Questionable language on on-line ride

Questionable language on on-line ride

There are 27 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Sep 11, 2008, titled Questionable language on on-line ride. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

It's supposed to be a clip that shows off Martin's Fantasy Island's roller coaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roger in Jamestown

Elmira, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2008
I thought the lady was correct when I heard the clip on the six o'clock news. However, listening to it on the Martin's website I'd say it sound more like "Can you... Dig it" to me. Another 'Tempest in a teapot'.
Myron Needs a Chauffeur

Niagara Falls, NY

#2 Sep 11, 2008
Oh pierced one! get a life...and a job.
Myron Needs a Chauffeur

Niagara Falls, NY

#3 Sep 11, 2008
...addendum to the pierced one, buy a Mac, dump AOL and experience the REAL internet with all the Firefox plugz.
EHC-45

Hamburg, NY

#4 Sep 11, 2008
Get off it, Another Lawsuit Fisher! It obviously says Can You Dig It... Perhaps she should pour hot coffee on herself!(OOPS thats already been tried!) or..a hearing aid!
Myron Needs a Chauffeur

Niagara Falls, NY

#5 Sep 11, 2008
Maybe gravity is pulling on her many piercings and affecting her hearing? It's loud and clear on my speakers on a West Side dial-up. Thanks for the post EHC-45
bob sagot

York, ME

#7 Sep 12, 2008
you can hear the words can you dig it from the movie warriors nothing else you should be ashamed for making it anthing else but what it is , did you just need to waste time on the broadcast or just start more tension in buffalo
jgjj2448

Lockport, NY

#8 Sep 12, 2008
th kid would not have gotten the n word out of that unles it is being said in the home. you made yourself look like a fool.
SwammiYoMammi

Buffalo, NY

#10 Sep 12, 2008
Why would anyone want to go to this place anyway? A dumpy 'amusement' park on Grand Island? I can think of many things better to do with your time....
Full of Ink

Buffalo, NY

#12 Sep 12, 2008
her son probably learned that word at home or mom scread they said "n****". what an idiot.
Concerned

AOL

#14 Sep 12, 2008
Oh, please we watched the clip yesterday and in no way is it saying anything offensive or racial. First get your ears checked, then remove all metal and last take an English Class. Then you wonder how lawsuits begin..give me a break.

“I forgot the eggplant”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 12, 2008
HEY MYLOUS, Go and rent the movie called the Warriors......CAN YOU DIG IT
GARY

Buffalo, NY

#17 Sep 12, 2008
WHAT IS THIS WOMAN TALKING ABOUT?SHE OUGHT TO CLEAN THE WAX OUT OF HER EARS.NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I LISTENED TO THE RECORDING I NEVER HEARD A RACIAL SLUR!IT ACUALLY SHOWS WHERE HER MIND IS AT.
Wow

Buffalo, NY

#18 Sep 12, 2008
Nice that your watching out for your kid, but I think you have too much time to imagine and I dont like looking at your kid or your ugly face. THATS the real crime.
Wow

Buffalo, NY

#19 Sep 12, 2008
I think she's got her eardrum pierced. It doesnt even sound like english. I hope the kid grows up looking more like his dad. Woof.
El Marco

Buffalo, NY

#20 Sep 12, 2008
At first I couldn't see any of this story, but then I realized I had the "STUPID" filter ON in my computer settings.

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#21 Sep 12, 2008
I also checked out the video. It clearly says "can you DIG IT"
I thought the video was pretty cool, but if you REALLY want to watch a roller coaster ride check out:

It's the original COMET from Crystal Beach.
The Silver Comet at Fantasy Island is nothing but a joke. Check out the BEST roller coaster ever!

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#22 Sep 12, 2008
any other Comet lovers out there? I got goosebumps when I first played this video and tears in my eyes. I still remember that sharp turn (it occurs at 1:20 on the video) and you thought for sure you were going to go into the lake!
Fantasy Island blew it. The Comet was dismantled and saved from the scrap heap by Great Escape, Lake George where she has been restored, with the original seats.- just one bar across you: no seatbelts, no lockdowns, just one bar! That added to the excitement!
A piece of WNY and Southern Ontario gone out of town. Thanks a lot Fantasy Island.
Dan

Buffalo, NY

#23 Sep 12, 2008
When channel 4 was called by this ding bat and sent Mylo to ivestigate, wouldn't common sense say that there was no story here? "Nothing to see here, move along folks". No wonder Channel 2 blows em away
Brian From Hamburg

Buffalo, NY

#24 Sep 12, 2008
You have got to be kidding me! For channel 4 to even make this a news story is a joke. Any sane person can clearly hear "dig it" in the video, to hear anything else brings into question the listeners motives. I think this lady needs her annual hearing test. News 4 also needs to apologize to Fantasy Island for their obvious bad judgement in even airing a story so obviously false.
Be Nice

Hamburg, NY

#26 Sep 12, 2008
an observer wrote:
any other Comet lovers out there? I got goosebumps when I first played this video and tears in my eyes. I still remember that sharp turn (it occurs at 1:20 on the video) and you thought for sure you were going to go into the lake!
Fantasy Island blew it. The Comet was dismantled and saved from the scrap heap by Great Escape, Lake George where she has been restored, with the original seats.- just one bar across you: no seatbelts, no lockdowns, just one bar! That added to the excitement!
A piece of WNY and Southern Ontario gone out of town. Thanks a lot Fantasy Island.
As far as I remember, The owners of Great escape also owned fantasy island. The comet was stored at FI until it was taken to lake george. You're right, stupid move on the previous owners. We could still be reliving our childhood if it weren't for this blunder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba's Vietnam War Involvement 7 hr The Reeel Hae Kneww 18
Priest not guilty of fellatio in Church Sat operation greylord 4
Tim Demler (Jun '15) Sat wlvl 13
The holy time of Ramadan has started Fri Buck Rohde 12
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) Fri uncle buck 81
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... Jun 22 Brent 10
Ghetto assed names Jun 22 Sassyiam56 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages