most ignorant system ever.
every where else on the planet you drive by and get a $2 bill in mail here some num nuts decided to build a building hire a bunch of employees who have medical retirment all paid by local people. In a few years collecting the toll will cost more than it generates.
BTW VVV.....You do have my favorite hotel in Louisville - The Galt House, where they have a nice easy chair & desk in each room. C'est la vie!
Dean Flewwellin

Houma, LA

#31 Apr 23, 2012
Michelle pierce wrote:
Never I'n my life have I seen such a thing you have to drive around to find a place to pay your tole. What happen to putting people to work surely there is someone willing to sit I'n a booth to collect the money it takes to cross this bridge. Make it enjoyable. Like a vacation should be. And also you still have people that do not own one of those plastic cards. They have cash or a check. Put our people to work I'n a tole booth. The rest of the world does.
ROTFLMAO.....What do you man "drive around?" There are 6 signs before you get to the building, with a easy in/easy out parking lot. Where did you learn to drive "Ms Alertness?" And you should have put your teachers to work - teaching you how to spell "tole" as TOLL - like the rest of the world. We have no "card" boo-boo, but a sticker on the windshield so the camera can read it as you pass through the bridge entrance. Things are changing though, as they are currently building YOUR TOLE (lol)BOOTH for Morons - I believe. LOL C'est la vie!:O)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Isle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlos Marcello (Aug '09) Oct '14 Francis 23
Analysis: La. Lawmaker targets speed traps (May '08) Oct '14 peanut 52
jppss school board stats Sep '14 NAAWP ELECTION CO... 1
The NAAWP comes out SWINGING for the BLACK GUY! Sep '14 NAAWP CANDIDATE U... 1
LA1 Bridge Toll Violations In The Mail (Jan '10) Aug '14 Joseph A Achord 6
Good Eats In Grand Isle At The Tarpon Rodeo Jul '14 jim thompson 1
I wanna go fishin! (May '14) May '14 frankiethegirl 1
Grand Isle Dating
Find my Match

Grand Isle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Isle News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Isle

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 am PST

Bleacher Report11:29AM
Texans' Clowney Has 'A Lot of Pain' in Knee
Bleacher Report 8:38 PM
Most Crucial Matchups in Steelers' Contest vs. Saints
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?
NBC Sports 6:05 AM
Jadeveon Clowney calls chances of playing this week "slim"
Bleacher Report 6:18 AM
Complete Steelers Preview for Saints Game