Dennis Edwards, Grand Haven Department of Public Safety director, put on administrative leave

Nov 29, 2010 Full story: MLive.com

Department of Public Safety Director Dennis Edwards has been placed on administrative leave, City Manager Pat McGinnis said Monday.

Read more
Amused Bystander

Grand Haven, MI

#1 Nov 29, 2010
I find it very interesting that Dennis Edwards is replaced by a man who allegedly was caught running around the sand dunes a few years ago naked. Is Capt. Yonker sure he is able to do the job, or is his attention on his own problems?

This little town seems to have a lot of trouble with their police force and it's antics.
Sandman

Scarborough, ME

#2 Dec 1, 2010
It doesnt suprise me that Edwards is finally placed on leave for something. Ive heard from numerous people how he has given out background info to old school friends.
As far as Yonker! We dont need a naked gun running around.
Amused Moron

Elk Rapids, MI

#3 Dec 9, 2010
It's not the same person moron. You're thinking of a former sheriffs deputy, RANDY Yonker. No relation.
Unbelievable

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Dec 28, 2010
You know, there is always something to hide in Grand Haven politics. Same "secrets" happened when Scott Stinebower was let go from the Y Center. Just let the truth out so it doesn't look like the city is hiding something that they have done.
Susie Langlois

Muskegon, MI

#5 Jan 14, 2011
There has to be more to this story than a speed limit issue. If not, it appears that some administrative personel has tooo much time on their hands. Get over yourselves already!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity in Grand Haven? No thank you! Mar 7 Whitechick 1
Debate: Ferguson - Spring Lake, MI Feb '15 Dale 1
Is your veterinarian a GOOD veterinarian??? (Feb '06) Jan '15 Go Blue Forever 16
iCare Repair Jan '15 Jeff 2
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Jan '15 Joey D 20
Debate: Gay Marriage - Grand Haven, MI (Jan '12) Jan '15 Whitechick 18
News Gas price free-fall: Grand Rapids area among 5 ... Jan '15 Oprah 3
Grand Haven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]