Will New York's budget woes hurt effo...

Will New York's budget woes hurt efforts to eliminate Grand Isl...

There are 34 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Will New York's budget woes hurt efforts to eliminate Grand Isl.... In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

A bleak financial future for New York State has some concerned about the push to take down the tolls at the Grand Island bridges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
delevan

Buffalo, NY

#21 Aug 1, 2008
delevan wrote:
<quoted text> He has a pretty aide making $186,000 a year. He is a lifelong downstate professional politician. He SUCKS.
I should have said pretty, young, white, and female aide. Is Patterson up to his old infidelity stunts AGAIN? Maybe it just goes with the office, right Eliot?
Robin Trenee Trigg

Weston, MA

#22 Aug 1, 2008
Is Patterson cutting back on his salary. I think we have earned the right to our wages or funds...It's like the Gov. is making friends with my worst enemy...He should scope more subjectively.
Silver Stag

Buffalo, NY

#23 Aug 1, 2008
If Patterson "practices what he preaches" he'll be the VERY FIRST POLITITION in HISTORY that does.
delevan

Buffalo, NY

#24 Aug 1, 2008
Silver Stag wrote:
If Patterson "practices what he preaches" he'll be the VERY FIRST POLITITION in HISTORY that does.
Silver, I hope you don't plan to hold your breath! Pander-son is a hack A$$hat. Spitzer chose him because he was black, handicapped, and from Harlem/NYC. "Let him who is most sincere, slash his salary first".
delevan

Buffalo, NY

#25 Aug 1, 2008
****Drop the 'hes' from ashes, add a second 's', and follow the 'a' double 's' with the word 'hat'. Now does WIVB feel better?
Debbie from Derby

AOL

#26 Aug 1, 2008
I am so outraged with NYS government trying to take everything away from the people they are supposed to serve when they continue to line their own pockets with OUR tax monies. We were not born with silver spoons in our mouths, and most middle and poorer class persons have NEVER had the priviledges the politicians in Albany work only to preserve. What happened to government "For the PEOPLE by the PEOLE" and not the elite few that look out only for themselves? Let New York State Executive Government in Albany ONLY downsize by 10% THEIR FAT AND THEIR FLUFF, and our state deficits will be more than covered. It's getting to the point where honest and hard working people are way over their capabilities of keeping their heads above water financially in New York State. If I were Queen, I'd fire every single current politician and start over with honest, decent people who would work for the poeple. I'd make them sign a statement before they took office, swearing they would work for the benefit of ALL in this state, and if they were ever found to be dishonest in ANY way, they'd be terminated immediately with NO compensation. There's not much more our decent, hard working and honest citizens can take in this state.
Scott WNY

Rochester, NY

#27 Aug 1, 2008
Gov. Patterson has a 28 year old bimbo making $175,000 as his press secretary? What an insult to any government employee who's lucky to make a third of that after a lifetime of service! It's all in who you know .....
Dale Volker

AOL

#28 Aug 2, 2008
NYS govt is fine just the way it is.
No cuts are needed.
We can just raise your taxes again.
Bend over you ignorameous.
I love ya all! After all I've been in office over 30 yrs. You keep voting for me!
tom

United States

#29 Aug 2, 2008
I don't know how you can cut the DOT budget,the bridges are falling apart,the roads are in lousey shape,where did all the bond money go? Most of it went to the Albany area and beyond,Erie and Chautauqua counties got very little. I-86 is in terrible shape in Chautaqua County,you only hear from the politicians when it comes to election time. All of sudden with budget crisis they are proposing this cut and that cut,why didn't they bring it up before!!! The gas prices continue to climb,now natural gas prices are going to climb for the winter,and our elected leaders can do nothing!!
Bill

United States

#30 Aug 2, 2008
What we have here is the classic example of blacks playing the race card. They feel whitey owes them, BS.You look any place or region where blacks have entered power, they go right to the hog trough. Look at South Africa. The blacks got power, razed and burned the farms, sold the tin off the barn roofs, made the farms inoperable, New York State is the same thing. The governor says he is legally blind, yet can see well enough to throw out a baseball at a Mets game. He can see well enough to get his black cronies into high paying jobs, talk about pigs at the trough. Buffalo has a black mayor, police commissioner, who knows what the hell else. It is getting worse all the time, politicians who work against their state , covering their asses with speakeasy and bull-shit.
The lost land

Lansdale, PA

#31 Aug 2, 2008
For whatever it is worth, Buffalo and the Niagara Region have failed miserably when it comes down to what works for the people of WNY.Politically, they fail because...

<UL>
<LI>They can't decide on a bridge design and waste millions looking at proposals.
<LI>Increase temporary taxes whenever budgets fail.
<LI>Continously rape the working class.
<LI>Wonder in amazement why there is a migration out of WNY
</UL>
RAY DOG MARKHAMS NY

AOL

#32 Aug 2, 2008
That's real good Risa Heller making $175,000 a year!!! It's only $3365+ per week?? WHY !!That's the problem with NEW YORK STATE Keep on raising taxes (sales tax) GAS Taxes and so on How far is this gonna go!! Keep on paying taxes for our elected officals
smokey

AOL

#33 Aug 22, 2008
old nt guy wrote:
NEVER in a million years. Why doesn't he give back his salary? He does not need it, all his expenses a covered by perqs.
who is the "old nt guy?"
smokey

AOL

#34 Aug 22, 2008
who is the "old nt guy?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr trumpy 20,310
Dad a DP? Ford Plant?Gone are the Days. Tell th... 12 hr Zeke the Pinhead 1
jaesea jones jason mickens? Sat Kilhoffer Street ... 3
Ford Stamping Plant Hamburg , NY (Oct '11) Sat lake bay boy 55
News D.C.'s Essential Bagels May 27 Zeke the Pinhead 5
More Nunnery Tales? Ask the Pinhead May 27 Zeke the Pinhead 6
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... May 26 Brandon 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages