Charges Will Be Dismissed Against Hoc...

Charges Will Be Dismissed Against Hockey Dad

There are 165 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Jul 24, 2007, titled Charges Will Be Dismissed Against Hockey Dad. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

He was only trying to protect his son, but Charles Schmidl ended up being charged with harassment and endangering the welfare of a child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Ann

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 24, 2007
Here...here! The mother has come to her senses.
Holly from Clarence

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jul 24, 2007
That's the first decent thing the mother has done regarding this situation.
Peter C from Lancaster

Hamburg, NY

#6 Jul 24, 2007
It's about freakin time!! What a terrible waste of time for everyone. The Pepsi center needs to have people watching the ice at all times as this would have never been an issue if someone in charge would have saw what was happening.
Andy - East Aurora

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jul 24, 2007
Congratulations Mr. Schmidl,

Sorry you had to go thru that ordeal. If any of my kids treat you the same way, you have my blessing to kick their rear ends.
Karen

AOL

#8 Jul 24, 2007
Maybe Charlene Van Dusen will learn not to be so sue happy. Hopefully this will teach her a lesson.
Scot

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jul 24, 2007
She knew in the end that her piece of crap son would have to testify what an idiot he is. She would have lost both the criminal trial and the lawsuit. As far as the charges go, Amherst PD should have squashed the situation from the begining and never filed the charges.
E Amherst

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2007
kudos to the mother. her son and the other kids father were both at fault. admit it, shake hands and move on
Jamie Lynn

Dunkirk, NY

#11 Jul 24, 2007
It's about time somebody took a stand against these arrogant little brats. Charlene should discipline her child and she won't have to leave it up to someone else. This little brat could have seriously hurt someone! Does anyone know this kid personally? Is he mentally ill to act like that or just a severe behaviorial problem?
Ha Ha

Lancaster, NY

#12 Jul 24, 2007
It's about time that this crazy lady got what she deserves. Maybe Charlene should think about buying lottery tickets instead of creating bogus lawsuits to get rich! Her family must be so ashamed! Child services should be knocking on her door!
Charlene

Lancaster, NY

#13 Jul 24, 2007
Anyone that knows this lady should be careful. It sounds like she will sue everyone in an attempt to make a buck! This is the kind of girl your folks warned you about!
Ann

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2007
About time she drops it.She should have dropped kick her kid in the butt when this started!
Ha Ha

Lancaster, NY

#15 Jul 24, 2007
kudos to the mother? If she was watching her kid and not doingwho knows what this wouldn't have ever happened. Crappy mother = crappy kid. This lady has a proven history and I'm sure she was looking for an opportunity like this.
scammer

Lancaster, NY

#16 Jul 24, 2007
people like Charlene Van Dusen, aka Charlene Obrien, aka Charlene Guercio should be locked up. They serve no useful purpose in society other than keep lawyers busy. I think I won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes!
Her Turn

Lancaster, NY

#17 Jul 24, 2007
It sounds like the Mom needs to concentrate on being a better parent and not a lawyers best customer.
More detail

Lancaster, NY

#18 Jul 24, 2007
This is also the same lady who's step son was drunk driving on Grand Island, crashed and killed his friend! Great parenting!
Emma - Wellsville

United States

#19 Jul 24, 2007
It all boils down to being responsible. Parents need to take responsibility for their kids, especially when out in public. You can't assume they are always doing the right thing. Maybe a few
swats to this kid's backside would make him think twice the next time he decides to be a disrespectful little brat. What's he going to be like when he's 16 or 18? I hope the Schmidl family can get on with their life and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Jason from Williamsville

North Tonawanda, NY

#20 Jul 24, 2007
Thanks to the power of the internet, this time she couldn't just sue and remain anonymous. Within minutes of posting this story on a local message board had found her home address, home phone number, cell phone number, place of employement, childs school, childs baseball team, childs picture and her entire lawsuit happy history. This included the accusation in court that she was not only addicted to pain killers, but also trafficing in them.

Obviously the attention she got, especially from both her phone numbers being blasted around cyberspace and people calling her to let her know what a complete b1tch she is caused her to re-think her plans.

I'm ashamed that WGRZ refused to cover this story when it broke. It's a sad day when I have to turn to the Buffalo News for news.
Kathy

Fort Wayne, IN

#21 Jul 24, 2007
I am glad the charges were dropped also. I'd like to see this mother of the child who caused this incident be made to reimburse this man his legal fees.

As for the name calling of the child in question, no child is a piece of crap. The profile that is being given of this boy indicates a child with behavior problems and possibly some mental health issues that are being neglected and that is on the parents. These parents were willing to jump at another person who they claimed was harming their son while their neglect is causing him a lifetime of harm.
Pam

Youngstown, NY

#22 Jul 24, 2007
Kathy wrote:
I am glad the charges were dropped also. I'd like to see this mother of the child who caused this incident be made to reimburse this man his legal fees.
As for the name calling of the child in question, no child is a piece of crap. The profile that is being given of this boy indicates a child with behavior problems and possibly some mental health issues that are being neglected and that is on the parents. These parents were willing to jump at another person who they claimed was harming their son while their neglect is causing him a lifetime of harm.
Good point - the Van Dusens should pay more attention to parenting rather than who they can sue next!
Debbie

AOL

#23 Jul 24, 2007
So what other things has this Charlene chick done?

I am sooooooo glad this case is dropped - it was stupid to begin with. Since when aren't adults allowed to control kids? HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE ???? I hope we haven't got to that point in our society.

So really, someone answer me, what else has this Charelen chick done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Heather Waldman Hot or Not? (Apr '17) 7 hr hammerjacks 11
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr hillary 21,294
News The Depression Coach 14 hr Goebbels 25
bob cliffe 17 hr Taxpayer 4
News Schumer Calls Out Pence Prior to WNY Visit Sun quorum 3
News Parole denied for man raping and murdering Sala... (Apr '08) Sun Breaking Good 150
If Buffalo were to get a new name, What would i... Sat Fancy Schmancy 13

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Island Mortgages