Burglars hitting garages in Ottawa Co.

There are 20 comments on the Feb 2, 2009, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story titled Burglars hitting garages in Ottawa Co.. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Six garages in Grand Haven and Port Sheldon townships were broken into last week, according to the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rogue_kiss

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Feb 2, 2009
The headline makes it sound like garages of people's homes... But, the article says they used service entrances, so... Are these businesses?
Tom

AOL

#2 Feb 2, 2009
Hang out a Mexican flag in front of your house/ business and they'll leave you alone.
Old Rocker

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 2, 2009
rogue_kiss wrote:
The headline makes it sound like garages of people's homes... But, the article says they used service entrances, so... Are these businesses?
The small door for a garage at a home is called a service door.

“Cautiously optimistic”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Feb 2, 2009
rogue_kiss wrote:
Service entrance doors are pedestrian doors to a garage as opposed to the overhead garage door.

“91 Whiskey”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids

#5 Feb 2, 2009
Most garages have a garage door and a regular door like the one on the house. This regular door is usually referred to as the service entrance or man door.
here to

Hudsonville, MI

#6 Feb 2, 2009
The same thing happened to us about 3 months ago... cops got fingerprints but no arrests made yet...
maybe it is the same scum...
buzzkill

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Feb 2, 2009
Don't forget Jenison...they did so early Sunday morning to several houses there. Mostly beer.
Jerry Hilandsen

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Please come in my garage at night. I've got an 870 with your name on it.
Tincan

United States

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Agree Jerry! Love to do a night hunt! Come on in theif! Your last supper would be in my home!
jay

Belleville, MI

#10 Feb 2, 2009
buzzkill wrote:
Don't forget Jenison...they did so early Sunday morning to several houses there. Mostly beer.
So, what you are saying, is that Jenison people moslty have beer in their garage?
I thought they hid it in the basement, cant be caught having a beer in good old Jenison!
Zap Them

Vestaburg, MI

#11 Feb 2, 2009
I would put some voltage on my door handles and see if that gets their attention.
Mommy2

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Feb 2, 2009
These thiefs hit my garage! How dare they think they can come in and take something they didn't work for! They are no good and worthless people to me. I do hope that something happens to them someday. Payback SUCKS! If these lazy people would go out and get a JOB and WORK for things rather then steal. The sad thing is.. these people probably have offspring and the whole damn cycle repeats itselfs!
bobby duckworth

United States

#13 Feb 2, 2009
if they are in our garages at 1;00 am can we shoot them
Spread The Wealth

Spring Lake, MI

#14 Feb 2, 2009
Mommy2 wrote:
These thiefs hit my garage! How dare they think they can come in and take something they didn't work for! They are no good and worthless people to me. I do hope that something happens to them someday. Payback SUCKS! If these lazy people would go out and get a JOB and WORK for things rather then steal. The sad thing is.. these people probably have offspring and the whole damn cycle repeats itselfs!
That's called WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION

“Cautiously optimistic”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 2, 2009
jay wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying, is that Jenison people moslty have beer in their garage?
I thought they hid it in the basement, cant be caught having a beer in good old Jenison!
No, that was back in the old days...just Hudsonville hides it still.
sherri

Syracuse, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2009
i sleep light, i would wake up so can i shoot!!!
Mommy2

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Feb 3, 2009
Obviously Spread the Wealth is a freeloader. Shame on you! This is America.. Land of Opportunity.. too bad you fell on your butt and didn't do anything with your life!
RealAmerican

Royal Oak, MI

#18 Feb 3, 2009
I think if I lived in the city , I would invest in security camera's.
Old Rocker

United States

#19 Feb 3, 2009
jay wrote:
<quoted text>
In the winter, I keep all my beer and pop in the garage. It's too warm in the basement.
The pop froze once, but the beer was really cold.
RealAmerican

Southfield, MI

#20 Feb 3, 2009
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
In the winter, I keep all my beer and pop in the garage. It's too warm in the basement.
The pop froze once, but the beer was really cold.
UMMMMMM!Cold beer and a good game of football.Excellent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top 5 things to do in Muskegon area this week: ... Apr 13 benny 1
News Homicide in Muskegon Heights (Jan '09) Mar 30 hydra-blast 54
Diversity in Grand Haven? No thank you! Mar '15 Whitechick 1
Debate: Ferguson - Spring Lake, MI Feb '15 Dale 1
Is your veterinarian a GOOD veterinarian??? (Feb '06) Jan '15 Go Blue Forever 16
iCare Repair Jan '15 Jeff 2
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Jan '15 Joey D 20
More from around the web

Grand Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]