W. Mich Feb. unemployment rates rise

W. Mich Feb. unemployment rates rise

There are 8 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 31, 2009, titled W. Mich Feb. unemployment rates rise. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Seasonally unadjusted unemployment rates increased moderately in February in 12 of Michigan's 17 major labor market areas, according to the Michigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Wild Bill

United States

#1 Mar 31, 2009
A few more blown away.
Ellen

Montague, MI

#2 Mar 31, 2009
Wild Bill wrote:
A few more blown away.
Hang in there, Bill..lol ! Don't go and suck on that pistol just yet.
Un accounted for

Waterford, MI

#3 Mar 31, 2009
I have not had a "real" job in 3 years and I am pretty sure I am unaccounted for as far as the unemployed statistics go.I am no longer involved with any services regarding my status.My guess is that there are hundreds,maybe thousands more like me in Michigan.Do the unemployed numbers account for people who do not receive benefits?
Wild Bill

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Hang in there, Bill..lol ! Don't go and suck on that pistol just yet.
I'm not worried. I have a job that there is still a huge demand for. In fact, I could move anywhere and still have it. I live in Michigan, my manager is in California and my employer is nationwide.

I'm concerned about the others who aren't so lucky. I just had two friends of mine get laid off (both union workers, lot of good that did them). I told them they should both relocate to another state, get an apartment together, while sending money back to their families. They're considering it.
MovedoutofMichig an

Lehigh Acres, FL

#5 Mar 31, 2009
Oh what a shocker!!!Michigan is #1!!!!

Sing it folks,all together now!

Yes Michigan the feelings forever!!

Oh look!More moving trucks from Michigan just hit our state!!
Good for them,Who0o0o0o Wheeeee!

For the ones left behind,dont worry cause Bama finna fix things up real nice.Mmmmm Hmmmmm
Yep!Bama and mole face finna spread yo money and tax the **** out yo butts!
Hahahahahahaha

Good Luck!!
Ellen

Montague, MI

#6 Mar 31, 2009
Wild Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worried. I have a job that there is still a huge demand for. In fact, I could move anywhere and still have it. I live in Michigan, my manager is in California and my employer is nationwide.
I'm concerned about the others who aren't so lucky. I just had two friends of mine get laid off (both union workers, lot of good that did them). I told them they should both relocate to another state, get an apartment together, while sending money back to their families. They're considering it.
Bill, that is the best thing they could do. The only thing hiring here right now is, unemployment! My husband was laid off and found a job in Texas. We are looking to relocate there ourselves. Hope all goes well for your friends and yourself Bill.
Terrible Tragedy

AOL

#7 Mar 31, 2009
that we must resort to looking for work outside the State! Michigan sucks and there is no end in sight!
DJL

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Mar 31, 2009
Isn't this a surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BH Leaders Call For Action To Save Local Schools Jan 31 marvinlzinn 1
News Park Twp. Man Sentenced in Drive-By Shooting Nov '16 Go Blue Forever 1
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Nov '16 Go Blue Forever 32
News Wallet Snatchers in Downtown Holland SoughtHOLL... Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Teen charged in shooting of driver in Muskegon ... Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Open Streets Detroit to turn Michigan Avenue, V... Oct '16 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Grand Haven man bound over in election forgery ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1

Grand Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Haven Mortgages