Artist Jose Narezo dies

Jose Narezo, a local artist with international reach, died Tuesday night after battling cancer. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really now

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2008
cant WOOD TV 8 get anything right. he died wednesday not tuesday. how sloppy!
CentralTeacher

Holland, MI

#2 Dec 18, 2008
Jose Narezo was a wonderful, talented teacher. We at Central HS will miss him deeply.
steve thomas

Cedar Springs, MI

#3 Dec 18, 2008
WHO?
Expatriate

Korea

#4 Dec 18, 2008
Mr Narezo was a very talented man. His creativity and inspiration will be missed.
Tom

AOL

#5 Dec 18, 2008
Yes, he was a great artist and will be missed, but please, just because the man was Hispanic, let's not let people get carried away with tax dollars and name a street, school or the Grand Rapids Art Museum after him.
John

Detroit, MI

#6 Dec 19, 2008
Re: your piece on Jose Norezo: The plural of "medium" is "media." "Mediums" are fortune tellers.
you gotta stay focus

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Dec 19, 2008
i had mr. narezo as a student for 3 years at central high school he was a great teacher r.i.p.
Visitor

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Dec 20, 2008
the story does not play only commercials ;(
Visitor

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Dec 20, 2008
Tom wrote:
Yes, he was a great artist and will be missed, but please, just because the man was Hispanic, let's not let people get carried away with tax dollars and name a street, school or the Grand Rapids Art Museum after him.
at the very least the Academy for the Arts on Grandville Avenue ( where he infused some of his art. could bear his moniker. it would be fitting.
Norskdatter

Madison Heights, MI

#11 Dec 20, 2008
I had the pleasure of meeting Sr. Narezo last school year. He was a kind, gentle man of great talent and an even greater heart for his students. I watched him patiently work with students most teachers despaired of reaching and saw him coaxing amazing work from their hands. He will be greatly missed.
Visitor

Byron Center, MI

#13 Dec 20, 2008
johnny sling wrote:
His works with tamales was stunning. And his frijole mountain was awe-inspiring.
johnny sling and whoever else decides to leave less than thoughtful an meaningful remarks to commemorate Mr Narezo should find another place to ply their ignorance and small mindedness. uncalled for racial slurs.
Visitor

Byron Center, MI

#14 Dec 20, 2008
john grand rapids wrote:
Is this the talking hand puppet guy? Or the butter commercials?
what is the point of this comment? can you do some research before leaving such an uninformed statement.
Losers Helper

United States

#15 Dec 21, 2008
really now wrote:
cant WOOD TV 8 get anything right. he died wednesday not tuesday. how sloppy!
Who gives a rats behind
john grand rapids

United States

#16 Dec 21, 2008
Visitor wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the point of this comment? can you do some research before leaving such an uninformed statement.
Hey Visitor (idiot) it was a joke !!!!!
johnny sling

Amelia Court House, VA

#17 Dec 21, 2008
Visitor wrote:
<quoted text>
johnny sling and whoever else decides to leave less than thoughtful an meaningful remarks to commemorate Mr Narezo should find another place to ply their ignorance and small mindedness. uncalled for racial slurs.
What racism? Just paying tribute to a man who the most unusual items and created art. The Cesar Chavez figure he made out of mole and cilantro is probably his greatest work
Anonymous

Redlands, CA

#18 Dec 21, 2008
These posts are a great commentary on exactly what's wrong with this country. A person passes away, and people make jokes? Classy.
Tom, johnny sling, and Losers Helper - your lot in life is no accident.
liliagonz9

AOL

#19 Dec 22, 2008
Jose Narezo is a brilliant artist. My Prayers to his family and the community.

A friend from Texas.
really now

United States

#21 Dec 22, 2008
John wrote:
Re: your piece on Jose Norezo: The plural of "medium" is "media." "Mediums" are fortune tellers.
Get a dictionary John. The word is used correctly.
anonymous

Austin, TX

#22 Dec 26, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
These posts are a great commentary on exactly what's wrong with this country. A person passes away, and people make jokes? Classy.
Tom, johnny sling, and Losers Helper - your lot in life is no accident.
AMEN!
Nancy

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Feb 19, 2013
Tom wrote:
Yes, he was a great artist and will be missed, but please, just because the man was Hispanic, let's not let people get carried away with tax dollars and name a street, school or the Grand Rapids Art Museum after him.
It is ashame that you did not have the fortune to have met him. He contributed greatly to both his society as well as the art industry. He was a humble and talented man full of generosity that inspired the most troublesome youths regardless of their cultural background some examples include his minority students, employers and Anglo student teachers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep 11 Prayers for Jessica 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Grand Haven, MI (Jan '12) Sep 10 Sneaky Pete 17
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 8 kookierecluse 122
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
A strong spirit: 'Save Our City' hosts health s... Aug 21 lonewolf 1
Newlyweds take vows at hockey rink Aug '14 Smooth 10
•••
•••
•••

Grand Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Grand Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Haven News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Haven
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••