Lawyer uses scrambled brain defense

Lawyer uses scrambled brain defense

There are 18 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Lawyer uses scrambled brain defense. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Dmitri Anderson could not tell detectives where he was when Grand Haven jewelry store owner Robert Karell and customer Louis Paprella were gunned down last summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

nana

Carson City, MI

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Oh, puleeze!!!!! Scrambled brain - maybe because of the drugs - but to say not guilty on all counts??? Give me a break!!
Fred

Liverpool, NY

#2 Feb 2, 2009
Mr Farmer has a "scrambled brain" and should be expelled from the legal profession.
Thugs do not change

AOL

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Can we get on with the Guilty plea already! This man is obviously guilty! Stop wasting taxpayer's money on this stupid A-- Trial!
Pinktoes

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 2, 2009
Scrambled Brain defense; picture it, the eighties Nancy was telling us to "just say no", they had commercials with a hot frying pan "this is your brain", crack two eggs put in hot pan and voila "this is your brain on drugs".

The only thing scrambled here is the lawyer and his lame defense.
Fuel for the Fire

Muskegon, MI

#5 Feb 2, 2009
Pinktoes wrote:
Scrambled Brain defense; picture it, the eighties Nancy was telling us to "just say no", they had commercials with a hot frying pan "this is your brain", crack two eggs put in hot pan and voila "this is your brain on drugs".
True!! I am certain lots of time in the state pen (Like life w/o parole) will help unscramble his brain. His attorney? To even come up with crap like that indicates his brain is scrambled beyond hope.
HappyMom

Bellaire, MI

#6 Feb 2, 2009
Since when does being so stoned on an illegal drug excuse you for commiting a felony? It should just add to the charges!
john grand rapids

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2009
We know he has scrambled brain thats why he needs to fry...........
Johnny Tulip

United States

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Don't worry brother, Obama will get you out of this mess!!!!!!
wrmt

Sparta, MI

#10 Feb 2, 2009
How do these lawyers sleep at night??!?!?!?!!
NekosBot20a4f

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2009
I wonder why it is immpossible for crime VICTIMS to get representation?

(Good reason to be a gunowner and be the judge, jury, and executioner before you call 9-11)
Rick

AOL

#12 Feb 2, 2009
wrmt wrote:
That's a good question. It's not the severity of the crime, it's how much money do you have for a lawyer and how powerful of a person you are. Some rich and powerful cat could probably gun down an unarmed person in cold blood in front of 20 witnesses, and still see hardly any or no jail time. Point made. Now this is different, but still.
Let me tell you a story about a friend who 30 years ago was up on larceny charges. The lawyer told him, you pay me 500 bucks, you'll see 6 months in jail, you pay me 1000, and I'll get you no jail time, but..if you can fork over 1500, I'll see that you receive no jail time, and get this cleaned off your record. Now why in Sam's blazes, if the lawyer knew he could get him completely off for 1500 bucks, why wouldn't he do the same thing for 500?
Common Sense - Sparta Mi

Cadillac, MI

#13 Feb 2, 2009
Whats taking the jury so long. Scrambled brains?
Tin Star

Denver, CO

#14 Feb 2, 2009
Oh my brain is scrambled!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#15 Feb 2, 2009
Like South Parks Chewbacca defense.... It just doesn't make sense.......

Since: Jul 08

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Feb 2, 2009
Pinktoes wrote:
Yeah...and they had an overweight, hungover alcoholic explaining it to you in the commercial.
Micky

Northbrook, IL

#19 Feb 2, 2009
wrmt wrote:
You got that right..you know..its been sooo cold around here lately that the attorneys got their hands in their own pockets for one!!! Farmer's brain is scrambled and he should be dis-barred for being "stuck on stupid"
Common Sense - Sparta Mi

Cadillac, MI

#20 Feb 2, 2009
Life w/o parole. Pray for the victims' families.
No friend of Jenny

Dewitt, MI

#21 Feb 2, 2009
You can bet the first time he dosen't get his way in prison , he'll be screaming "check my file" That's when he'll admit to being there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate-passed Detroit School plan 'farce,' 'cow... Jun 11 bozo 1
News Ottawa County Church Engulfed in Flames HOLLAND... May '16 District 1 1
News Christine Workman's mug shot from the Muskegon ... Apr '16 WhoDat 1
News These Lake Michigan beaches are getting more sa... Apr '16 next 1
Michigan Sex Offenders Release (Jun '09) Jan '16 aurelius 25
News Feds: Woman stuffed $1.9 million in purse over ... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Ray 3
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Dec '15 redrum 13

Grand Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance