Seneca Nation vows to fight law

Seneca Nation vows to fight law

There are 204 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Seneca Nation vows to fight law. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Its an issue that ignited heated protests in the past, taxing cigarettes sold by Native Americans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

United States

#207 Apr 2, 2010
If they open the door to be taxed, that will be a basis for more taxation. Government rationality and basis of argument will be along the lines of "we have the right to tax everything or else they wouldn't have allowed taxation of the cigarettes". This will be their argument for every product they have, realistically, along a period of time.
Brant Resident

United States

#209 Apr 9, 2010
Cheryl Alaimo wrote:
This states' problems are not the fault of the American Indians. It is nothing more than greed and bad governing by a few in Albany. The entire state needs to combine services and local governments need to downsize. The Indians are a soverern nation and New York State has no business dictating to them.
Cheryl hit the nail on the head. We need to do as Maryland did - consolidate!

Guilford, CT

#210 Aug 23, 2014
Walter Reiller wrote:
<quoted text>You know what, why don't you tell your wife exactly how you feel about the dumb indian. See what reply she gives back to you. If she is any kind of Seneca woman she'll knock you on your dumb white a s s . you're just a dirt ball that's taking advantage of the indian tax free status. If it wasn't for your wife you probably wouldn't have s h i t .
You tell that dumbass white boy, I also am a full blood Seneca!! So why doesn't he marry his own kind
Laugh Phoenix

Linthicum Heights, MD

#211 Aug 23, 2014
Tbird is an Englishman who claims to be an Indian because he is from Brant. He supports. Indian tax free cigarettes because he is a chain smoker and a fake Indian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Victim's Act New York 21 min concerned catholic 3
Is Heather Waldman Hot or Not? (Apr '17) 5 hr Walt 27
hookup, opi@tes,b@rs,bl@ck,t@r 5 hr nuke um 2
News Law firm asking Diocese of Buffalo to release m... 5 hr Demons are in the... 7
Searching for Mongo 10 hr Dog Bounty Hunter 3
Lavender Mafia Vatican and Church 10 hr Truth be told 4
News Bigfoot believers gather at New York retreat, s... (Oct '15) 12 hr Doctor Diamond 7

Grand Island Jobs

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages