Mom of slain 4-year-old doesn't blame...

Mom of slain 4-year-old doesn't blame boy who shot him

There are 1 comment on the Grand Island Independent story from Mar 17, 2007, titled Mom of slain 4-year-old doesn't blame boy who shot him. In it, Grand Island Independent reports that:

The mother of a 4-year-old boy says she doesn't blame the 10-year-old who shot her son with a high-powered BB/pellet gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grand Island Independent.

Sharon A Eilers

AOL

#1 Mar 17, 2007
My heart goes out to the families involved in this terrible accident. I think it is outrageous that the 10-year-old boy was arrested and placed in custody by Merrick County authorities. He needs help dealing with this situation just as much as Malek's family. Charges, if any, can wait to be filed. Help the children and the families involved first. Sounds like typical law enforcement to solve a "crime." But who is really to blame? Why not charge the people who threw the old BB gun into the trash. Aren't they just as responsible because they did not empty the gun of all the pellets or disarm it enough so that it could not cause an accidental shooting? Children, especially boys, will put up sticks and use them as guns. Seeing an actual weapon in the trash was a "wonderfind." I believe there is harm being committed to the psyche of the 10-year-old that will take years to overcome. Release him to his family/guardians so he can receive the help he needs too -- two souls may be destroyed if the legal system has its way.
Sharon Eilers
Lincoln NE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis and Shannon Foster Feb 11 Cassy 1
Beastiality (Apr '10) Jan '17 Funmechanic420 36
Grand Island Music Thread (May '12) Jan '17 Musikologist 19
News Case New Holland lays off 128 in Nebraska (Nov '09) Dec '16 Bam 9
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! % Nov '16 Mr g 1
Coke machine (May '16) Oct '16 Hopie 3
News Record-high number of illegal aliens have died ... Sep '16 spytheweb 5

Grand Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance