WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Multi-car ...

WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Multi-car rollover on Grand Island

There are 35 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from May 22, 2008, titled WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Multi-car rollover on Grand Island. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Several people have been injured and Mercy Flight is taking victims to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
funnyguy

Camden, ME

#1 May 22, 2008
I have traveled that area & to me some one ran a stop sign & they are clearly exposed so no one can say the sign is obstructed Its plain stopsign running which is common in western NY ALL by IDIOTS
the older sister

Buffalo, NY

#2 May 22, 2008
funnyguy wrote:
I have traveled that area & to me some one ran a stop sign & they are clearly exposed so no one can say the sign is obstructed Its plain stopsign running which is common in western NY ALL by IDIOTS
you have know idiea what its like to see ur nephew and ur sister laying in a bed bleeding and cring and getting sick and so on u were not there u have know idea whos fault it was and u need to watch what u say because you never know who is reading these things you dont know how she feels and you dont know how are family feels so you need to chill with calling people idiots she feels qiulty and she will probley never drive again but she dont need people making her feel even worse and all this is said by the swanson family so any body that has some stupid to say please keep it to ur self because you just dont know
the older sister

Buffalo, NY

#3 May 22, 2008
it was my sister and newphew that were in that car and people you may have something stupid to say but keep it to ur self you dont see them in the hospital u dont see there injuries you dont see ur feel the families pain so do me a favor and the family a favor think hoe u would feel if that was ur kid and ur famil lying in the hopital and wondering if they are going to pull through
Ron

AOL

#4 May 23, 2008
Leave it alone Brit the people on here that bash and comment with no clue are not worth your worry. You just worry about that beautiful baby and we are all praying for your sister, christopher and the others.
Big Tex

United States

#5 May 23, 2008
its called driving with your headupyourass
An Islander

Buffalo, NY

#6 May 23, 2008
I live right there and watch drivers blow the stop sign off all of the time. Prehaps there needs to be better signage or at least a flashing yellow light on Baseline. The speed limit on fix is 35MPH and you must people exceed that. It is very sad for that family. I hope everyone is okay. Last year around this time I was in my driveway saying goodbye to my mother and sister and we watched a young kid slightly pause and then sail through stop sign. Needless to say he hit someone traveling on Baseline and ended up with his car upside down. My Mother and Sister ran to aid and I called 911. The young kid lived down the street all his life and just was stupid and being an absent-minded teenager. The police need to enforce traffic better in that area.
mch

Chester, VA

#7 May 23, 2008
Drivers are careless on Grand Island. They are also environmentally irresponsible as they think the roads are garbage cans. Maybe the town can do something about cleaning this place up. Litter and trimming overgrown brush and trees rather than coffee breaks. how about a sweeper for the bike trails too!!
m on the rock

Chester, VA

#8 May 23, 2008
I see all the comments from family and residents (I am one). I agree that police enforcement is needed but what about the DMV giving a PRACTICAL driving test in traffic instead of deserted roads?? Even I am scared to drive nowadays with all of these people ignoring traffic laws (i.e. signage, speed limit, right of way)...you can't even WALK across a street anymore and be safe!
chad

Buffalo, NY

#9 May 23, 2008
Big Tex wrote:
its called driving with your headupyourass
u no its a shame that people have no heart its a sad day when in sted of comeing togather and praying for that littli boy his mom and jason u have dumb comments well i guess if u have no one in your live that u love u cant understand!!!! so u say things like this

to kristy/christopher/jason u r in my prayers and we all love u
Tired Taxpayer

Buffalo, NY

#10 May 23, 2008
chad wrote:
<quoted text>
u no its a shame that people have no heart its a sad day when in sted of comeing togather and praying for that littli boy his mom and jason u have dumb comments well i guess if u have no one in your live that u love u cant understand!!!! so u say things like this
to kristy/christopher/jason u r in my prayers and we all love u
Does anyone know how to spell or speak properly anymore?
funnyguy

Camden, ME

#11 May 23, 2008
the older sister wrote:
it was my sister and newphew that were in that car and people you may have something stupid to say but keep it to ur self you dont see them in the hospital u dont see there injuries you dont see ur feel the families pain so do me a favor and the family a favor think hoe u would feel if that was ur kid and ur famil lying in the hopital and wondering if they are going to pull through
CRY me a river lady If some one runs a stop sign so it be Was youre sister the cause of it ??? the news said police know some one ran the sign dont go crying about a true report go cry me a river
funnyguy

Camden, ME

#12 May 23, 2008
Big Tex wrote:
its called driving with your headupyourass
THANK you it confirms my post thanks
John

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 May 23, 2008
I read some of your comments and I have to say, some of you are just a bunch of "know it all" jerks. Funnyguy, I have other names for you; get a life. You have bits of informationn, knowing nothing of the truth, and suddenly you know exactly what happend. Your such an authority. First off,(and I know this for fact)she never ran the stop sign, she did stop. Second, someone in the news reported she was reaching back to give the baby a bottle, not true. Regardless of what happened, five people have been hurt in an accident, two serious. My god, what is wrong with some of you people. Shouldn't we be thankful there were not more with serious injuries. Shouldn't we be thankful that it wasn't worse
older sister

Buffalo, NY

#14 May 23, 2008
funnyguy wrote:
<quoted text>THANK you it confirms my post thanks
if u believe everything on the news then u know nothing she was not the cause and she did not run the stop sign and i know the truth hello im related to her and i have talk to the cops and there was a witness so if u wont to say something so stupid then u have no feelings what so ever. so i hope that carma is good with u and nothing like this happens to u or to some one u know then u will know how it feels and maybe then u will get a heart so keep ur mouth shut
older sister

Buffalo, NY

#15 May 23, 2008
John wrote:
I read some of your comments and I have to say, some of you are just a bunch of "know it all" jerks. Funnyguy, I have other names for you; get a life. You have bits of informationn, knowing nothing of the truth, and suddenly you know exactly what happend. Your such an authority. First off,(and I know this for fact)she never ran the stop sign, she did stop. Second, someone in the news reported she was reaching back to give the baby a bottle, not true. Regardless of what happened, five people have been hurt in an accident, two serious. My god, what is wrong with some of you people. Shouldn't we be thankful there were not more with serious injuries. Shouldn't we be thankful that it wasn't worse
i dont know who u are i dont think but i wonted to say think you for stand up for the truth and my family no one could ever know what my sister and nephew went through
John

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 May 23, 2008
Jason is my nephew and some of these people make me mad.
Lindsey

East Amherst, NY

#17 May 23, 2008
I'm sorry, you don't HAVE to give your son a bottle. He was probably crying, and instead of waiting until the car wasnt moving, she turned around causing this accident. I think its a bunch of you know what. But I hope everyone is okay.
Lindsey

Buffalo, NY

#18 May 23, 2008
Oh and add to it, if she had a passenger in the car, why couldnt he give the bottle to the baby? Just sounds like it was a bad decision that ended up in a nasty accident.
older sister

Buffalo, NY

#19 May 23, 2008
Lindsey wrote:
Oh and add to it, if she had a passenger in the car, why couldnt he give the bottle to the baby? Just sounds like it was a bad decision that ended up in a nasty accident.
ok i am getting tired of righting the same thing over and over people you need to lisen she stopped at the stop sign gave him the bottle jason told then to go so she went think it was a four way stop jason then relized the car was not going to stop he un did his seat belt and held the baby in the seat know by him doing that he saved his life and he saved the babys life the pitchers that you have seen of the car is nothing comepared to what it really looks like and in the inside so jason thank u for saving by baby newphew i will never let him forget what you did so people please im asking u just stop because it was know ones fault it was an accident and yes the baby is ok hes at home but my sister and her friend are still there and people its called rumors and the only way you can find out the truth is by the people that were there and by the cops not by the news they try blaming it on sum body and think how you felt when a rumor started up about you
big sister

Buffalo, NY

#20 May 23, 2008
and if people still wont to say stuff leave me the numbers and you can say it to me in stead of writing bc its real easy to write something but its harder to actually say to the person so lets see how big you really are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Collision Master LLC 4 min BODY SHOP 4
NEW! Kingsmen MC Top Ten List! MUST READ! (Nov '08) 27 min TheWeaponsystem 121
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 3 hr Joe Guy 77
Sabby Santarpia 11 hr Seriously 2
A Buffalo Favorite! 13 hr AnotherOne BitesT... 1
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 15 hr Ibid 158
Memorial Day Tue NAM VET BIKER 6
More from around the web

Grand Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]