Pizza Hut closings

Pizza Hut closings

There are 67 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Pizza Hut closings. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Seven Pizza Hut restaurants closed their doors in western New York Thursday. Hospitality West LLC shut the ovens at Pizza Huts in Amherst, Albion, Alden, East Aurora, Grand Island, Medina and Olean.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rich

Lancaster, NY

#1 Sep 25, 2008
I been going to Pizza Hut for a long time located on the corner of Main And Union Streets in Olean on wednesday for the all you can eat buffet but it got to the point where they raised there prices quite a bit so I stopped going there,also if you called them and learned about how much it would cost for a pizza to be delivered to your home there prices were quite higher then the other pizza places here in Olean who delivered.Maybe if they would of kept there prices down they wouldn't have to close those locations and the service on the all you can eat buffet wasn't good because the thicker pizza which was better was hardly out majority of the time.Either you would have to ask one of the waitresses when it was going to be put out or just sit there and wait and there were several times I went there at the start of the buffet and there was nothing there to eat as far as pizza goes.When you go to a place that has the all you can eat buffet the food should be there when you come in.You shouldn't have to wait for it.
gotta love it

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2008
I used to love going to pizza hut. I wasn't hiding my head there when my kids were moving from seat to seat.
It is a shame that the prices were getting way to high. It you cost over 50 bucks for a family of 5. That did include tip. I am sorry that they had to close.
The pizza was good. Pizza Hut was a little shy to put some cheese on the pizza. But other then that..........
Relieved

Rochester, NY

#3 Sep 25, 2008
Rich wrote:
...but it got to the point where they raised there prices quite a bit so I stopped going there,also if you called them and learned about how much it would cost for a pizza to be delivered to your home there prices were quite higher then the other pizza places here in Olean.
Well, the CEO DID need a new Lamborghini Reventón... Where did you think THAT money was coming from??
YaYaHood

Buffalo, NY

#4 Sep 25, 2008
We used to love Book It.
Bill Clinton

Windham, ME

#5 Sep 26, 2008
Pizza Hut gives me explosive diahrea

“Communism. It's everywhere!”

Since: May 08

Lockport, NY

#6 Sep 26, 2008
We are very fortunate in this area. I would guess we have the most mom and pop pizza operations in the country. When I was traveling on business for seven years all I would see is Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesar, etc. Buffalo and Niagara Falls are the best places for pizza in the USA.

OK...I'll concede that there are some excellent places in NYC and Boston.

The Commie

Lockport, NY

#7 Sep 26, 2008
Relieved wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the CEO DID need a new Lamborghini Reventón... Where did you think THAT money was coming from??
Relieved,

A classic case of taking money out of the business. I'll bet he's the type of guy that will look at his managers and employees with a straight face and tell them "There will be no raises this year. The company didn't make any money" Then drive off in that Lamborghini. That's why I started my own gig. I couldn't tolerate BS such as this.

The Commie
high prices

AOL

#8 Sep 26, 2008
I stop going to pizza hut years ago.Could not afford it.Prices way to high.I'm not cheap but pizza hut was out of control with there high prices.
Ray

Buffalo, NY

#9 Sep 26, 2008
Nice thing about Buffalo and surrounding areas.. tons of local Taco, Sub and Pizza joints that make a far better pie than Pizza Hut's grase sheet.
Lisa Scott

Niagara Falls, NY

#10 Sep 26, 2008
To say I am bummed would be an understatement, I think I'll need professional help to see me through this one.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#11 Sep 26, 2008
I'm sure the CEO like most is overpaid but the root cause of business failure in New York is New York. Every time you turn around you are facing another bill for taxes or insurance. We have antique labor laws in place that are no longer applicable, exorbitant insurance rates, unemployment for people that don't want to work, workers comp for people don't want to work but can fake injury, politicians owned by labor organizations - the list is endless. Look at the 'unions only' requirement to work on government projects in Buffalo. Marinelli and Kennedy remind me of those women on street corners selling themselves to the highest bidder. They pushed this through because they are owned by the unions and don't care if they violate your constitutional rights in doing so. I'm sure there will be a number of people celebrating when crooked politicians start taking bullets.
YaYaHood

Buffalo, NY

#12 Sep 26, 2008
Maybe not so.. WNY has some of the best pizza anywhere, even NYC.
Ever order pizza in PA, Canada, OH, Fla... you get the idea..
There's a place called Mangias or something like that in Allegany, not to mention Rennas...
What about that shack on the corner over by Bryant (well around there...) in Bflo...
Pizza Hut can't touch this stuff!

It's like ordering wings anywhere outside of WNY.. it just isn't cricket.
Kevin O Connell

Purchase, NY

#13 Sep 26, 2008
Lisa Scott wrote:
To say I am bummed would be an understatement, I think I'll need professional help to see me through this one.

You're bummed? Imagine how I feel?
Mylous Hairston

Buffalo, NY

#14 Sep 26, 2008
as long as they dont close KFC, I'm cool
Dude

Buffalo, NY

#15 Sep 26, 2008
thenycommie wrote:
We are very fortunate in this area. I would guess we have the most mom and pop pizza operations in the country. When I was traveling on business for seven years all I would see is Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesar, etc. Buffalo and Niagara Falls are the best places for pizza in the USA.
OK...I'll concede that there are some excellent places in NYC and Boston.
The Commie
Good point. So many Mom & Pop pizza joints in Buffalo that make better pizza.
REAL king of op

East Aurora, NY

#16 Sep 26, 2008
Rich wrote:
I been going to Pizza Hut for a long time located on the corner of Main And Union Streets in Olean on wednesday for the all you can eat buffet but it got to the point where they raised there prices quite a bit so I stopped going there,also if you called them and learned about how much it would cost for a pizza to be delivered to your home there prices were quite higher then the other pizza places here in Olean who delivered.Maybe if they would of kept there prices down they wouldn't have to close those locations and the service on the all you can eat buffet wasn't good because the thicker pizza which was better was hardly out majority of the time.Either you would have to ask one of the waitresses when it was going to be put out or just sit there and wait and there were several times I went there at the start of the buffet and there was nothing there to eat as far as pizza goes.When you go to a place that has the all you can eat buffet the food should be there when you come in.You shouldn't have to wait for it.
that's why i always ordered from " on the side " or " fox's " in portville when i lived there .
Rich Newberg

AOL

#17 Sep 26, 2008
as long as they don't close steves pig & ox
REAL king of op

East Aurora, NY

#18 Sep 26, 2008
thenycommie wrote:
<quoted text>
Relieved,
A classic case of taking money out of the business. I'll bet he's the type of guy that will look at his managers and employees with a straight face and tell them "There will be no raises this year. The company didn't make any money" Then drive off in that Lamborghini. That's why I started my own gig. I couldn't tolerate BS such as this.
The Commie
we have one of those guys where i work .
$5,000 watch , talkin' about his vacation to macronesia @$10,000 per head , big ass custom truck , etc......i hate them corporate ass kissers .

Lockport, NY

#19 Sep 26, 2008
REAL king of op wrote:
<quoted text>we have one of those guys where i work .
$5,000 watch , talkin' about his vacation to macronesia @$10,000 per head , big **** custom truck , etc......i hate them corporate **** kissers .
Real king of op,

When I was in the corporate world people used to ask me where I went on vacation. I told them nowhere I just hung out and watched TV (even though I didn't). There were two reasons. If I told my boss that I went to Europe he would think I didn't need a raise. If I told the people under me I went to Europe but couldn't give them a raise, they'd resent me. All things considered it's best that people at work know as little about you as possible. Of course I took it to an extreme. When they asked my wife's name I would tell them Mrs. Commie. When my wife got into a car accident the office sent a card to my wife in the hospital with get well Mrs. Commie because nobody knew her first name! LOL! Then I took her to a company picnic...the line was Hello Commie Hello Mrs. Commie!!!!

The Commie
The Real Napster

Delevan, NY

#20 Sep 26, 2008
There is no way the Grand Island location struggled for business. Every time we went in there it was a mob scene especially in the summer with Fantasy Island right next door. With that store the only plausible reason was they found the building/location was worth alot more than they were getting out of sales. Too bad, we'll miss it. The Kenmore store is closeby however.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 min Problem Solver 20,973
When dating a Colombian man, what are some info... (Sep '13) Sat Coffee savings 36
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Sat joe smith 10
Gay Skype Fun (Aug '15) Fri Kevin 37
Buffalo NY - Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents an... (Nov '13) Fri jbohacek 17
Ghetto assed names in the news (Nov '16) Fri Ken 15
News Former prime minister, a U.S. citizen, wins Som... Feb '17 lol 1

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages