Bishops Urge Nebraska Catholics To Pr...

Bishops Urge Nebraska Catholics To Pray For Immigration Reform

There are 34 comments on the Nebraska State paper story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Bishops Urge Nebraska Catholics To Pray For Immigration Reform. In it, Nebraska State paper reports that:

Nebraskaa s 363,000 Catholics are being encouraged by the statea s three bishops to pray for comprehensive immigration reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nebraska State paper.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Redneck Haven

Mesa, AZ

#1 Feb 16, 2009
The Catholic church has no business getting into politics. Yank their tax-exempt status.

I'll pray that immigration reform is not passed. Oh by the way make that 362,999. Don't count me in!

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#2 Feb 16, 2009
Remember next time the collection plate is passed in mass were the funds go to.
They have other worries to take care of first.......K

“Innocent”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Redneck Haven wrote:
The Catholic church has no business getting into politics. Yank their tax-exempt status.
I'll pray that immigration reform is not passed. Oh by the way make that 362,999. Don't count me in!
Yes, how dare anyone urge prayer for anything. The ACLU won't like this one bit.

Btw, can the ACLU count on you for a generous donation?

ha ha ha.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#4 Feb 16, 2009
Fed-up teller quits bank over Mexican IDs
Employee acts to take America back, resigns to stop helping illegals in U.S.

Posted: February 15, 2009
7:38 pm Eastern

Chevy Chase Bank headquarters in Bethesda, Md.

A personal banker in Arlington, Va., is quitting his job after Chevy Chase Bank, one of the largest and best-known banks in the Washington, D.C., region announced it will begin accepting consular cards from customers who many suspect are illegal aliens.

The bank announced its "Hispanic Banking Initiative" during a pilot program and is now accepting Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridads, or MCAS, at all of its branches so customers without U.S. government IDs may open accounts...

An example of AMERICANS TAKING BACK AMERICA!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php...

We the People MUST band together to restore our Constitutional Republic - We have no representation in Washington -

http://www.givemeliberty.org/revolution/

Chicago IL

#5 Feb 16, 2009
Morning
Slim
were ya been?
Doea the A in that stand for anyone but ''A''?
...Tim

Chicago IL

#6 Feb 16, 2009
The
Catholic church needs to clean there own house first!.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Feb 16, 2009
PRAY FOR MASS DEPORTATION!

“Innocent”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 16, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
Morning
Slim
were ya been?
Doea the A in that stand for anyone but ''A''?
...Tim
I've been at Offbeat 'cause whoever is mod at Immigration Reform upsets me.

The A stands for freedom, liberty, pursuit of happiness and the greatest country in the world, i think.

“Innocent”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 16, 2009
Maybe God should have made you Pope?
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Feb 16, 2009
I dont agree with separation between church and state. I dont see any such thing in the constitution. Weve gone from protection of religion to protection from religion.
Saying that, I dissagree with what the catholic church is doing. I dissagree with most of everything they say. To me, reading the bible , they are a cult. I grew up catholic but never read the bible till I got older. They would like people to think Jesus laid down like a rug for everyone to step on. Thats just not true. He had strong boundaries and principles. Most catholics are just everyday people who go along party lines. I see most people doing that in politics.

Chicago IL

#11 Feb 16, 2009
Just Slim wrote:
Maybe God should have made you Pope?
Slim
No that's over my head may be a local alderman would do.........L.O.L.....Tim
Birdbrain

Englewood, CO

#12 Feb 16, 2009
Just Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, how dare anyone urge prayer for anything. The ACLU won't like this one bit.
Btw, can the ACLU count on you for a generous donation?
ha ha ha.
Can you read? Are you a legal resident? I think not! You with no clue as to the ACLU should just keep it buttoned!
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#13 Feb 16, 2009
WHY THE VATICAN STILL HAS A STAKE IN ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

The Vatican has for decades promoted excessive immigration into the U.S., both legal and illegal.

Vast numbers of immigrants are Catholics intended to increase the Vaticans' political influence in our nation. Most Hispanics marching in rallies are pawns of a church that promotes violation of a nations' immigration laws for their self-serving ambitions.

Historically, this organization has manipulated events to serve their greed for power and control over the people and nations.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#14 Feb 16, 2009
Friends of ALIPAC,

We need all of the activism help we can get today to maximize national press coverage and attendance for our California launch of our new national strategy "Unify Against Amnesty 2009"

Please assist our efforts by posting and e-mailing today's press release to any and all national and local press contacts. We need extra copies sent to shows like Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, Bill Oreilly, Neil Cavuto, John and Ken, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, Roger Hedgecock, Michael Savage, Kevin James etc...

The LA and Washington Times could also use extra copies.

Please distribute the updated schedule of events that includes meeting times, locations, and RSVP details.

We would also like to hear from as many Californians as possible if you have suggestions and concerns you would like ALIPAC to address at these meetings and to the national and local media.

Immigration Enforcement Group To Announce Agenda Against Amnesty From California
http://www.alipac.us/article-3985-thread-1-0....

Schedule of Events, Speakers, Locations, Times, Dates, and RSVP Info
http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-144140.html

Let's rally our activists!

The ALIPAC Team
www.alipac.us

- AND -

We the People MUST band together to save and restore our Constitutional Republic for the sake of our children and our Freedoms - We have no representation in Washington DC and NO time to waste -

http://www.givemeliberty.org/revolution/
Rick

Courtland, CA

#15 Feb 22, 2009
Can any other State learn from what has taken place in California, our state is bankrupt paying for illegal immigrants in prisons, hospital's, school's....
Hope

Mesa, AZ

#16 Feb 22, 2009
Oh I'm praying, but not what the Catholic church wasts me to pray. Our state is finally working on immigration related issues!
Concerned U S Citizen

Brighton, CO

#17 Feb 23, 2009
New Stimulus Projections -- At most 3.6 million jobs, while feds import 3.2 million new foreign workers

Two analyses of the just-enacted bill suggest that foreign workers will benefit from either 90% of increased employment due to the nearly-trillion-dollar Stimulus bill.

Or foreign workers will benefit from ALL of the extra employment.

Sound incredible?

Read on ....

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/be...
Howard

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2009
The Bishops are prob child molesters anyways what do ya expect,send the imagrants back where they came from or maybe they will come up missing?
Concerned U S Citizen

Brighton, CO

#19 Mar 4, 2009
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS NEEDED

Urge your Congressmen to Sign a Letter Supporting a 10-year E-Verify Extension
Updated: Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 3:30 PM

For the past several months, certain Members of Congress have been using the extension of E-Verify as a bargaining chip. But now, it's time for Congress to stop fooling around by using E-Verify as a political football. Millions of unemployed Americans are waiting on E-Verify to open up a job for them. Reps. Brian Bilbray and Heath Shuler have written a letter addressed to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Minority Leader John Boehner, urging them to extend E-Verify for 10 years.

Please phone your Senators to ask him/her to sign the letter to Speaker Pelosi and Republican Leader Boehner to ensure that a long-term re-authorization of E-Verify is in the giant spending bill before it goes to Pres. Obama this week.

Find your Senators phone numbers at the link below:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
spud

New York, NY

#21 Mar 4, 2009
I'll pray for their safe return to their country, never to come back. Religion should butt out of politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Island Music Thread (May '12) Sep '17 Musikologist 20
Free land (Aug '17) Aug '17 Looken 1
Cathy Beard murder? (May '09) May '17 razzie 57
Grand Island used to be a great town (Mar '17) Mar '17 The Gerbil 1
Dennis and Shannon Foster (Feb '17) Mar '17 Cassy is Crazy 2
Beastiality (Apr '10) Jan '17 Funmechanic420 36
News Case New Holland lays off 128 in Nebraska (Nov '09) Dec '16 Bam 9

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance