Michigan Sex Offenders Release

Posted in the Grand Haven Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2009
As we all have heard, the Michigan Department of Corrections is planning on releasing over 4000 prisoners into the Communities in Michigan. What people don't know is that several thousand sex offenders will be released on Parole or MPRI program.

Michigan already has high unemployment and people struggling, now we will add to the stress by releasing sex offenders and predators to our neighborhoods. Corrections is being sneaky about this but look out and keep a close eye on your children. Someone needs to explain how releasing convicted sex offenders of children into our communites will make Michigan stronger? Sure it will save a buck but in the long run, and maybe short run, this will be at the expense of our children. So much for making Michigan safer!

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2009
Also remember, not only are they letting 4,000 prisoner parole/discharge into our community, but they are cutting our Law Enforcement....It is hard enough on familys in Michigan now to find employment, where will 4,000 more fine jobs? Unemployment is totally overloaded now with more people losing jobs everyday. Please someone in Michigan WAKE UP!

United States

#3 Nov 1, 2009
New news since July folks.
I have friends the dept of corrections.
I have been informed that as of a week or two ago they are houseing two released sex offenders in ottawa county and they are staying at a local motel in ottawa county right under all our noses.
Families come and go there also and never know the difference.
I am told the dept of cor.does not reckonize the motel as a misuse of the parole regulations.
Isnt that convient.
I have also made contact with the motel and they are glad to have me and my two young daughters stay.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#4 Jan 4, 2010
Sex offenders have rights too.

Holland, MI

#5 Jan 4, 2010
no they dont,
they gave up thoes rights when they molested or raped a young child maybe just once or maybe for many years.
I have relitives that were molested by a family member for over ten years.
You want that person to have rights?
The young adults who were the children will never be the same. They have been robbed of a normal life.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#6 Jan 5, 2010
izzy_ wrote:
no they dont,
they gave up thoes rights when they molested or raped a young child maybe just once or maybe for many years.
I have relitives that were molested by a family member for over ten years.
You want that person to have rights?
The young adults who were the children will never be the same. They have been robbed of a normal life.
Sorry for offending you, but yes, sex offenders do have rights as well. NOT ALL SEX OFFENDERS OFFEND KIDS!!! If a very nice, well-respected man got drunk, so drunk that he peed outside near a tree, and if he was caught or if he offended someone else and that person reported them, guess what.....he gets put on the Sex Offender List. This is who I am supporting.

I DO NOT support sex offenders who injure and sexually abuse kids. I am on the side of the "other" sex offender, and there are numerous of those, and they have rights.

In fact, and I will not say his name, a relative of mine is a sex offender for just the reason above that I mentioned. He has rights.

Holland, MI

#7 Jan 5, 2010
Sorry, I now understand what you mean.
I am so caught up in the ones that molest children.
I can understand how the others have rights.
And how they can make mistakes by putting them on the list. I have young relitives that have been mentally damaged by the sex offenders and I just wish I could help.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Jan 6, 2010
Sadly, many child sex offenders can never be cured. Here they have to register their address's with the local police, and can not live by schools or playgrounds. They are extremely dangerous individuals and everytime a child go's missing, the police check them first, often with disasterous results.............

Holland, MI

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Sadly, many child sex offenders can never be cured. Here they have to register their address's with the local police, and can not live by schools or playgrounds. They are extremely dangerous individuals and everytime a child go's missing, the police check them first, often with disasterous results..........
you are so right. The registrations are posted on line here.
I live in a rather small town and there are 74.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#10 Jan 6, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Sadly, many child sex offenders can never be cured. Here they have to register their address's with the local police, and can not live by schools or playgrounds. They are extremely dangerous individuals and everytime a child go's missing, the police check them first, often with disasterous results..........
We do that in Michigan as well. Plus, they can't live within 1000 feet of a school. My relative made a mistake while drunk - but IT DID NOT involve a child at all. Still, he now cannot see his 4 children at all, and he can't go near a soccer game of theirs or anything. It's just as hard on the children of sex offenders - they have behavioral problems and other problems because they can't see their father.

I actually in reality, would rather live next door to a sex offender though, than a paroled murderer or thief. According to statistics, only about 3 to 5% of sex offenders repeat their crimes within a 1 to 5 year period. That's pretty low compared to other felony statistics.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 Jan 7, 2010
Marti, you have really bad stats, most of them, not only repeat their crimes, but often grow into worse offenses....

Holland, MI

#12 Jan 7, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Marti, you have really bad stats, most of them, not only repeat their crimes, but often grow into worse offenses....
You are so right, i have been dealing with children of sex offenders and the system for nearly ten years now.
Thease offenders do not usually get better, it is an adiction and they are experts in covering up the things they do.
And the children they molest often question their sexuality, have terrible guilt and some never recover.

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#13 Jan 7, 2010
Izzy - You are certainly a zealot for sex offenders. Besides guilt, what else are YOU doing for the sex offenders as well as their victims? God forgives, I hope you know that. If a sex offender goes to God and is TRULY REPENTANT, and not faking it, God WILL forgive that sex offender. Still a sex offender, but now a forgiven sinner.

Some day you AS WELL AS I, will face God Himself on Judgment Day. Remember these Scripture verses when you get there: Matthew 7: 1 - 7: DO NOT judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the 2 x 4 in your own eye? How can you say to your brother,'let me take the speck out of your eye', when all the while, there is a 2 x 4 in your own eye? You hypocrite! First take the 2 x 4 out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

As well as this one, and this is the most important one: Matthew 25: verses 31 - 46: "When the Son of Man (God) comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His throne in Heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him and He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left. Then the King (who is God) will say to those on His right,'Come you who are blessed by My father; take your inheritance, the Kingtom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me. I WAS IN PRISON AND YOU CAME TO VISIT ME. Then the righteous will answer Him, "Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King (who is God) will reply:'I tell you the truth, whoever did this for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Then He will say to those on His left:'Depart from me, you wyo are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his advocates. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothing and you did not clothe me, I was sick and IN PRISON and you did not look after me. They also will answer, "Lord when did we see you hungry or thirsty, or a stranger or needing clothes, or sick or in PRISON and did not help you? He will reply, "I tell you the truth, WHATEVER YOU DID NOT DO FOR THE LEAST OF ONE OF THESE, YOU DID NOT DO IT FOR ME." Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life."

STOP BEING SO JUDGMENTAL, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE!!!

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#14 Jan 7, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
NOT all of them!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 Jan 7, 2010
Marti, NOT all of them and 3-5%, are vastly different......look at some of these stories that have been in the news and it is often habitual sex offenders.....here, we have the death penalty, and one thing it does is guarantees they never get close to a little girl or boy, unfortunatly God can't do that....

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#16 Jan 7, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Marti, NOT all of them and 3-5%, are vastly different......look at some of these stories that have been in the news and it is often habitual sex offenders.....here, we have the death penalty, and one thing it does is guarantees they never get close to a little girl or boy, unfortunatly God can't do that....
I don't believe in the death penalty either. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth went by the wayside when Jesus died on the cross for our sins.

Remember, God LOVES the sinner but HATES the sin. And only God can do that. As much as you and Izzy are against the sex offenders, I am fighting for their rights - except the ones who injure children. My relative made a mistake - he was drunker than drunk, confused, went outside in the summer, peed near a tree and a neighbor lady saw him. She did not have to, but she called the police and he was arrested for indecent exposure and put on the sex offender list. The neighbor did not have to report him, but she did.

When I was a little kid, there were three little boys in our large neighborhood who used to pull their little penises out of their pants and show them to the girls in the neighborhood to see what kind of rise they would get. We were ALL little back then, and it really never bothered any of us. We would tell their moms and that was that. No one was injured, raped or touched at all. I know it is different now, and psychologists and others in authority would see that type of behavior as "pre-sex offender" type behavior, but back then in the late 1950s/early 1960s, it was innocent.

Holland, MI

#17 Jan 8, 2010
We are not talking about peeing on some damn tree here!
We are talking about serious sex offenders that get put in jail and then are released from prison and confess to God and then turn around six months latter and do it again because they cant help it like people who drink or are on drugs.
Also, being drunk is no excuse for running around and peeing on trees.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Jan 8, 2010
izzy, it will just be a matter of time, after they are released, that children will begin missing. Wonder what Marti will say then, to just pray for their poor missguided souls?

“O__o ?”

Grandville

#19 Jan 10, 2010
Izzy and GoBlue - In the Powerful Name of Jesus the Christ, the God of The Universe.........I come against the things coming out of your mouths and your unholy thoughts, in Jesus Holy Name!

“Proud Cherokee”

Since: Aug 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Jan 10, 2010
Wow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful Grand Haven Lighthouse. (Aug '08) Dec 14 Go Blue Forever 13
Holland Museum opens exhibit of Nazi propaganda... (Apr '14) Dec 13 for sure 22
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Nov '14 dave 19
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Nov '14 Whitechick 27
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct '14 disco stu 2
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Grand Haven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Haven News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Haven

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:44 am PST