Who do you support for State Senator in New York (Erie County) in 2010?

Posted in the Grand Island Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J. Byrnes

Concord, CA

#1 Oct 23, 2010
Get the Dems out of the state and the country. They have had their run and the screwed up the country.
A Camus

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Out of everybody running I think Kennedy is the best choice. We need to get all these Albany incumbents out of office, they clearly have no idea what they're doing. Besides, I've been reading about Kennedy and he seems like the kind of guy who rolls up his sleeves.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2010
Kennedy was one of the people who pushed the below legislation through. It discriminates against my business by stating that I cannot bid on projects (that are paid for with my tax dollars) unless I have an apprenticeship program. I think what that means is Kennedy is a whore for the unions because they are the only ones with apprenticeship programs. Fortunately, Collins was able to circumvent the requirement by using the legislature's own laziness against them. I am not necessarily behind Quinn 100% but I am 100% against anyone who discriminates against me, my business and my employees. I would not mind so much if they didn't want my tax dollars.

Read about Kennedy...

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article176915...

"Kennedy supported Legislator Lynn M. Marinelli, D-Town of Tonawanda, for chairwoman in 2006 and emerged as chairman of the Economic Development Committee, through which many public works projects must pass. From that perch, he championed a new county law to require bidders on county projects to offer apprentice programs."
J. Smith

Buffalo, NY

#4 Oct 25, 2010
Kennedy is the clear choice. No to Albany incumbents!
West sider

Buffalo, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2010
We need new blood in Albany. Jack Quinn has had 6 years to make a difference.
David Turley

Buffalo, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2010
Because he is clearly the best candidate and we need change in Albany.
Val Mack

Westfield, NY

#7 Oct 25, 2010
Tim sounds like he has the most on the ball.
GUMP

Ransomville, NY

#8 Oct 25, 2010
With KENNEDY in there , the UNIONS are going to have a field day screwing the indipendent man that has his own business . No doubt the unions backed up his money to run. He is owned by the unions.
Jillian

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2010
He meets my values closely!
KRM

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Kennedy for the working man!
Gretchen

Buffalo, NY

#11 Oct 26, 2010
I am tired of politicans running on their father's names. Jack Quinn is not his father, he is an Albany insider that hasn't made a difference as an Assemblymember. How would this change if we made his a Senator?

Tim Kennedy has experience working with both sides of the aisle to pass legislation to help Erie County citizens. He also has the passion and drive to stand up to the guys from NYC that are calling the shots. And Tim came to my door to ask for my vote. He has knocked on 15,000 doors. That is the type of hard work I want to see in government!
JTMan

Amherst, MA

#12 Oct 26, 2010
Vote all the Dems out!!!
JTMan

Amherst, MA

#13 Oct 26, 2010
I would NEVER vote for anybody with the last name of Kennedy! Im sure hes related one way or another.
ObamaOut

Buffalo, NY

#14 Oct 28, 2010
Clinton hates Quinn
Mary Lou

Hamburg, NY

#15 Oct 31, 2010
Time to get rid of that scum bag Jack Quinn. He's never held a private job in his life. His father - a thoroughly unqualified college president - is another slime ball who makes his living on the taxpayer dime. Jack Quinn is a welfare queen. Wise up Hamburg. Axe Jack this Tuesday.
yay

Buffalo, NY

#16 Nov 1, 2010
TurncoatTimmyNoW ay

Niagara Falls, NY

#17 Nov 1, 2010
Kennedy want's to "change Albany"? Well what has he done to CHANGE ERIE COUNTY? Absolutely NOTHING.

Turncoat Tim Kennedy didn't knock on MY door because if he did I would have slammed it in his face. Turncoat Timmy backed Republican joke-of-a-sheriff Tim Howard against a quailified Capt. John Glascott in the last election. Is that what you mean by reaching across the aisle Gretchen ? Tim Howard who has cost taxpayerd millions with his shoddy jail management get's Kennedy's support why? Because of the good job he's done? I hope not. Probably because all of the jobs he's given to Timmy's South Buffalo buddies. At any rate, that shows me what kind of "change" Tim Kennedy is for : either none or the kind that benefits himself. Quinn is no prize either, but I'll vote him over turncoat Timmy any day of the week. Funny that now he pushes downsizing when he thinks he's moving on! A classic opportunist.
Lew Palmer

Hamburg, NY

#18 Nov 1, 2010
If you vote for Quinn get the f uck out of the Democratic party because you are no Democrat. Quinn is a scumbag and since day one his career has been funded by his father's Republican Washington lobbyist buddies.
TurncoatTimmyNoW ay

Niagara Falls, NY

#19 Nov 1, 2010
Lew Palmer wrote:
If you vote for Quinn get the f uck out of the Democratic party because you are no Democrat. Quinn is a scumbag and since day one his career has been funded by his father's Republican Washington lobbyist buddies.
Is Timmy a democrat after supporting republican Tim Howard? Should he not "get the f uck out" too?

Quinn is no picnic, but Turncoat Timmy is a self serving doughboy.
Turncoat is a Shill

Hamburg, NY

#20 Nov 1, 2010
@ Turncoat You'll vote against Democrat because he supported a Republican, but you have no problem voting for a Republican. You're not a Democrat. You're full of sh it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erie 2 BOCES Secretary Pay 3 min Taxpayer 1
Happy Liefless New Year 46 min MAYORDISASTER 22
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr nter Username 19,573
What's up with Maria Genero? 4 hr mozartaficionado 6
Democrats 4 hr Dorothy 11
Blacks are everywhere in Buffalo NY 4 hr Life Carp 27
Why won't LIEF COACH die? 10 hr Lake Carp 17
Grand Island Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Island

Personal Finance