Farmer claims innocence

Farmer claims innocence

There are 193 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Farmer claims innocence. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

A Grand Island farmer accused of animal cruelty, faced a judge Wednesday night. Peter Sparks appeared for his arraignment on charges that he neglected animals at his trading post stable.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
RealistState

New London, CT

#189 Sep 24, 2008
Deborah Rose wrote:
Ummm... is this Kate Gilbert? Anyway, a man we fired a few years back bred our mustang to Black Jack without permission when no one was here. The foal, now a 5 year old dapple grey gelding, is amazing. The mare I ride now was also born and raised here by me, she is now 10, out of a mare I owned. Sparky was also born here and is now 9 and is Tina's horse. Peter is not into breeding but if we who own our personal horses (not owned by Peter) want our mare to have a foal, that is our perrogative, to all of you out there that feel it is any of your business. Black Jacks owner gives us that right. And, thanks Kate, for your support, sincerely.
You're within your rights as long as you guys are willing to take care of the foal for the rest of it's life. Otherwise, you're just another BYB (back yard breeder) adding to the burgeoning population of unwanted horses.

Since: Jun 08

United States

#190 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
You're within your rights as long as you guys are willing to take care of the foal for the rest of it's life. Otherwise, you're just another BYB (back yard breeder) adding to the burgeoning population of unwanted horses.
Very sad but so true...
Buffalo Billy

Buffalo, NY

#191 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
You're within your rights as long as you <SNIP>
End of sentence there, toots. The rest is simply NOYB.

Go get a hobby or get laid and get a life. Your attempt at controlling the world is doomed to failure -- but then you've already seen that reality, haven't you?

HTH
BIE
GFAG
FOAD
RealistState

New London, CT

#192 Sep 24, 2008
Buffalo Billy wrote:
End of sentence there, toots. The rest is simply NOYB.
Go get a hobby or get laid and get a life. Your attempt at controlling the world is doomed to failure -- but then you've already seen that reality, haven't you?
HTH
BIE
GFAG
FOAD
Not when others have to clean up the mess by BYB.
(unless of course your for a welfare state). But thank you adding your level of intellect to an otherwise intelligent discussion.
Buffalo Billy Babe

Buffalo, NY

#193 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when others have to clean up the mess by<SNIP>
NOYB. You've cleaned up nada and your opinions are work as much.

Thanks for playing but FOAD now. Or, hey, scresm, "I'M A SORE LOSER" some more so we can all LOAO at you.

I bet every single one of your neighbors hate your guts thoroughly.

Since: Aug 08

Windham, ME

#194 Sep 24, 2008
Lusitano Epiphany wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why were the horses so thin? And why were the sheep so thin? Someone for the of Pete (no, not THAT Pete) clear this up for me.
And so help me, if one more person says "Because they're olldddd!" or "Because we JUST got them"....
##########There models for Vanity Farm,Pethouse,Rustler,and Playtoy.Com ing soon Pigs gone Wild..........
teacher

Buffalo, NY

#195 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when others have to clean up the mess by BYB.
(unless of course your for a welfare state).
Speaking of levels of intellect... don't you mean "you're" not "your"?

Good luck on your next GED attempt, dearie. Write again when you're smart.
RealistState

Colchester, CT

#196 Sep 24, 2008
Buffalo Billy Babe wrote:
<quoted text>
NOYB. You've cleaned up nada and your opinions are work as much.
Thanks for playing but FOAD now. Or, hey, scresm, "I'M A SORE LOSER" some more so we can all LOAO at you.
I bet every single one of your neighbors hate your guts thoroughly.
LMAO...you're so funny. Nice grammar!! BTW, what is scresm?

In any event, I didn't think I would have to explain the damage that backyard breeders cause, but apparently it's not getting through to you, and probably never will.

But again, I thank you for your contribution to such such a serious discussion!! Hopefully none of htese horse end up on Craig list.

But agai
RealistState

Colchester, CT

#197 Sep 24, 2008
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of levels of intellect... don't you mean "you're" not "your"?
Good luck on your next GED attempt, dearie. Write again when you're smart.
LOL...I can't control myself!! Laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. You're a laugh a minute! Seriously, call "Comedy Central". You may have a budding career there, my friend!

BTW, with all those letters you type, I'm sure you must have a PhD after your name.

How's the criminal case going? Did it get thrown out yet?
Deborah Rose

Buffalo, NY

#198 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
Please re-read my statement...we personally own those horses which we (Tina and myself) already raised and they are 5, 9 and 10 years old, which means they are not part of an unwanted group of horses. They are privately owned, therefore, wanted. They are not rode by anyone but us, fyi.
RealistState

Colchester, CT

#199 Sep 24, 2008
Deborah Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Please re-read my statement...we personally own those horses which we (Tina and myself) already raised and they are 5, 9 and 10 years old, which means they are not part of an unwanted group of horses. They are privately owned, therefore, wanted. They are not rode by anyone but us, fyi.
I did read that, and I believe I commended you for keeping the foals and not trying to sell them. As I mentioned, and as I'm sure you know, there is a plethora of unwanted horses as a result of indiscriminate breeding practice. And judging the quality of the stallions that are being used, there should be a lot more geldings being performed.
teacher

Buffalo, NY

#200 Sep 24, 2008
RealistState wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I can't control myself!! Laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. You're a laugh a minute! Seriously, call "Comedy Central". You may have a budding career there, my friend!
BTW, with all those letters you type, I'm sure you must have a PhD after your name.
How's the criminal case going? Did it get thrown out yet?
Two rambling, insane replies to the same post. My, my, my, your panties are sure bunched up your arse but good, aren't they?

Thank you for the gift of your insanity.

HAND, dearie. I'm sure everyone you meet loathes you beyond description but then that's your (note spelling) burden to bear, isn't it? As the young folks would say, "it sure sucks to be YOU". <SMIRK>
RealistState

Colchester, CT

#201 Sep 25, 2008
teacher wrote:
Two rambling, insane replies to the same post. My, my, my, your panties are sure bunched up your **** but good, aren't they?
Thank you for the gift of your insanity.
HAND, dearie. I'm sure everyone you meet loathes you beyond description but then that's your (note spelling) burden to bear, isn't it? As the young folks would say, "it sure sucks to be YOU". <SMIRK>
Oh teacher, teacher , teacher....you bring so much to the table now don't you. Not sure what you're doing, although you are amusing.

I assume you're responding in defense of Mr Sparks treatment of his animals? I also assume you can read, but I'm not sure you can process complex thoughts. You should re-read the judges ruling in the civil case. To paraphrase the judge, the only reason Mr Sparks has his animals back is that the SPCA did not have room to take care of them. If they had the ruling would have gone the other way. You may "define" that as a "win" (in a limited reality sort of way), but the vast majority of the thinking public see it as a draw. Besides, the SPCA will be monitoring them, so I guess you can think of the Trading Post as an extension to the SPCA facility.

Have a nice day, dear!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 min mexico 20,998
Buffalo NY - Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents an... (Nov '13) 15 hr joanNYadoptees 19
Cellino & Barnes TV Ad (Oct '10) 16 hr Harrydcat 95
Is Tbird coocoo for Cocoa Puffs? 22 hr yknow 3
Only homosexual men study Library Science 22 hr your book is overdue 38
punK (Mar '15) Mon PunK 2
News Former prime minister, a U.S. citizen, wins Som... Feb '17 lol 1

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages