Wal-Mart Super Center set to open in Three Rivers

Jul 30, 2007 Full story: Kalamazoo Gazette 36

The Three Rivers Super Center is undergoing finishing touches in advance of opening its doors at 8 a.m. Aug. via Kalamazoo Gazette

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
postman

Lima, OH

#21 Mar 17, 2008
A brain is a terrible thing isn't it.........
chinaman

San Francisco, CA

#22 Mar 19, 2008
what's with the racist overtones? is it necessary to put down another culture to make your point and if so, why must you do it in such a crass way?
K R ZACK wrote:
You now have you own Supper China Mart, well to start with, you can now kiss off all the smaller stores in your area, you can kiss off any hope of ever having American Made products in your town. Knowing what I know now about China Mart/ Walmart I would have done all I could have done to STOP them from ever comming into my area.
That is not a good thing, Just take a look at some of the small towns that walmart has went into, Most of the stores on main street will be CLOSED. Is That a Good thing for your community? Walmart will put very little of their Profit back into your Community!!!
But they will give you a nice low paying part time job.
Good Luck with your new China Mart.
sara

Salem, MI

#23 Mar 19, 2008
Maryann wrote:
The closest store to me is a Walmart, and I will not step foot in it. In fact, they are turning it into a Super Walmart so they can make sure to put out every other business in the area. I go completely out of my way to shop elsewhere. I like the homegrown Michigan based businesses especially those that are run by a family. They genuinely care about their customers. Wally World uses unfair business tactics to bully out the small guy. Buy from Michigan based businesses as much as possible. Fuel, we can't help but buy foreign for the most part, unless we use E85-but do your best. Don't just say oh well. Stand up for your state! We have to do what we can now. We are all complaining about the Michigan economy, but we have to put our money where our mouth is and support it.
I would never step foot into a walmart, sams club or any other china store. I shop around my home town and at the local farmers markets. To everyone that does shop in these stores, you obviously dont care about your health or well being. Look up on line the type of clothing they make and what it can do to you. Dont buy any sandles this summer unless you dont like your feet.
Yes, an "American" family owns Wal Marts, but obviously they could care less about the future of this country. Wake up people of America we are killing our own economy, when your family is starving in a few years, just be happy that you can still go to your local Walmart and by food from China. Oh and by the way.... did you know food they "grow" in China is grown in human fesces. Yummy. Dig In.
michelle

Washington, MI

#24 Mar 19, 2008
Just wonderful...
another bloodsucker to the economy.
Hurray.*note the sarcasm*
SAD NO TOWN

Honaker, VA

#25 Mar 26, 2008
If you think your town is great you should see what a mess our Board of Supervisors did to ours. I live in a small town called Grundy, Va. and our Board ask WalMart to come to our town. We live in the Hills so you have to blow sides of the mountains away, We was suppose to be the town that moved across the river. Well they blew the mountain off across the river and we have a large vacant flat lot for walmart. That the Board told walmart they would build a parking garage so walmarts could build on top of it for space, it has been 7 years the is no parking garage for walmart, there is no walmart, and they got so into it we now have no town. They tore out our little town (every building was demolished except for the court house, post office and a movie theater that was built on a parking garage. We use to have a couple local owned 5 and dime stores, some local owned furniture and hardware stores, a little local owned theater (the town owns the one on the parking garage) a local owned coffee shop, a local owned barber shop, a local owned beauty shop, a local owned store for the kids to get their gowns for prom, we had brick side walks with elm trees that lined the streets it was a quite simple place one of the few old towns we even had a teen center that the teens hung out in, we have nothing, and still waiting for walmart, our board of supervisors must have thought walmarts would close all the stores anyway so the destroyed all walmarts competitors. We was suppose to be the town that moved across the river because we flood every 20yrs. Now most the older folks are leaving. We have nothing any more. I don't think most folks around here are very pleased with the board or walmarts. What ever is anyone thinking when they want a walmart to rule there life

“God Guns and Guts Made America”

Since: Jun 07

West Michigan

#26 Mar 28, 2008
chinaman wrote:
what's with the racist overtones? is it necessary to put down another culture to make your point and if so, why must you do it in such a crass way?
<quoted text>
Racist Overtones????????
If you are talking about the fact that I believe that American products should dominate the product line in any Store? If you are talking about the fact that I believe that no product should be imported that can be made or grown here?
If you are talking about the fact that I believe in America and the American People?
If this what you consider to be a racist overtone?
There is nothing Racist in my last post, Just AMERICAN PRIDE.
Chinaman,Perhaps you need to look in the mirror.
K R ZACK
Jennel

AOL

#27 Apr 6, 2008
The problem is they don't put out just one mom and pop, they put out every mom and pop shop in town. Collectively they probably employ the same number of people, but walmart pays way less. The average walmart employee gets paid $2000 less than the poverty level.
The Big Three wrote:
In most town that Wallmart builds in some small Mom and Pops close. I like the decore too. But they employ may be 2 or 3 people. I'll bet Wallmart employes 10 fold of what they shutdown and bring lower affordable prices. I don't even like to shop but in most places ther stores are clean, neat, and have pretty much everything. If you want to stop imports then stop voting for politicians who vote for free trade agreements.
Angie

Sun Prairie, WI

#28 Apr 14, 2008
wal mart is great wrote:
wal mart will save ur crappy lil town so shut it and praise sam walton for saving ur dead lil crap hole
Our crappy little town doesn't need saving. Speaking of crappy little town, where are you from? Sorry never heard of it.
dude

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#29 Jan 8, 2011
Here it is 2 1/2 years later and all the small stores in town are just fine. Matter of fact the downtown area is better that ever.
Tony Flint-Northville

Roswell, GA

#30 Jan 9, 2011
No Comment, for a change!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#31 Jan 23, 2011
Too bad....Three Rivers used to have such i nice little downtown area, my grandmother had a furniture store there, years ago.....Walmart will only succeed in ruining whatevers left of the smaller, family-run business's.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#32 Aug 23, 2011
so where exactally is this walmart being built in three rivers and when does it open?
Nate Sassaman-TR student

Three Rivers, MI

#33 Jan 18, 2012
you may have thought that walmart would have run all of our businesses out of town, but it hasn't. If anything the walmart in Three Rivers Michigan is crippled, they are unable to compete with mijers, and our local businesses are still running strong. Many employees quit walmart and they have a hard time filling needed possessions. the parking lot has never been full and none of my friends buy walmarts products. Walmart did not beat my community, we beat walmart.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#34 Mar 22, 2012
Me thinks, some of the walmart employees or managers are posting on here.....
Wally

United States

#35 Mar 22, 2012
I love me some Wal Mart!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#36 Feb 10, 2013
Walmart is for those that don't mind buying cheap, shoddy chinese goods.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 23 hr Go Blue Forever 123
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep 11 Prayers for Jessica 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Grand Haven, MI (Jan '12) Sep 10 Sneaky Pete 17
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
A strong spirit: 'Save Our City' hosts health s... Aug 21 lonewolf 1
Newlyweds take vows at hockey rink Aug '14 Smooth 10
•••
•••
Grand Haven Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••