Neb. immigration policy to be focus of hearing

There are 5 comments on the KTIC story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Neb. immigration policy to be focus of hearing. In it, KTIC reports that:

Advocates and critics of state policy addressing immigration are expected to gather at Friday's three-hour hearing at the state Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTIC.

fireeater

Kasson, MN

#1 Dec 13, 2008
I have many friends and family in Nebraska that are in poverty and they cannot get the help or benefits bestowed to immigrants legal or illegal. And in Grand Island,they cannot get into low income housing because refugees are put in front of the Poor American Citizens! If this country cannot take care of it's own citizens, it surely should not bring people in from any other country, that we support with American tax dollars. The packing plant industry needs to stop making the American tax payers responsible for their labor costs. The ones we pay when we have to subsidize housing, food and health care that Americans don't get!! Do these people get checked for HIV and TB before entering this country?
yaya

Cozad, NE

#2 Dec 22, 2008
hey well the thing is we have people from china canda india thailand england germany south america africa austria italy japan and mexico and many other countries not just mexico and they are illegal but have you seen how much revenue illegals bring to the states? Yeah well check because they bring a hell of alot and if they weren't here this country would of been broke a long as time ago instead of now
Hard Working

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jan 1, 2009
With all those women embezzling money in Scottsbluff, Gering and stealing in Bayard,I don't think there is much interest in the jobs that Mexicans come to do. I agree that the immigrants should not get free housing, food stamps, etc. but let's keep in mind that they do the jobs that we don't want to do and will not do as well. Let's face it, we Americans have become very lazy. If I were to hire someone to lay brick on my house, I would go with the hard working Mexican.
fireeater

Kasson, MN

#4 Jan 7, 2009
I would say fraud in welfare benefits and fake ID's in the multiples, would be right up there with imbezzling only on a large scale!

I know Americans work harder than any other group of people.We made it possible for everyone else to steal our Country we worked hard for. Don't ever think Americans are lazy!!! We will prevail!!
The nanny state of welfare to all that come here to complain and have a dozen kids the tax payers have to support will not last forever!!
Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#5 Jan 7, 2009
fireeater wrote:
I would say fraud in welfare benefits and fake ID's in the multiples, would be right up there with imbezzling only on a large scale!
I know Americans work harder than any other group of people.We made it possible for everyone else to steal our Country we worked hard for. Don't ever think Americans are lazy!!! We will prevail!!
The nanny state of welfare to all that come here to complain and have a dozen kids the tax payers have to support will not last forever!!
Imbezzeling? You moron, go back to third grade and try passing it in yout 16th attempt. Without illegals in Nebraska the average IQ per square mile would be the lowest of any state in the nation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
county police (Jul '12) May 19 jean 5
filthy inbread town May 18 jean 1
eddie rutledge May 18 jean 2
uneducated people and there lack of respect for... May 18 jean 1
Sandra Garcia May 5 Guest 3
Review: Subway-2620 W Faidley AVE May 4 wheeling free 2
Bianca Lewis or Bianca Cerda with daughter Olivia Apr 26 Notfromhere 1
More from around the web

Grand Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE