Former Holland cop's murder trial starts

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Ken DeKleine, the Holland police officer accused of killing his wife, sat at the defendant's table as jury selection began at his trial Tuesday.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 74 of74
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pjdutchville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pay attention to any of these posts, when it posts where they are from, it's usually not where they are from. I've been from Hopkins, Otsego, and it changes once in a while, but I'm hours away from those towns.
In my post #52 above...like I said, I live 2 doors down from where this murder happened, on Calvin Avenue in Holland.(Not Calvin St. News8...because the IS a Calvin Street in Holland as well). I am about as far from Hopkins as you can be. The town listed is where your ISP router is located.

Hopefully, this trial will wrap up quickly, and justice can be properly served for the remainder of the De Kleine family.
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

MakesUthink wrote:
"In the Spot Light"....I think...I KNOW you are correct. Makes you wonder about others that are on the force and abusing power entrusted to them. One article states that Lori had just filed a PPO against her husband...do you know how hard that is to obtain against a police officer?? Normally seen as a person who can do no wrong. Unfortunately, this could happen again in the same community if certain folks don't wake up and get a clue.
I know a police officer who (unjustly) had a PPO put out on him. They IMMEDIATELY took his gun and badge and issued orders to stay at least 3 mi. from the person who filed the PPO. After hearings and a thorough investigation he was cleared completely of any and all allegations she made. The PPO was filed by a mentally unbalanced person, yet the department took it VERY seriously. What proved that she was a nut was when she reported that he was in her building with a gun. He wasn't even in the STATE at the time. Nutjob put him through pure Hell.

I think the general public doesn't have a "clue" when allegations of "cover up" are thrown around. On the contrary, they pursue it even more aggressively than they would a civilian.
friend

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

You people are crazy, no one was complaining about the amount of tax payer money spent for the TYO trail and she admitted to doing what she did. Cops deal with POS/SOB's everyday if you people knew what they deal with on a daily basis you would be sick. Not defending what Ken did to his wife and family but, innocent until proven guilty unless you are a cop then its guilty until proven innocent in anything you do. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending what Ken did but this goes for all cops. You people don't have a clue. Get a job and do something worth while.............
DetectiveTruth

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

Let's see if I have this right: Ken DeKlein was accusing his wife of having an affair with her therapist, when all the while, he was hiding an affair he was having with Richelle VanderWal--the wife of another HPD police officer.

Jeez, doesn' anyone believe in the sanctity of marriage anymore?

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

DetectiveTruth wrote:
Let's see if I have this right: Ken DeKlein was accusing his wife of having an affair with her therapist, when all the while, he was hiding an affair he was having with Richelle VanderWal--the wife of another HPD police officer.
Just wondering, are you from Coldwater or is that just your ISP?
J in Holland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

This case is so sad - dragging all of their friends and family through it...and for the HPD, it's only gonna get worse before it gets better. Today's news about Ken's affair reminded me of the GRPD hanky panky mess.
Just Me

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

pjdutchville wrote:
<quoted text>
In my post #52 above...like I said, I live 2 doors down from where this murder happened, on Calvin Avenue in Holland.(Not Calvin St. News8...because the IS a Calvin Street in Holland as well). I am about as far from Hopkins as you can be. The town listed is where your ISP router is located.
Hopefully, this trial will wrap up quickly, and justice can be properly served for the remainder of the De Kleine family.
I understand that. The person I was replying to was making a stab at a person whose ISP is from Coldwater, and was talking about the HPD. I was pointing out what you said--that the ISP is not where the person necissarily is from. Mine switches every few weeks. Although I am from Holland, my ISP has been Allegan, Otsego, and now Hopkins.
T in GR

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

5ducklings wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering, are you from Coldwater or is that just your ISP?
wow, is that all you got out that comment?,
DOESN'T ANYONE BELIEVE IN THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE ANYMORE? is what I read.
MabelSmith

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Now that the therapist' name has finally been revealed "John Roe" from West Shore Family Psychology on Washington Ave., here in Holland. I must say that I am not one bit surprised to hear who it was. I personally know of TWO other women (patients), who this man has been sexually involved with. Not to mention, a female co-worker/friend from when he worked for "Behavioral Health" at Holland Hospital (yrs ago).
Last time I knew, John Roe is also married with children.
I think it would be wise for Mr. John Roe to hang -up his license for a'while and seek his own therapy for both, the well-being of his female patients and for his own marriage...
**JUST A THOUGHT**
poof

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

that sucks, A bitter olf had with an ax to grind is dead but the consequences is a cop ha to go to jail. What a trajedy!
poof

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

A bitter old hag!!!!!
jte555

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

poof wrote:
A bitter old hag!!!!!
F*** You
DRT2322

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

You're an insensitive and ignorant jerk. How is that productive to anything? How would you feel if she was someone in your family. Go post your stupid comments elsewhere.
poof wrote:
A bitter old hag!!!!!
Michelle

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

DetectiveTruth wrote:
He also had been planning this while in Iraq serving as a police contractor. He fed people that worked directly with him all these lies about his wife. I know this factually because my husband was his best friend over there. He started believing everything Ken told him and then started doing the same things to me that Ken did to Lori. He know longer lives with us because I was not going to end up like Lori. I want a divorce and my husband tries to tell everyone Im crazy, having affairs while he was in Iraq and that the kids are better off without me. I know that war zones to crazy things to people, but this was ridiculous. He has now been diagnosed with PTSD from being over there and refuses treatment cause it will "affect" our marriage and his chances of telling my kids bad things about me. They both should be ashamed of themselves. I wish that I could have seen this before Lori was brutally murdered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 74 of74
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Haven Discussions

Search the Grand Haven Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jun 30 TruthBeTold 5,481
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Heroin and Marijuana Jun '14 Tony Rowe 1
Holland Museum opens exhibit of Nazi propaganda... Jun '14 Johan Schmidt 20
wind storm blows away pronto pup stand Jun '14 John Depth 3
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Ottawa County was issued at July 23 at 3:28AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Haven People Search