Buffalo Police Officer Patty Parete T...

Buffalo Police Officer Patty Parete To Get Custom Vehicle

There are 42 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 24, 2007, titled Buffalo Police Officer Patty Parete To Get Custom Vehicle. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Buffalo Police Officer Patty Parete is now back home in Western New York after months of therapy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WILLIAM DIXON

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 25, 2007
I think this is a wonderful gift for her. She is a brave person and Deserves this vehicle to get around Buffalo and should be awarded The Bravest of Western New York. The reason why I think she should be awarded this is because she has been through so much.
Hockey Girl

United States

#3 Oct 25, 2007
That is so awesome!! I know that it will help her healing process both physically and mentally. Best of luck, Patty
mom to four

Ontario, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2007
Great news. It's wonderful to see her start to live her life again. I'm sure it's uplifting to her to know the community she served cares so much about her. Prayers for continued progress
MIKMAKMOM

Elma, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2007
Wonderful idea - anything to make her life easier.
Marg

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2007
It's wonderful to see people come together for a good officer and person!
TROOPERS WIFE

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2007
Awesome! God Bless!
Tom

Wilmington, DE

#11 Oct 25, 2007
They gave her a wheelchair she can operate with her chin......She has a long road ahead of her.
Best of luck!

Since: Sep 07

BUFFALO, NEW YORK

#13 Oct 25, 2007
The City of Good Neighbors continues to live up to it's name. Good Luck Patty!!
Andy

Buffalo, NY

#14 Oct 25, 2007
I think its an EXCELLENT use of taxpayer money to fund the remaining balance of the vehicle. Its just a matter of doing the right thing.
Citizen of Niagara County

United States

#15 Oct 25, 2007
It is wonderful to hear good news. Hopefully Officer Parete will continue her awsome recovery.
loves summer

Wilmington, DE

#16 Oct 25, 2007
awesome - and I love the nice positive responses. Patty - You go girl.....Work hard and get out of that chair
Carlie Buffalo ny

Buffalo, NY

#17 Oct 25, 2007
I wonder if I was hurt on my job, if this city would buy me a vehicle to get aorund with??? doesn't she get ins thorugh work...I mean come on they had how many fundraisers for her???? I am not being smart but if that was you or I we would have to suffer!!!! enough said
Jason

Dunkirk, NY

#18 Oct 25, 2007
Don't you get it? It's all publicity stunts. "Oh look at what we did to help out" blah blah.

All she did was get injured on her job. How many hundreds of other blue collar workers are injured daily around Western New York without any media fanfare?

Quick questions, how many construction workers have been KILLED (not injured) this year alone?
What about teachers that are beaten up in schools here from thugs? Any fundraisers for their families?
Carlie Buffalo ny wrote:
I wonder if I was hurt on my job, if this city would buy me a vehicle to get aorund with??? doesn't she get ins thorugh work...I mean come on they had how many fundraisers for her???? I am not being smart but if that was you or I we would have to suffer!!!! enough said
Carlie Buffalo ny

Buffalo, NY

#19 Oct 25, 2007
Jason wrote:
Don't you get it? It's all publicity stunts. "Oh look at what we did to help out" blah blah.
All she did was get injured on her job. How many hundreds of other blue collar workers are injured daily around Western New York without any media fanfare?
Quick questions, how many construction workers have been KILLED (not injured) this year alone?
What about teachers that are beaten up in schools here from thugs? Any fundraisers for their families?
<quoted text>
I am glad I am not the onlyone who feels this way, your right what about all the others who were killed, but for some reason they are taking this situation to a higher level.
Andy

Buffalo, NY

#20 Oct 25, 2007
I love how you spin it around to yourself. Teachers being beaten up by thugs is in the same vein as what Patty faced, but sorry, getting hurt at your blue collar job is a little different than taking a bullet as a cop. Get off your horse whiners.
Jason

Dunkirk, NY

#21 Oct 26, 2007
How many punks carried guns inside of schools? How is this any different?

Where & how do you see a spin on this to myself?
Andy wrote:
I love how you spin it around to yourself. Teachers being beaten up by thugs is in the same vein as what Patty faced, but sorry, getting hurt at your blue collar job is a little different than taking a bullet as a cop. Get off your horse whiners.
sick of it

Medina, NY

#22 Oct 26, 2007
First, what happened to Officer Parete is a shame and it's too bad they can't rip the spine out of the animal who did it and give it to her so she could walk again. Second, I'm very happy she is making positve progress. HOWEVER, it is not a surprise that her case would receive so much attention while others are ignored. She has become something of a cause celebre for numerous factions. The PBA loves it because they can point to her and say "look how dangerous our job is, we need more money". The leftists in the media love it because she is a woman (and a lesbian too!!)succeeding in a male dominated profession and she suffered devestaing setback she's working to come back from- Lifetime couldn't make up a better story. As far as I'm concerned, it's all good as long as all this attention helps her and brings attention to the types of challenges people with her type of injury are facing every day. Unfortunately, this is WNY, so eventually the whole thing will become nothing more than a tool used to advance someone's political agenda.
Hockey Girl

United States

#23 Oct 26, 2007
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite obvious that you do not have a loved one that works in law enforcement. What you are saying that it's all right for our men and women in uniform get shot at? It's part of the job...that's what they are paid to do. But someone who works in a factory or on a construction site, they become injured, we should feel sorry for them? How does their job compare to those of a police office, sheriffs deputy or state trooper? When you can find a comparision, please enlighten us, and I will apologize. Until then, I suggest that you look up the definitions of Workers' Compensation and Disability and apply that to a blue collar worker because that's what they receive when they are injured on the job
MIKMAKMOM

Elma, NY

#24 Oct 26, 2007
Carlie Buffalo ny wrote:
Do you stand infront of loaded guns at your job? Doubt it.
MIKMAKMOM

Elma, NY

#25 Oct 26, 2007
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I'm guessing police officers have a more dangerous job then the teachers. I know teachers get hurt in fights and yes students do carry guns to school - but police officers get shot so much more and they are there to protect us. I know Carl Andolina (never met Patty) he is a respectable man and I just as grateful for his work as I am our soldiers work. They are here to protect us, if one gets shot in the process and they give her a car because of money they raised who am I to judge that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr TN Voter 20,083
Thanking the Black Community 5 hr Mike Wezowski 3
News Britney Spears' 16-Year-Old Sister Pregnant (Dec '07) 6 hr Buck Rohde 148
The New york scratch off 7 hr Victum of fraud 58
News Department of Environmental Conservation lookin... (Jul '08) 23 hr anonymous 3
News 3 found dead in NY from apparent drug overdoses (Jun '09) Sat joe smuckitelli 19
Poll Where is Eddy O and Billy O? Sat tbird19482 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages