Seneca Nation vows to fight law

Full story: WIVB Buffalo

Its an issue that ignited heated protests in the past, taxing cigarettes sold by Native Americans.
Comments
1 - 20 of 204 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Keith

Buffalo, NY

#1 Dec 15, 2008
The Indians are a proud people and this tax will at least in my mind cause something worse than the closing of the thruway several yrs ago. I cannot see this process being complteted peacfully. Guess will see what happens
marsha

Buffalo, NY

#3 Dec 15, 2008
pretty soon the state will have all our money and still be broke, tired of paying for thier screw ups.
funnyguy

Camden, ME

#4 Dec 15, 2008
marsha wrote:
pretty soon the state will have all our money and still be broke, tired of paying for thier screw ups.
HOW right you are 100% AGREEMENT
Seen It Before

United States

#5 Dec 15, 2008
I wonder if the smokes they make are going to be taxed? If they pay the tax to the wholesaler that sends them name brands then how would the state collect on the ones they make themselves?
JIM

Brighton, CO

#6 Dec 15, 2008
State troopers are crapping there pants,they do not want to fight indians.Indians kicked the crap out state troopers 10 years ago.Rumor has it Indians have truck loads off old tires to burn, next to thruway.
Cheryl Alaimo

Keene, NH

#7 Dec 15, 2008
This states' problems are not the fault of the American Indians. It is nothing more than greed and bad governing by a few in Albany. The entire state needs to combine services and local governments need to downsize. The Indians are a soverern nation and New York State has no business dictating to them.
aii42

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2008
KKK wrote:
How do you plan on fighting, your goverment is a joke you finnaly got what yo deserved.
hey "kkk" how do you try and write a bad comment and spell finaly wrong. you're an idiot and you should keep your stupid comments to yourself. go back to the 1st grade and learn to spell.
Harley

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 15, 2008
I think that all polititions should suspend their pay until they get all local, state and federal budgets back in line where they cut taxes not increase them. Today it's indian sold products, whats next the free lunches children receive in school or a tax on our heath care? Reduce spending and taxes before there is a rervolution or another boston tea party.
Colonist

Chester, MA

#10 Dec 15, 2008
aii42 - you're joking right? Finaly? LMAO
pissednativewoma n

Saugerties, NY

#11 Dec 15, 2008
hell yeah we didnt make these treaties for nothing.
and shes right they dont have no jurisdiction.

BREAK A TREATY ITS LIKE BREAKING THE LAW.
eric

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 15, 2008
i think the government should leave thwe indians alone, since the fact they could take back evertything they let new york use. a treaty is legal.
Stephen

United States

#13 Dec 15, 2008
aii42 wrote:
<quoted text>
hey "kkk" how do you try and write a bad comment and spell finaly wrong. you're an idiot and you should keep your stupid comments to yourself. go back to the 1st grade and learn to spell.
It's FINALLY. Loser!!!

TAX The Heck Out Them!!!!!!!
Stephen

United States

#14 Dec 15, 2008
eric wrote:
i think the government should leave thwe indians alone, since the fact they could take back evertything they let new york use. a treaty is legal.
WHAT???

I want you to re-think & re-write this, ok? Can you do that?
Why should we leave them alone??
What can they take back??
What does NYS use??

OK. I'll be waiting.
Stephen

United States

#15 Dec 15, 2008
JIM wrote:
State troopers are crapping there pants,they do not want to fight indians.Indians kicked the crap out state troopers 10 years ago.Rumor has it Indians have truck loads off old tires to burn, next to thruway.
What are you, 10 years old?!
ckl

United States

#16 Dec 15, 2008
the governor has no right to tax cigarettes sold on indian land. it goes against the indian treaties
ckl

United States

#17 Dec 15, 2008
the governor and you are the jokes.
Landons mommy

Salamanca, NY

#18 Dec 15, 2008
you have got to be kidding me. they tried this about 10 years ago and what happened?!?!?!?!
ckl

United States

#19 Dec 15, 2008
aii42 wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed. kkk is an idiot
ckl

United States

#20 Dec 15, 2008
Colonist wrote:
aii42 - you're joking right? Finaly? LMAO

no you're the joke
seneca nation employee

Salamanca, NY

#22 Dec 15, 2008
The governor did not think this through at all. He has put my job and the jobs of every nation employee in jepordy because this state can't seem to keep it's hands out of places that they don't belong. I love working for the seneca nation, they are very good employers, they are the best paying employers in this area. I hope they do burn tires or do whatever they feel they need to do to take care of this situation. And I will be right there with them on their side every step of the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still no apology 33 min Lance Boyles 4
Officials: Yolanda Bindics Was Murdered (Jul '07) 1 hr dumbass 180
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,901
Year Long investigation Leads to the Arrest of ... 2 hr franko 1
rhyan stewart a.k.a country 2 hr Who Me 4
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 3 hr Who Me 2,986
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Figo01 441
•••
•••
Grand Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Island Jobs

•••