Ottawa County jobless rate drops belo...

Ottawa County jobless rate drops below 12 percent

There are 336 comments on the Grand Haven Tribune story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Ottawa County jobless rate drops below 12 percent. In it, Grand Haven Tribune reports that:

The unemployment rate has dipped below 12 percent in Ottawa County for the first time in more than a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grand Haven Tribune.

Since: Jan 10

Plainwell, MI

#302 Jun 29, 2010
So, Don and Mongoose, it is your belief that people flying around in the sky that also have magical powers over our existence is much more believable than fossils?

Really? That's how i'm reading your assertion. You probably should have left this argument alone.

Mongoose, God created everything, right? Yet we are able to mess with genetic traits of not only corn, but animals, and people now.

No, it has nothing to do with evolution- but it is further proof that scientists DO know how things work, and how to recreate them.

Go back to calling everyone "dummy" because you got nuttin.

Since: Feb 10

Detroit, MI

#303 Jun 29, 2010
The fossil record proves the creation, Bonds. The fossil record proves the flood happened. As the scripture says "The rocks cry out." God isn't a person flying around in the sky He is the eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent God. Your ignorance of whom God is will be your eternal undoing.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304 Jun 29, 2010
alashieve wrote:
Arctic you don't know what powered the big bang and you have an approximate idea when it happened, and you base your faith on a theory that has never been observed and you don't even know when this big bang happened or what matter was involved in it, and I am living in ignorance. You are the one who is accepting a theory that doesn't even explain how and when the big bang happened.
alashieve wrote:
And in post 287 you said the big bang happened "around" 13.7 billion years ago so no, sir, you don't know when it happened you are guessing and that is all.
I can stand on the tip of the Michigan's lower peninsula and look at the upper peninsula and estimate that it is about 4.5 miles away. Even though I don't know the precise distance I can see it is obviously not one inch.

This same logic can be applied when looking at the age of the earth. We know about how old it is, and we know it is certainly much much older than 10,000 years.

By creationist logic, because I couldn't tell the precise distance between Michigan's peninsulas we would have to ignore the fact it is definately further than one inch.

This is a typical creationist fallacy.
alashieve wrote:
God inspired the bible and he used 40 different men from various periods throughout history.
Man created the concept of "god" you read about in that comic book.
alashieve wrote:
A lot of scientists think your theory is silly nonsense are all those scientists not rational.
Find some non-christian scientists who think the world is 10,000 or less years old. You can't.
alashieve wrote:
The earth is only 10k years old my friend.
There is zero evidence to support this laughable myth. This is only plausible to those who abandon all rational thought and ignore the evidence.
Mongoose

Grand Rapids, MI

#305 Jun 29, 2010
bonds77 wrote:
Mongoose, God created everything, right? Yet we are able to mess with genetic traits of not only corn, but animals, and people now.
Bonds, do you have a brain? God didn't give us wings either, but he gave us the intelligence to figure out how to fly. He didn't give us gills, but he gave us the intelligence to invent a usable devise to dive. The examples don't stop there. Put on your tin foil helmet and try to think of some others.

That is why we consider ourselves (humans) the only intelligent beings on Earth. I may change my mind when I see a fish walking down the side walk, wearing a SCOWBA.(Self Contained Out of Water Breathing Apparatus) Then I'll include fish if he invented and built it in an underwater machine shop.

Any other stupid comments? You are a piece of work too.

Since: Feb 10

Detroit, MI

#306 Jun 29, 2010
Arctic, have you figured out what powered the big bang yet?

Since: Feb 10

Detroit, MI

#307 Jun 29, 2010
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v25/...

This explains the fossil record and dinosaurs. If arctic can use copy and paste from evolutionists who don't even know what caused the big bang I can use copy and paste from folks who do know how the earth was created.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309 Jun 29, 2010
alashieve wrote:
http://www.answersingenesis.or g/creation/v25/i2/footsteps.as p
This explains the fossil record and dinosaurs. If arctic can use copy and paste from evolutionists who don't even know what caused the big bang I can use copy and paste from folks who do know how the earth was created.
Thanks for the laugh.

Even a 5 year old child would laugh at that site.

I've seen that crap before about the Noah's Ark fable flood killing the dinosaurs. I still get a kick out of laughing at it though.

This belief in this myth is reserved for the most extreme christian cult members.

This tripe is so devoid of intelligence there's no need to waste any time on it. I'm just going to post a link to all of the impossibilities of the Noah's Ark myth.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark...

Since: Feb 10

Detroit, MI

#310 Jun 29, 2010
With an almighty all powerful God there would be no problems mentioned in that whole article. Try again, Arctic.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311 Jun 29, 2010
alashieve wrote:
With an almighty all powerful God there would be no problems mentioned in that whole article. Try again, Arctic.
Finally.

After wading through the bullsh*t fake science and fake "proof" we finally get to the root of creationist young earth theory. It relies 100% on a faith of a god concept from some crappy old 2000 year old book and the deliberate ignorance of all evidence.

I'm not superstitious. I'll stick with evidence, facts, reason, and science.

Since: Jan 10

Plainwell, MI

#312 Jun 29, 2010
"So, Don and Mongoose, it is your belief that people flying around in the sky that also have magical powers over our existence is much more believable than fossils? "

Mongoose, would you like to keep dodging the question?

You should ask, if God also gave us reason, why he missed you.

Or, figure out why scumbags survive and good people die. All "part of the plan", huh?

Since: Feb 10

Detroit, MI

#313 Jun 29, 2010
Arctic we have science too. You have no clue when your big bang happened just a guess and you don't know what powered it. You don't have any direction or power for your theory. We have the God who created the universe, the fossil record, the laws of probability (I noticed you ducked that, that is smart of you) on our side, and plus we have the God who can do anything. You have a theory that your own adherents admit that doesn't have all the answers. I will trust the God of the universe and laws of probability. It isn't mathematically possible for evolution to happen.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#314 Jun 29, 2010
alashieve wrote:
Arctic we have science too.
What you call science, rational people call shlock. Creationist version of science is cooked up bullsh*t designed to look like real science.
alashieve wrote:
You have no clue when your big bang happened
Another lie.
I answered that in #287
More creationist denial of reality.
alashieve wrote:
. We have the God who created the universe,
alashieve wrote:
plus we have the God who can do anything.
What you have is called superstition, and no facts or evidence.
alashieve wrote:
You have a theory that your own adherents admit that doesn't have all the answers.
We have enough answers to know the earth is much much older than 10,000 years and that evolution is real.
Once again we see the narrow-minded creationist fallacy that says if science doesn't have every answer yet then the ones science does have can be ignored.
alashieve wrote:
We have the God who created the universe, the fossil record, the laws of probability (I noticed you ducked that, that is smart of you)
And we see yet another lie.
I already answered that out of the billions of planets some of them would have life. Post #292
Of course when creationists see something they don't like they ignore it, as shown by your constant lies.
The fossil record and mathematical probability support evolution, except in creationist fantasy land.
alashieve wrote:
I will trust the God of the universe
Your own superstition.
alashieve wrote:
It isn't mathematically possible for evolution to happen.
Wrong. Already covered it.

All you are doing is talking in circles and repeating your own nonsense. No matter how many times something is presented to the creationist, the creationist will simply ignore it and point to the buy-bull.

Since: Jan 10

Plainwell, MI

#315 Jun 30, 2010
Start by giving us some proof of God, Don. Show us a videotape, record, fossil, ANYTHING. You can't. You can only provide the Bible, written by man.

You'd have us believe that not only were fossils planted(for no specific reason), but that so were Neandrathal skeletons, their drawings in caves, etc.

It's hard for you to accept, and you're not going to, but what you claim completely defies logic- yet you claim to be logical. You have your beliefs- that's great- but calling the beliefs of others stupid makes no sense.
Mongoose

Grand Rapids, MI

#316 Jun 30, 2010
"Mongoose, would you like to keep dodging the question? " ~ bonds

I answered your question. See reply #305.

We agree God made everything and I explained how we are able to alter his creations. What one of the other 3,465,871 questions you have asked, are you talking about? My brain reader is broke and is at the repair shop.
Ian

Indio, CA

#317 Jun 30, 2010
Faith...
Some of ya might do well to look that word up.
And STOP confusing your faith with facts.
Or not.
Smoke

Macomb, MI

#318 Jun 30, 2010
The essence of God is beyond our knowing. Our Bible and many other Holy books, writings and signs gives an inspiration from which a person must turn inward in humility realizing and confessing to the Great Essence or Spirit the realization of our ignorance.

I'm not a literalist because i don't know nor do I think that God would measure time as mankind does. I think this is where the Christian individuals confuse and mislead themselves and others when they limit the great Essence or Spirit that God is with a time frame. God isn't flesh.
Why would the eternal God measure time as a man does??
Ian

Indio, CA

#319 Jun 30, 2010
Good Stuff Smoke...as usual.

I have often wondered lately...
Man is always looking for "the/some answers"...
Man nearly always includes some sort of math in this search...

I ask...what if...
Mans math is wrong?

What if...
our numbers and our language DOES NOT apply?

I LOVE thinking that all we know...we really dont.

Hummmm?
(sorta)
bdwg

Allegan, MI

#320 Jun 30, 2010
Ian wrote:
Good Stuff Smoke...as usual.
I have often wondered lately...
Man is always looking for "the/some answers"...
Man nearly always includes some sort of math in this search...
I ask...what if...
Mans math is wrong?
What if...
our numbers and our language DOES NOT apply?
I LOVE thinking that all we know...we really dont.
Hummmm?
(sorta)
ya mean like the math that was fudged by some climate-change scientists?

kinda sorta maybe...

lol

Since: Jan 10

Plainwell, MI

#321 Jun 30, 2010
Review:

Religion is a GOOD THING for a LOT of people: Christians, Muslims, Hindus, whatever. Same basic principles. Stops a lot of bad behavior.

But to go ahead and tear up science because the truth hurts and calling people stupid...well...

Mongoose, how does the invisible presence and destiny over the world make more sense than fossils as proof? That's the question.

BD, you love to question science all the time. Just keep that in mind when you're working where you do. Hope those machines don't hurt you...and the science behind them is strong. Don't you?
bdwg

Allegan, MI

#322 Jul 1, 2010
bonds77 wrote:
BD, you love to question science all the time.
you better believe i like to question science. better than being sheeple to algore like yourself.... but then again if you're comfortable letting a cheating liar think for you.... well ok....
bonds77 wrote:
Just keep that in mind when you're working where you do. Hope those machines don't hurt you...and the science behind them is strong.
not a problem Bonds. training. and more training. not an accident in over 20 yrs.... unless papercuts count.
bonds77 wrote:
....... Don't you?
WTH are your trying to say? train of thought get derailed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GH sucks (Jul '13) Dec 9 Lolz 3
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
Review: Misty Connor Nov 23 MISTY ANN CONNOR 3
News Brutal assault of gay teen videotaped, cops see... Nov '17 Aspirin Between M... 6
News Murder warrant issued against Detroit man in Mu... Oct '17 Larry roasha 1
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Jul '17 AssAssassin 33
News Teacher turnover, 'chronic' absenteeism prevale... (May '17) May '17 Rick 1

Grand Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Haven Mortgages