Quixtar sues for disparaging remarks ...

Quixtar sues for disparaging remarks in blogs, forums

There are 84 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Quixtar sues for disparaging remarks in blogs, forums. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

GRAND HAVEN, Mich. - Quixtar is suing 30 people who anonymously posted disparaging remarks about the direct-marketing company in blogs and online forums.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
craig

Allegan, MI

#1 Oct 14, 2007
Watch out what you type in here! They will come after you. Or they will send his brother in law, Blackwater!
Jeff Lundholm

Peyton, CO

#2 Oct 14, 2007
Oh brother, hasn't scAmWay got better things to do... (and don't tell me that tired old story about how Quixtar doesn't have anything to do with AmWay)

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

#3 Oct 14, 2007
Are they that hard up for money? Or just a bunch of crybabies? Evidently they have no sales skills?!
Maria

Saltillo, Mexico

#4 Oct 14, 2007
Well, what I've learned is their prices are outrageous compared to the market. I only expect this to get more needed exposure due to Quixtar's lawsuit.
BTW: have you ever seen a company that is more about lawyers than good business in your life?
Support the troops

Olivet, MI

#5 Oct 14, 2007
has quixtar heard of "freedom of speech?"
Maria

Saltillo, Mexico

#6 Oct 14, 2007
The IBO's used to only slightly annoy me. Now, anything with Amway, Quixtar or any of their other names is totally banned in my house. forever.
scambuster

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2007
Quixtar is now resorting to the same tactics that Scientology is using. No coincidence since they are both CULTS.
Kim from Muskegon

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Oct 15, 2007
I agree with scambuster! The "Team" tried to recruit me, but I have a mind of my own, so they failed...miserably. The guy made the mistake of telling me that I needed to buy CD's and attend meetings to "keep my mind right," and I would also have to wear a particular outfit at all times. Scary. Fortunately, I am a very cautious and skeptical person, and I did my research. Maybe some people make decent money as IBO's, but they must know a lot of people willing to participate and spend more money on things than if purchased in stores. I didn't. Most people I know are realistic and on a tight budget like me. We know that when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Besides, the overall individual IBO success rate is undoubtedly overshadowed by the rate of unsuccessful IBO's. That's one thing they don't tell you. I was not interested in helping the folks above me (in the pyramid, or chain...whatever you want to call it) make money. To me, it is a scam I wanted no part of.
Taxpayer

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Oct 15, 2007
Gee, will I get sued by posting here?
abc

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2007
This country is so beyond help if people can start suing over "blogs"???
oh please

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2007
I saw an article written by someone at Quixtar,(on their website about a month ago) and I was shocked at how nasty and unprofessional it was. They sank to the level of name calling. I would have expected that behavior out of grade school kids, not from a website that Devos attached his name to. Interestingly, the 'other website' did not fall down to that level, and was very professional. They at least didn't resort to name calling.

Even though the article I saw wasn't authored by Devos, it was on his website,(which implies tacit endorsement) and it will make me reconsider my vote if he runs again. Maybe that is what Devos ought to be worried about.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13 Oct 15, 2007
This is Quixtar/Scamway/Alticor cult's feeble attempt to scare bloggers from broadcasting the truth about their scam. These are similar tactics the cult of Scientology uses---legal harassment to attempt to silence critics.
I watched a few of the youtube videos that make fun of Quixtar/Scamway/Alticor and they were hilarious.
The more publicity this scam gets, the better. The internet provides a means for all victims and critics of this scam to have a voice, and hopefully the judge will refuse Quixtar/Scamway/Alticor's requests for ISP records.
Brett

Traverse City, MI

#14 Oct 15, 2007
I think DeVos is trying to get some money from that 33 million or so dollars he blew on campaigning for Governor last year.

Hmmmm...
Jerry Unger

Denver, CO

#15 Oct 15, 2007
Why is it that Quixtar is digging at everthing to sippress freedom of speech. They say that their IBO belong to them. What are they slave owners. I have a good friend in their business an he is quite worried abiut their business. Maybe you should do your own little investigation on their plans and their business. It might prove interesting.
Tim

United States

#16 Oct 15, 2007
Since when did we lose freedom of speech
Tim

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2007
Ok so my daycae provider tried reeling me into THE TEAM ,and insited it had nothing to do with scamway, can i sue him????? If so plz help:)maybe we should all think about that, isnt that false advertising?? gotta be worth a few bucks huh
Maria

Saltillo, Mexico

#18 Oct 15, 2007
Tim wrote:
Ok so my daycae provider tried reeling me into THE TEAM ,and insited it had nothing to do with scamway, can i sue him????? If so plz help:)maybe we should all think about that, isnt that false advertising?? gotta be worth a few bucks huh
Actually, I think Amway is suing former members of "TEAM". TEAM people were IBO's (Independent Business Owners). Like I said, TEAM used to annoy me, but I actually empathize with them a little and am more disgusted in Amway/Alitcor/Quixtar.

By the way: I remember in the '80s people supporting Amway spreading rumors about a competitor - their logo had a moon and stars or something, and there was a rumor started 'somewhere in Michigan' that their logo was satanic. LOL.

I'm a conservative and proud of it - but not to DeVos' style. He's not a conservative, he's a cult leader.
Maria

Saltillo, Mexico

#19 Oct 15, 2007
I just thought of something:

We these "disparaging" remarks false or true???

I wasn't named on the lawsuit - if the statements brought up in court are actually true - maybe I'll start my own blog showing transcripts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#20 Oct 16, 2007
Quixtar/Scamway/Alticor is just on a fishing expedition with this lawsuit. They don't know who is posting the youtube videos or the blogs, and they expect a judge to allow them to blindly issue subpeonas. They are just trying to scare people from telling the truth about their scam.
freedom

Ionia, MI

#22 Oct 16, 2007
I think that a few people have it wrong on this blog. The TEAM is the business that is only fighting to be separated from Quixtar. No compensation. Just freedom to go where we want and say what we want, just like everyone else. Our leaders are standing up to Quixtar when so many have never had the courage to. All of the negative that people have to say about Quixtar/Amway are the exact reasons we want to leave. Not to mention overpriced products,88% failure rate. Please don't mix the two businesses. They are so different they are not even the same. I would have to have a few days to explain the kind of differences such as Leadership vs Management....Why do you think Orrin Woodwards book is in the top 14 in the country? Look it up yourself "Launching the Leadership Revolution" on Amazon or Yahoo. As for #8 Kim- Our system of Cd's, seminars and books is what separates us from the rest. The leadership is second to none. McDonalds uses the same type of duplicatable program as well as most franchises out there. When I went to college I learned from cd's, books, and lecture.No difference. How would you suggest to teach thousands all at one time Kim?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teacher turnover, 'chronic' absenteeism prevale... May '17 Rick 1
News Jessica Heeringa found: This guy started the rumor (Jun '13) Apr '17 A friend 5
Scagel place Mar '17 Auld Skool 1
News BH Leaders Call For Action To Save Local Schools Jan '17 marvinlzinn 1
News Park Twp. Man Sentenced in Drive-By Shooting (Nov '16) Nov '16 Go Blue Forever 1
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Nov '16 Go Blue Forever 32
News Wallet Snatchers in Downtown Holland SoughtHOLL... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2

Grand Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Haven Mortgages