News Email - Man Charged with Vehicul...

News Email - Man Charged with Vehicular Manslaughter in I-190 F...

There are 3 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Apr 2, 2008, titled News Email - Man Charged with Vehicular Manslaughter in I-190 F.... In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

A tow truck driver struck while doing his job is dead. New York State Police say he was the victim of an alleged drunk driving accident early Wednesday morning on the Niagara section of the Thruway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

thom Buffalo NY

Youngstown, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2008
Another D.U.I.... when will people wake up ? Why are bars allowed to stay open ... almost until dawn ? This simply encourages people to continue to drink .... almost 'til sunrise. Furthermore .... I question why we even have bars ? Other counties in other states actually require you to order a complete meal ... if you wish to purchase alcohol. There are no simple bar rooms.
I am not a prude, nor am I a teetotaler. However I do question why bars are allowed to stay open almost all night.
I also question why we even have bars at all. It would be so much safer, much more civilized, and more mature if alcoholic drinks were available for sale only when purchasing a complete meal. A revamping of our current liquor laws would make our highways much, much safer.
How sad to know that a hardworking young man has lost his life because of a businessman who kept pouring drinks into a person who obviously was already on verge of intoxication. The almighty dollar was more important to the bar owner bar .... than highway safety .
I wonder

Hamburg, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2008
thom Buffalo NY wrote:
Another D.U.I.... when will people wake up ? Why are bars allowed to stay open ... almost until dawn ? This simply encourages people to continue to drink .... almost 'til sunrise. Furthermore .... I question why we even have bars ? Other counties in other states actually require you to order a complete meal ... if you wish to purchase alcohol. There are no simple bar rooms.
I am not a prude, nor am I a teetotaler. However I do question why bars are allowed to stay open almost all night.
I also question why we even have bars at all. It would be so much safer, much more civilized, and more mature if alcoholic drinks were available for sale only when purchasing a complete meal. A revamping of our current liquor laws would make our highways much, much safer.
How sad to know that a hardworking young man has lost his life because of a businessman who kept pouring drinks into a person who obviously was already on verge of intoxication. The almighty dollar was more important to the bar owner bar .... than highway safety .
Don't you think it should be up to people to know when to stop drinking? Or better yet make sure they have a designated driver or take a taxi? I mean I know it's easy to blame the bars for staying open and such, but seriously it's not their fault that people are generally irresponsible?
Just Thinking

Salamanca, NY

#3 Apr 2, 2008
I am responding to this because its a topic i feel strongly about.Sure people should stop and be responsible but if they are not.The bartender or waitress should shut them off!!!!!! if they are there for hours and drinking like that they should be limited in how much they are served. End of story. The bars are responsible also they dont have to keep them coming especially if some one shows signs of becoming intoxicated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john peppercorn the prophet Sun Ricardo montobomb 1
Bye Bye Paladino, a person of you're stature ne... Sat Hater alert 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
city college 1991 Aug 19 coco4u 1
Pros and Cons of living in Buffalo, NY (Jan '13) Aug 18 Milton 44
Adult video stores (Dec '09) Aug 18 Fellate me father 19
News Grand Island Lions hold successful 59th annual ... Aug 10 Robert J Miskines 1

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages