Lexington Talks Vicious Dog Ordinance

Lexington Talks Vicious Dog Ordinance

There are 4 comments on the Nebraska TV story from Apr 10, 2007, titled Lexington Talks Vicious Dog Ordinance. In it, Nebraska TV reports that:

“What we're looking at is we want to make responsible pet owners.”

A child's wounds are starting to heal after a vicious attack by a large dog, but the memory remains. via Nebraska TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nebraska TV.

Minutemom

Arapahoe, NE

#1 Apr 12, 2007
The council will talk and probably make a new ordinance. But like all of the new ordinances in this city it will not be enforced.

HELLO! What we really need is a dog catcher. And while the dog catcher is catching dogs he can write tickets for the last ordinance that's not enforced-the one that says you can't park on your yard.
Law enforcer

United States

#2 Apr 13, 2007
I feel sorry for the family, but if they think the city will write a dog ordinace they will enforce, they are mistaken
Tired RN

Lexington, KY

#3 Apr 12, 2010
I just found out today by our local law enforcement that while we have ordinances on the books they don't enforce them. Imagine that! Now imagine being repeatedly on night call for a busy recovery room and unable to sleep thanks to the incessant barking of the neighbors three dogs. The police advised me to talk to them Like I haven't!!! Also witnessing the teenage daughter inciting the dogs to go crazy and laughing about it. Just what is my tax money doing?
Wild Bill

North Augusta, SC

#4 Apr 15, 2010
One of the few laws that I enjoy here after I moved: If a dog is running loose and is on your property and is presenting a threat to your family (to include your pets) it is legal for you to dispatch the dog. In other words, shoot it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bianca Lewis or Bianca Cerda with daughter Olivia (Apr '15) Jun 16 Sasha 3
Coke machine May 31 John 2
cody the tweeker from donahpin/chapman May '16 bbbb3328 1
cell pictures (Jan '09) Apr '16 karma 6
Beastiality (Apr '10) Apr '16 Alice 33
about my sister (Oct '08) Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 11
pinhead lives matter. Just ask Obama, his wife'... Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 1

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance